It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
why do some people think its ok to break laws? even if they are meaningless laws they are still laws the same..i got busted for jaywalking,never paid my fine and lost my license for a year, which is odd because i never had a license. This lady broke the law blatently in front of an officer, no if ands or buts about it,its a law and she broke it. on top of that she was obviously resisting the officer, we have video evidence of that, and video proof of another person obstructing justice. but its ok? because some people feel they have the right to do what they want when they want? thats whats wrong with americans, well one of many things. i am from seattle and i see this attitude all the time, that somehow laws dont apply to seattlelites that they are owed something. it sickens me. the officer did not escalate the situation, it appeared to have been a short stunning blow to the face, not to do any damage per se just to say whats up. he could've thrown her down or tazed her, which she deserved, however it was not the right environment for those tactics, 1 white cop in a predominatly black area of town, couldve been a lot worse. people need to realize that if you arent doing anything wrong the police arent likely to mess with ya. you think they wanna fill out all the paperwork. hats off to the officer for enforcing the law, no matter how many feel its a stupid law. for the most part Seattle Police are pretty good guys,not sying all are good but there are a$$h*les in every sector of society. will this person learn their lesson, probably not, will the officer probably so, hopefully both wioll learn something from it at least.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't take sides with anyone in this video.

The girls were stupid, they know Seattle is a police state and they should have just let it go. Apparently they're just teenagers and haven't been fully indoctrinated yet, like the rest of us who are used to our tyranny.

The only reason nobody in the crowd got up and kicked this dick head cops rear is because our laws have set the police up as untouchable king's that if you even spit on them you could be looking at a few years in the penitentiary. Everybody is too damn afraid of their entire life being ruined for standing up when something looks wrong.

Parking tickets and jaywalking tickets in Seattle (and other cities) seem to be too easy to get. The cops actually hide on corners and wait for people to cross just a second late, so they can ticket them. It's another little game that the boys with guns use to keep the money flowing their way.

Jaywalking should just be a warning infraction, but instead it's used as a pretext to detain people by the threat of lethal violence. All so they can issue a citation in order to extract an extraordinary amount of peoples labor and transfer it to those working for the government - including themselves. Again, if it was about safety they wouldn't chase you down and arrest you nor would they charge you a couple of days take home pay for cutting a crosswalk early or being 1 second late on a light.

The cop in the video is clearly a punk. Just because some arbitrary written law says he's in the right, doesn't make it the right way to respectfully treat other fellow human beings.

Originally posted by C0le

NEVER resist arrest, NEVER interfere with an arrest and NEVER ASSAULT A POLICE OFFICER especially while hes trying to make an arrest...

He was following the correct use of force guide lines for this situation.

Well, I respect your opinion and that seems to be the status quo these days, but it doesn't make it right in the eyes of god.

He may be in the right according to what the laws, guide lines or department policy's that the Police Guilds have inserted into our laws, but I think it's pretty clear that there's a growing number of people who are fed up with the police being untouchables.

If you spit on them they call it assault. If they beat the living crap out of you for mouthing off or being stupid - they call it whatever they want so it fits into their so called policy's.

Yes, the girl technically interfered with an arrest and technically they could say that her movements might be interpreted by the law as assault. However, clearly the girls and other pedestrians were just being harassed by a complete dick head pig, who wants to look up inside peoples butt-holes in order to remind them who's in control and who's enforcing the extraction of more of their slave labor.

I'm looking forward to the day when one of these videos shows what happens when the people begin to step up and fight back.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
White crossing guard hits the mean 'ol black woman who won't submit to his supreme authority on serious street crossing issue.

Now his superiors have come out with the statement that they intend to increase cop's "training". Huh? Training? What is this "training" they are speaking of? Maybe they will teach the hall monitor/crossing guard cops how to connect better with their right cross, huh?

The "training" this jerk needs would best be conducted in an old fashioned wood shed. Would he want his daughter or mother treated like this by some thug crossing-guard goon on a power trip?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yeah, because she was so enthusiastic about following his simple instructions before any violence occurred. Do you really think the "victim" and her friend in the pink would allow a civilised conversation to proceed?

again your talking to a cab driver. A cab driver is a guy who drives three kinds of people around.

1.) snobs who think it's my fault because they are late to the Airport

2.) crack heads who think it's my fault because they can't find any crack

3.) absurdly drunk crazy violent people who can't remember where they live and think it's my fault they told me to drive them to the other side of town.

4.) extremely dangerous REAL thugs the Cops put into my cab when they don't want them on their books.

For Five years I had to deal with people like that in my cab EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN DAY!

My passengers have tried to beat me up, have tried to rob me, have tried to run from me, have tried to just not wake the hell up drunk off their butts and succeeded for several hours in the latter.

They have screamed in my ear as i'm driving, they have pulled on me while driving, they have tried to suck my pines while driving, they have tried to jump out of the damned cab while driving, they have tried to drive, steal the cab, threaten my life, exposed to threat by deadly weapons, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, you name it they have done it.

When I tell you that I have faced 100% more danger and risk to my life then these Cops who hide under bridges I mean it.

I was a good Cabbi because I knew how to do my Job, I knew the who, what, when and where on how to Handel people and not once did I ever have to raise my hand against a person. Not once.

People who are saying "he should have called for backup" are missing the big picture. Should he be wasting the police forces resources on getting back-up for a jaywalker? Unless the back-up included a black cop, it would just be spun the same way it was in this case.

If he is going to run around like a meter maid YES!

that's what the law dictates, if the girl refused to promise to appear in court by signing he should have called for back, with a black officer to professionally Handel the situation. That's what he should have done yes.

But this guy does not know how to be a Cop, As confused and nervous as he looked I'd say Mcdonalds would have a hard time trying to get him to put the paper down before the bun.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it did evolve into a situation where violence was likely. Both played a part in that.

Only one of them was a trained professional...supposedly.

The message the women was sending by purposely not following the cop's orders was that she was not taking him seriously. What is the point in having cops if people think they are a joke that can just be ignored?

The purpose of a meter maid is to give a ticket. the meter maid does not need to be taken seriously. Only the ticket.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What ever happened to RESPECT??

I am not saying the cop should have hit that woman but showing respect for an officer in function is not one the weirdest concepts, is it?

Man, I would really hate to be a cop in this society..

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
What ever happened to RESPECT??

I am not saying the cop should have hit that woman but showing respect for an officer in function is not one the weirdest concepts, is it?

Man, I would really hate to be a cop in this society..

Peace

In case you haven't noticed in the last few years, cops have done precious little to "earn" respect. Respect cannot be demanded. It is only earned through example.

Cops, first and formost, need to show respect to their citizen employers. I do agree with you on one point...I wouldn't want to be a cop in todays world either.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jetsettingvet

If you have to ask why, you will never get it.

It is abuse of power abuse of laws and the purposes they were written for.

We allowed the semi-silly laws like jaywalking because the original intent was to remind or educate people on safety.

Now it has become something completely different and then people like you come and ask why?

We gave police ridicules legal powers and lethal weapons in order to apprehend bad guys who are really big, bad, powerful, and a danger to society in general, but now they abuse those powers to chase down weak girls for jaywalking.

Maybe we need to start having a non-armed police force, so they will tone down their initial contact with the public and only send out armed units for situations like Swat & armed robberies etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
White crossing guard hits the mean 'ol black woman who won't submit to his supreme authority on serious street crossing issue.

Could you link me to this video, please?

I have watched the one in the OP many many times now and I keep seeing the woman who is punched assaulting the officer first. People like you keep saying she was punched for jaywalking. Why does no one care about that police officer's right to not be assaulted? He was not touching her. He was not even dealing with her at the moment and she assaulted him. That's all good though? Ok to just assault cops? Am I watching the wrong video?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

I have watched the one in the OP many many times now and I keep seeing the woman who is punched assaulting the officer first. People like you keep saying she was punched for jaywalking. Why does no one care about that police officer's right to not be assaulted? He was not touching her. He was not even dealing with her at the moment and she assaulted him. That's all good though? Ok to just assault cops? Am I watching the wrong video?

Same video. We are talking about a crossing violation here, my friend, not grand theft or murder.

These "cops" hide in the bushes in order to catch people who leave the curb a bit too soon. That is their sole job. The people are tired of hall-monitor type thugs, strutting about, being used to fund local governments as fund raisers.

The "crime" did not rise to the level of force initiated by the thug "cop" IMO.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Yeah! Can some one show me this video too?

Everyone keeps talking about a cop hitting a woman but all I see in the video of the OP is a wimpy, weak, sniveling meter maid brawling with a woman...and loosing.

All I see is a hermaphrodite ashamed of his own vagina trying to prove to his fellow lady that he indeed does have half of half a ball sack. and should not be messed with.

All I see in an unprofessional neophyte that does not have the slightest clue on the proper procedures of a ticket giving meter maid.

Crying like a girl.."She pushed me!! waaaaaa!"

I'd really like to see this video of a Cop you guys keep talking about.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
EDIT: Remove this reply I misread the post

[edit on 16-6-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Same video. We are talking about a crossing violation here, my friend, not grand theft or murder.

Must not be because I am seeing clear cut assault. I did not even see her jaywalk.

These "cops" hide in the bushes in order to catch people who leave the curb a bit too soon. That is their sole job. The people are tired of hall-monitor type thugs, strutting about, being used to fund local governments as fund raisers.

Um...sure. OK.

The "crime" did not rise to the level of force initiated by the thug "cop" IMO.

He was assaulted.

He was assaulted.

She assaulted him.

The woman comitted the crime of assault.

Please, please show me the video of the woman who just got punched for jaywalking because I CAN NOT FIND IT!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

same thing in finland , always in pair or more,

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Cant believe this officer didnt call for backup. He could have had his gun taken. In fact that is the primary reason you dont get close to an officer like that. Didnt someone in this vidio say something about the gun? The officer?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Let's see...

I'm a moron
I "play the race card".
I'm a possible "troll".

All because I state my opinion. Perhaps you need to realize that everyone is intitled to an opinion without resorting to name calling. This IS a violation of terms and conditions of ATS membership, IMO.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

They get out of bed and go to work...that of it self is enough to gain some respect, right?

Add to this the fact that they have an occupation that has the potential to get them killed.

Respect indeed works both ways but I don't think that this woman was angry at the cop because he didn't show respect in the past. I believe it is more a sign of our times to first open your mouth and start shouting before thinking...

Just my 2 cents...

And I really can't judge on the attitude of your law enforcement system since I live on the other side of the world. But where I live people are showing less and less respect for people who are willing to risk their lives for the safety of others. (that is still the function of your police officers, right??)

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
Yeah! Can some one show me this video too?

Ya know, Izzy. I enjoy so many of your posts. I really enjoy many of the things you have to say and your sense of humor. I starred a lot of your posts in just a couple of threads for what I thought were quite insightful and well thought out posts.

I also learned something about you. You respond in kind. When people say something rational, you respond that way. When they say something stupid, you are usually funny. When they are ridiculously braggadocious, you puff up bigger. That being said, I am puzzled.

Everyone keeps talking about a cop hitting a woman but all I see in the video of the OP is a wimpy, weak, sniveling meter maid brawling with a woman...and loosing.

All I see is a hermaphrodite ashamed of his own vagina trying to prove to his fellow lady that he indeed does have half of half a ball sack. and should not be messed with.

That seems a tad bit over the top, no? Did my post actually warrant you sinking to such a depth? I know you are smarter and wittier than this. I find it hard to believe that my simple point of view that the third party should have kept to herself gets me this odd rambling of unwarranted insults. So he was weak and skinny. He probably should not be on the force. Maybe they had trouble finding qualified candidates? I do not know but I do not seem him dressed as a woman or any evidence of dual genitalia. I also fail to see how no matter how wrong he may be, that is any kind of response.

How many people should be allowed to attack a cop before he can lawfully react? What level of force should be allowed against an officer conducing an arrest? Since she was a lowly female not able to take a punch as you seem to think, should any female be allowed to use any kind of force against any cop? How about weapons? What makes a weapon and where is the line between you crawling into a ball and you attempting to not die?

Which reminds me, it really seems hypocritical to attack the manliness of the cop after explaining your brave tactic of playing patato bug when a girl hits ya.

All I see in an unprofessional neophyte that does not have the slightest clue on the proper procedures of a ticket giving meter maid.

Sure, and the woman he was screwing up with may have had a nice lawsuit or at least a great story to make cops look bad with had she been the only one dealing with him and his failures. It is kind of like the people that want to attack the president and then all they have is that the border on his birth certificate is blurry...Yeah, hard to care now. Got arrested and hassled for Jaywalking? WHAT? The hell you say. Lets make some noise.

A cop was questioning you and you tussled with him and your fat friend attacked him while you were resisting arrest? Oh, I bet you talk at the movies too, don't try to represent anyone and go away.

But hey, if people thinking acting poorly and then encouraging more bad behavior is going to help stop bad behavior, more power to you.

Crying like a girl.."She pushed me!! waaaaaa!"

I'd really like to see this video of a Cop you guys keep talking about.

Maybe it is late for you. Should I have included more baseless insults and ranting attacking the character of a person I do not know in my response? I want to make sure you feel the same respect from me that I felt from you.

[edit on 6/16/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I know bullies with a badge like to call a little girls shrug an assault, so they can unleash all their power and legally pummel the weaker who dare to question their authority without fear a legal reprisal.

The truth is it's natural human behavior to resist at least a bit, it's an instinctual survival response to protect yourself & your tribe or in this case your friend. Police guilds have seen it written into policies and law in order to cover up their wanton abuse of the weak and protect their clients against lawsuits.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
The truth is it's natural human behavior to resist at least a bit, it's an instinctual survival response to protect yourself & your tribe or in this case your friend.

Survival? I hardly think they were going to throw her in the gulag for the rest of her life for jaywalking. She probably wouldn't have even been arrested had she not attempted to resist.

The police have the authority to enforce laws, whether a person thinks that law is insignificant or not. Don't like it? Your legal recourse is to take the matter to court, not to throw a stomping fit for the police when you get caught.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

I know bullies with a badge like to call a little girls shrug an assault, so they can unleash all their power and legally pummel the weaker who dare to question their authority without fear a legal reprisal.

See, this is all shifting to the point where I am simply defending cops and condemning the girls and that is not exactly how I feel. He has every right to call it assault because if she were a member of congress and he had a camera that same "shrug" woud suddenlt be assault. Ask how I know. Besides, that is a blatant distortion as you do not approach someone and reach to them and put your hands on them when you shrug.

The truth is it's natural human behavior to resist at least a bit, it's an instinctual survival response to protect yourself & your tribe or in this case your friend.

Resist what? What was she initially resisting? What was the first thing she resisted? Which girl are you even talking about now? You all seem to think there was one girl in that video who was stopped, wrestled with and then punched. There were two. One was resisting and one assaulted him. So I have to ask, who began resisting what? I did not see the cop begin his stop with physical force. Show me that, please.

Police guilds have seen it written into policies and law in order to cover up their wanton abuse of the weak and protect their clients against lawsuits.

Or there is the fact that if you touch me in a manner that is intended to cause me harm, it is assault if I am a cop or not.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join