It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

If you drove home by that spot you would sing a different tune. Why is there a jaywalking law? because it saves lives.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I am sorry my friend, you are probably a very intelligent individual and a great guy, maybe someday we can grab a beer and debate this ad nauseum. Frankly, however, you have a very pollyanna view of the world and this situation in particular. Cops working in major metropolitan areas face difficulties and dangers (many from the most unsuspecting and innocent places) that not many people have the misfortune of understanding. Living the majority of my life in the preeminent example of urban area (NYC) I may be more in tune to this situation the officer found himself in.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I'm just curious, how do you know which ATS members are white ?

Actually in all honesty I have truly no idea who is what race on ATS. But being a logical person infused with common sense I do feel quite capable of assuming what race a poster is based on his or her comments.

As an example if a poster were to respond in this manner....

"Yo Man! That pig be crazy! treating a sister like that! Hell next time I see a cop get a cap in is ass I'm gonna make a rap song about it yo...feirizzel."

I'm forced to assume this individual is of Asian decent probably with ancestral ties to china....

Now if a poster responds like this....

"Gee willikers, that little black girl sure does have quite a foul mouth on her doesn't she now....I'm glad that great, brave, strong handsome officer of the law who by the way is my son got her and her savage tribe under control. Jiminy crickets what is the world coming to? you give these people rights and they think they rule the world.”

they are obviously a member of the Nation of Islam with possible ties to the Black Panthers.

Now here comes the tricky posts, when a poster respond in this manner....

“That officer was just enforcing a 12.11 in a 5.5 districts when the 187 suspect clearly aggressively assaulted the officer. If I would have been on duty at the time, lethal force would have been in the report and I'd be on administrative leave or as we like to call it vacation. 10/4 over and out.”

for the life of me I still can't figure out who makes post like these. I think possibly a criminal as they seem to know quite a bit about Cop lingo.

Simple trigonometry is how I do it I'd say.

It probably would have been just a J-walking infraction, if the girl had acted properly. The girl in Pink, should have kept out of it, and things would have gone a lot smoother. After she pushed him and he got into with her the other girl jumped on his back. If you're gonna attack a cop, expect some kind of fallout from it.

yeah these cops are crazy now a day.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
1 officer, two people wrestling with him and a crowd of people yelling, the girl that gets punched was told to back off. He did the right thing. The only reason it is news at all is A) She is a girl. B) She is black.

That is all this will come down to is race just like everything else in this country. Just like in the eyes of probably 50% of the people I am racist for supporting the officer.

Secondly, what does the charge of jay walking have to do with what took place?
Nothing. The fact is the officer was being resisted by the suspect, another person was grabbing him and refusing to listen to his directions, all the while being surrounded by a mob of people. It no longer is about jay walking. So all the posts over "all this for just jaywalking" is just blind mindless rhetoric.

I can't wait to see how this transpires, with the lack of accountability and race issues this country has I bet it will end bad for the officer.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

I don't have a problem with the way the cop reacted. I have a problem with anyone being arrested for jwalking, but there were about a dozen folks there and they were escalating the situation. They were being aggressive, they reached out and touched the cop.

I think there is a reasonable case to make that he was defending himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm ONE HUNDRED PERCENT behind this officer. Giving her as shot in the jaw? HELL YES! this is why:

He was dealing with 1 girl who was fighting him and he was showing great restraint. He didn't "taze" her, spray her, bend her arm till she cried....

A SECOND girl grabbed him. I don't care.. girl or guy, The officer's possition is he's got one person unwilling to comply, and BAM, now 2... what happens if now 6? So he escilated his force in compliance to the threat against him. HELL YES! HE STILL WAS RESTRAINED! no taser... no pepper spray.. no gun.. he popped her in the jaw to end her little bs

and he STILL didn't go over board with the first one.

THIS IS HOW POLICING SHOULD BE DONE

stop bitching about a pop in the jaw when you do something stupid people. this wasn't about "jay walking" this was about people screwing with a cop, who at first came up about jay walking

if you think this is about jay walking, then i bet you still believe clinton got impeached cuz he got a hummer in the white house, not cuz he lied under oath in a court of law

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

I have to ask if you spend much time driving and parking and living in the inner city.

I have, I grew up in a large city and now live in the metro NYC area. It has no influence on my yearning for liberty.

I look at liberty as something that we should have, up until it impedes on the liberties of someone else. The minute that it impedes the liberty of someone else, it is initiating force and I don't agree with the initiation of force. That's liberty. I'm not saying that you can't respond with force, only that you shouldn't initiate it.

Children dart in and out of these cars. Children are about the same height as most of the cars they seem to like to hide behind. They often run from one side to the other without a care and you are left watching each and every car on both sides to see if anyone is going to magically appear right in front of you before you can stop. It is unnerving, unsafe, and if people were smart enough to cross safely, it would not be happening.

Children are one thing. Children are the responsibility of their parents and their parents should be held accountable for their children's actions. Also, children don't have the same liberties as adults because they are incapable of living up to the responsibilities that are a part of those liberties. Parents hold the liberties of their children until they are of a mature age to handle those liberties.

The "children" argument is "apples to oranges".

The other thing that happens is with the teens and young twenty.

Again, the teen argument is the same as above and should be the responsibility of their parents. Parents need to control their children. Other people shouldn't be micro-managed for the actions of someone else's children.

As far as "twenty somethings", they too should be held accountable for their actions. You shouldn't force me to live a certain way because of the actions of others. Not only is this punishing before the *crime, but it is essentially the "state" saying that they know how to live my life better than me.

If someone causes a wreck, they should be held accountable. If we go along the lines of "preventing" accidents or safety, then we should also outlaw cars period. Don't people crash cars all of the time? Then why not outlaw them, for the safety of the people of course.

I'm sorry but I know how to live my life just fine. I don't need a nanny state to do that for me. If I make a mistake somewhere, I'm perfectly fine with whatever the consequences may be. I don't need the government telling me what's safe or not.

Furthermore, if it's for our own safety, then I don't see how violent cops are helping with that safety. I think we have more to fear with the police, than with getting struck by a vehicle crossing the street. We should be responsible for our own actions and those of our children. We need to get off of this whole reliance on the government. We are being indoctrinated to believe that government knows best and government should live our lives for us.

reply to post by Overtime

If you drove home by that spot you would sing a different tune. Why is there a jaywalking law? because it saves lives.

I don't need the government... or their enforcement arm to tell me what's safe and what isn't. People need to be responsible for their own actions. Because a few people are too idiotic to cross the street, my liberty should be taken away?

Going beyond that, brutally detaining someone for their own safety on an issue as simple as crossing the street is kind of counter-productive, don't you think?

Why do you need to rely on the government to do the critical thinking for you, eliminate the risks for you? The government doesn't know how to live our lives better than we do. It is the very anti-thesis of liberty and that way of thinking is extremely un-American, if you believe that America is supposed to be the beacon of liberty. Now, I'm never one to use that term because being American is really boiled down to our own perception of what America is supposed to be (for those of us from this country). However, if you believe in freedom and liberty, then you can't believe in an authoritative "nanny" state, micro-managing our lives under the guise of safety and security. Frankly speaking, if a sane and healthy person can't cross the street on their own, then....

--airspoon

[edit on 16-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Nevermind, I should have known better than to expect anything other than a smartassed, clownish answer.

Yes there are a lot of crazy cops out there, but in this particular case he wasn't one of them. Both those loudmouthed broads are lucky they weren't dealin with a crazy out of control Chicago cop they woulda both been munchin on some concrete. Considering what he was up against I think he was remarkably restrained, his only problem was in not being able to handle the first one.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You people and your darn rights, the girl resisted, more got involved and he did what he had to do, if they would have shown some order, the officer wouldn't have needed to resort to violence!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mattias

The cop should have just left. If he can't get a handle on the situation (or non-situation), then he should have just left. It's not as if a hardened criminal was going to get away. Don't we learn the whole "just walk away" bit in grade school? A simple jaywalking infraction shouldn't have warranted a violent encounter. This cop clearly can't handle his job.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by largo

The other 'fun' part of his logic is that we consider blacks to be people.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Well believe you me that I am truly so very, very sorry to have made that bold assumption.

If we thought they were just animals, we'd be offended by their abuse.

So true, so true. Can't....beathe.....laughing to hard...

But please do notice that I said most white people don't care if it a Black or White person as long as it's not fluffy the terrier.

So therefore they are lower than animals.

That's what happens when you look at human situations in ones and zeros.

You guys are just to technical, like robots that are programed to Love Nazis.

This is not complicated. It's not technical. It's not racial.
It's freaking survival.

Maybe they should film all those survivor shows in US cities.

*Tonight on the discovery channel....two Black girls illegaly cross the street to drink at the nearest watering hole but what they don't suspect is that the most dangerous predator known to the western streets of Seattle hiding behind a bridge THE COP!!

The Cop is known to hide behind large structures like a bridge or a highway sign like a desert tarantula for it's prey. It can smell blood, dope or intoxication from up to 2 miles away. It's primary food consists of Black people, drunk drivers, other creatures without a license but mostly of Dunkin Donuts.

Join us tonight for...When Cops Attack Season 2 The Jungles of Seattle.*

I guess asking for a little humanity is out of the question.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
From what I see the girl had it coming.

Think about it what should he have done? Let them push him around? Or just give up and leave. He did his job and the two black girls should go to jail.

The reason the police don't just keep the peace anymore is because of people like the two girls in this video. Think about it when did police start really getting forceful? I remember it was when large segments of black population starting getting out of hand back in the late 80s.

And before you scream racism it could have been the Irish but it wasn't, it is the blacks. They need to raise their kids better and stop listening to bad leaders and role models.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Nevermind, I should have known better than to expect anything other than a smartassed, clownish answer.

Aw common Buddy, I was just trying to make a point along with a little humor.

Yes there are a lot of crazy cops out there, but in this particular case he wasn't one of them. Both those loudmouthed broads are lucky they weren't dealin with a crazy out of control Chicago cop they woulda both been munchin on some concrete. Considering what he was up against I think he was remarkably restrained, his only problem was in not being able to handle the first one.

I'll give you that. and yes to the cops credit he at least did not go nuts on the girl which would have made things even worse.

But the thing is it should have never had gotten to that point. It's ticket, you give it and you let her know that if she does not sign it, pay or show up to court she goes to jail. It's that simple. Every Cop knows this.

But they are so eager to bed people to their will, to brake people and make them show total obedience that at the slight sign of disrespect they turn a simple ticket to a potty mouthed girl into an arrest of two.

That's not right, even if he did not beat the living crap out of her.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've read over the replies since my last post and think people have presented some valid reasons in defence of the cop. I will admit that unless you have been a cop, you probably do not understand the dangers that are present. On ATS, we often see videos of cops making mistakes and being aggressive. What we don't see is the every day situations where they encounter danger in seemingly innocent surroundings.

I just get the feeling like there is an agenda on here by some members to demonise law enforcement officers to make them look power-hungry, brutal tyrants. Why? This creates distrust and a lack of respect for authority in general. Believe me, down the track that IS a bad thing. People shouldn't live in fear of law enforcement by any means, but they should be willing to show respect until they are given a reason not to.

This scenario is just another case of somebody letting pride override common sense. Had the two women not resisted and gone against what was happening in a civilised manner, they would probably be sitting at a coffee shop laughing about the ordeal. Instead, pride overpowered common sense. I still don't agree with the way the cop handled the situation (there is plenty of room for improvement), but this is NOT a case of a cop using violence for kicks.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Its videos like this, that are going to start a #ing riot in America! this policeman acted with complete and utter disrespect for the American people. What is the motto of the police? I mean come on, this is uncalled for and should be investigated in its full entirety. With more high quality camera phones coming on to the market we are going to start seeing more and more of this, how many were filming I lost count!

Shame on you mr policeman!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

The reason the police don't just keep the peace anymore is because of people like the two girls in this video. Think about it when did police start really getting forceful? I remember it was when large segments of black population starting getting out of hand back in the late 80s.

Very true!

It was right around the time that black people stopped saying "Yessa Massta" and started standing up for their rights that the whole world went to hell.

That and our good buddy Oliver North spreading crack coc aine to thwart the Black Panthers turning them into the Bloods and the Crips sure did not help.

But just to let you know Before the Blacks it was indeed the Irish that the Cops had huge problems with.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Man I don't even know what to say. You guys know what I want to see? People watching a cop abuse his power and then a crowd of people come and whoop the cops ass. That would be so funny. Butt on a serious note Fock the police and everything they stand for. I love my Constitution.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
they should have got struck more than once; did anyone not see the video i was seeing.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
She shouldn't have resisted like that. It's a big no-no to resist arrest. Just cooperate.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
She shouldn't have resisted like that. It's a big no-no to resist arrest. Just cooperate.

Like the jews you mean when they were ordered in to the gas chambers? those who give up their liberty for freedom deserve neither. What happened to the friendly policeforce, why is there so much bravado and egotism nowadays?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join