It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

www.komonews.com

Seattle police are investigating what they call an assault of an officer in South Seattle.

However, a police officer is seen punching a 17-year-old girl in the face during the incident captured by a video camera on Monday.

According to Seattle police, the incident began when an officer spotted a man jaywalking in the 3100 block of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way S. at approximately 3:10 p.m. The man was some 15 feet away from a pedestrian overpass, police said.

The officer was talking to the man
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/15/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ALL FOR JAYWALKING!!!!???? WOW, cops really are starting to scare the crap outta me, I see way to many police brutality vids everyday.
I had a little run in with a corrections officer who decided he needed to exert his power once, here's my story:
About 2 years ago I got ran off the road by a corrections officer because he didn't like that I yelled at him when he cut me off and almost caused somebody to crash on the other side of the road. He was in a civilian vehicle and in plain clothes. i had no idea he was a "cop", so he decided to make a u-turn, catch up to me, then go on oncoming to cut me off and make me stop. Might I add that he doesn't even have the power to pull someone over, since he is only a county jail corrections officer. So i had to come to a screeching halt and veer into someone's driveway in order not to T-bone his car that was now blocking my roadway. I immediately called 911 scared for my life as he's getting out of the car and walking towards me, then i saw his badge on his waist when i was calling. He was screaming and yelling at me, the 911 operator even heard this. I ended up taking him to court, i wasn't allowed to use that 911 call for evidence of him going berserk for some reason, but after the 3rd time of begin in court, the judge decided all he had to do was apologize to me. I didn't have money for a lawyer and I didn't have the knowledge of the "justice system" (that's like the ultimate oxymoron haha) that I do now, so i kind of just gave up and said okay whatever.

i wish i could go back in time and be like, "NO! that's unacceptable!" to the judge but oh well. so it makes me real mad whenever i see videos like this, knowing that the cop is never the one at fault, or at least in the courts eyes.

www.komonews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/15/2010 by semperfortis]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
yeah its kinda obscene for that kind of reaction, but also, some people talk to much and are abusive when they speak. This is more the cops fault, but the woman sounded like she had a big mouth. We do not see everything that is said, so..

Im still on the womans side, but just barely.

edit to add

rereading the article and rewatching the video, I think getting arrested for Jaywalking to be extremely anithuman behaviour. If there are no cars, why not cross. I Jaywalk everyday, so do most urban dwellers. Its our RIGHT to walk where we wish. I have Jaywalked right in a cops face, many times. If done properly, and not running through traffic (which is why the jaywalking bylaw exists probably)

Sad, the women should be let free, no mark on the record, same with the cop. An apology to both parties and on with life.. Its a waste to use any resources to persue this in courts, or whatever, that is just giving more power to the ELITE to use their lawyers to play their game..

Bah... sad story

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Le Colonel]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Get the badge number, file a complaint, and seize the cops bonds.

Boom he is instantly out of work.

And screwed like every other person now.

This is why it is good to know how to read, write, and speak.

There is slave speak, which most people unknowingly do.

Google, is might be your friend, it does log everything entered

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Are you serious!? Are you serious!? Are you serious!?

What is it with Americans and their phrases

Seriously that women was goby but that cop was bad at arresting.

There both bad imo.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Two things.

One: WTF is wrong with that "F" cop! You don't just strike people! There is a level of professionalism that is expected and he is held to that credo. He is an enforcer of the law, therefore not above it. Plus the girl got charged with assaulting him after he blatantly assaulted her.

Two: There where many people recording him and in plain sight. He could see that people where catching footage of everything he was doing. What did he think it would just disappear?

link   
They should have citizen arrested the cop.

link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
yeah its kinda obscene for that kind of reaction, but also, some people talk to much and are abusive when they speak. This is more the cops fault, but the woman sounded like she had a big mouth. We do not see everything that is said, so..

i don't agree with how she reacted either, but we have this thing called freedom of speech. she was very distraught and was obviously very emotional, so she wasn't really thinking before speaking, but that in now way justifies how this officer decided to use brute force. just because it's a cop doesn't mean you not allowed to tell him to F off when he's in the wrong. of course he's not gona like that and he's gona exert the power that's given to him, but then he's violating their rights by technically attacking them. cops demand respect these days, they don't earn it. and i think that's sickening. if you piss them off you're gona pay.

+41 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the woman in pink did like the dumbest thing you can do to a cop, she totally interfered with the arrest (no matter how stupid it was), and physically seperated the cop and the other chick, then she did assault him. i'm sorry but that's like cop basics 101... you don't do anything as stupid as that.

i know it's the opposite of what everyone's guts and impulses are, but the most intelligent thing to do is be passive and facile, no matter what the situation is. you don't have to comply with everything or stay that way, but it will get you the farthest. the more you "resist" and act standoffish, things will get bad for you fast.

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What do they expect when there resisting arrest or attacking an officer while makeing an arrest. There lucky he didn't throw them to the ground face first and knock there teeth out or brake there nose.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Cops don't scare me in the least...of course,I don't act like that and am respectful to their requests.
They have a tough enough job to do without me making things worse.
I have been arrested a few times and NEVER been treated like that....hmmm go figure.
I would have pepper sprayed her first after warning her instead of punching her.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

i don't agree with how she reacted either, but we have this thing called freedom of speech. she was very distraught and was obviously very emotional, so she wasn't really thinking before speaking, but that in now way justifies how this officer decided to use brute force. just because it's a cop doesn't mean you not allowed to tell him to F off when he's in the wrong. of course he's not gona like that and he's gona exert the power that's given to him, but then he's violating their rights by technically attacking them. cops demand respect these days, they don't earn it. and i think that's sickening. if you piss them off you're gona pay.

well i'm not defending that cop, but saying F off and interfering with an arrest and pushing the cop isn't the same thing at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

yeah, i dont always get what i am thinking written down properly,

The cop was totally at fault. They usually are since they are just drones these days. BUT it is up to us to deal with them knowing this. They could have all walked away with a warning only, if they just spent the few minutes to talk with the POLICE OFFICER.

We all have to deal with other humans accordingly. They were Jaywalking the PO did what he is told to do. BUT the PO could have been talked out of giving a ticket or whatever if they spent the time to calmly (regardless of the POs attitude) describe what the PO thinks he is stopping you for.

i get out of tickets all the time. Police Officers are doing a job. But they are Human Beings also.

We need to remember we ALL are Human Beings and act accordingly. im 33 and I see people all around me, even in said vdeo, acting like children..

a giant tsk tsk to humanity from Le Colonel

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
INternal affiars...every bad cops nightmare
give em a call r email.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

well i'm not defending that cop, but saying F off and interfering with an arrest and pushing the cop isn't the same thing at all.

yeah you're right, i would have never interfered like she did, she nuts for doing so. but i'm ust saying i don't think your verbal words you use towards the cop should matter since you're not causing him harm, ur just expressing yourself. unless you're threatening him, that's different. i'm just saying that cops seem to think if u hurt their feelings with words they have the right to hurt u physically. obviously not what happened in this video, but it happens everyday.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'd want to hit her too...she interrupted his job and was pushing against him all the while shouting in his face.

She got what she deserved.

Man or woman....if you start screaming in my face and pushing against me, I will hit you...it's a natural reaction. We all have a breaking point.

Saying that, I am English, and think the idea of having laws on where you can cross the road is rediculous. So the fac tthis whole situation even started sounds crazy to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Although I don't agree that the officer should have punched the girl in the face, she deserved it. You don't just go up to an officer trying to subdue another person and try to forcefully separate them from each other. It doesn't matter what the offense was, whether it was jaywalking or anything else; let the officer take you off to the side and give a ticket or warning or whatever. This isn't solely the officer's fault and I can see why he would get so annoyed that he punched the girl in the face. Maybe if we had more people punch others, who deserve it for being stupid, in the face, the officer wouldn't have had to.

If you don't want unnecessary brutality then don't antagonize an officer just stopping someone for jaywalking. I wouldn't even consider it real "brutality" just because it was a single punch and not them laying her out on the ground and continuing to beat her like they could probably have gotten away with since she started the trouble.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

yeah you're right, i would have never interfered like she did, she nuts for doing so. but i'm ust saying i don't think your verbal words you use towards the cop should matter since you're not causing him harm, ur just expressing yourself. unless you're threatening him, that's different. i'm just saying that cops seem to think if u hurt their feelings with words they have the right to hurt u physically. obviously not what happened in this video, but it happens everyday.

and that i can agree with. if this is all the footage there is then i dunno how to call the situation. but, and don't flame me, the most likely case is the cop was just out on the beat (or whatever it's called), saw them jay walking in what is a busy looking street, and stopped to tell them to knock it off. then someone probably said something about racism, and then we get the video we see now.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I see a woman resisting.

I see another woman interfering with the officer
And placing her hands on him.

Now, should he have struck her, eh, in the heat of the
Moment, maybe he feared that all the people present were
Going to attack him? We don’t know.

They could have been pepper sprayed or tazed, but it wouldn’t matter
Everyone would still jump all over this claiming the officer was out of line.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You don't touch a cop and you don't try to stop him from arrestting someone.

I don't care how stupid the charge is...you let the courts handle it. She wanted to act tough...pushed the cop...and got what she deserved.

Having said that...what is up with this cop...why is he so weak??? Can't get one female under control? And I'm surprised the crowd didn't do anything...it wouldn't of been right...but they all seemed angry and they just stood there and watched.

Odd video.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join