It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian dating a Muslim, and not once has she tried to kill me for my beliefs.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

I got through page one of the generally knuckleheaded responses to your post and that's it for me. Kudos to you for sharing your experience...which I think encapsulates the American dream. Shame on those fools who are busy telling you how wrong you are in your personal perceptions of what's going on around you. It's apparent they are accustomed to being told what to think, and figure it'll work on others as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Most of us know that the vast majority of Muslims are just like the vast majority of adherents of other religions or non-religions. I agree that there are many anti-Islam threads, but it is consistent with the other anti-threads that are allowed on here. If we are not allowed to criticise religion for one group, then we cannot condone it for any other religion. Considering that many believe religion as a whole is one of the biggest Conspiracy Theories of all time, it would be a shame to ban discussion of it because one group is offended.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wait until you're married. That's when all women go on that murdering spree. *rim shot*

Seriously- I was trying to date a muslim girl myself. Nice, polite, not judgmental, kind, CUTE, and Understanding to a fault. Her only problem was her father would have killed her.

I'd rather a muslim woman any day than a Christian one- the list of reasons is very looooong.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
It's not the women who kill you... it's the parents who disown the women and the news reports are of the father usually harming them as a result.
This happens more often than we'd like to admit.

And no, I'm not against Islam or Muslims...I'm respect all cultures, even the misunderstood ones...

right ! he just met a good person.You never know.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am 17 as well as my girlfriend.

Her parents Muslim, mine Christan.

Were not allowed to be together, but we love each other oh so much.

Its been over a year now, neither of our parents know.

If they did, god knows what will happen.

One can only look at an individual and say, they are wrong in their doings.

Once you say a group is wrong in their doings, you are incredibly wrong in your sayings.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
In fact, she respects the way I was raised and tries to understand my culture in order to better herself. A year and a half later, she hasn't even attempted to suicide bomb my apartment or kill me for watching the World Cup. I might kill her if she DOESN'T let me watch.

To be honest, I am too open to consider myself a Christian anymore, but I was raised in the Methodist church and it made me the peaceful person I am today. She was raised as a Muslim, 1st generation Saudi Arabian (about as strict as it gets) here in America. She is also very open and very peaceful, largely due to the teachings of Islam. NOT due to the laws put in place by the sociopathic leadership in the Middle East.

I'm growing tired and very saddened by the anti-Islamic sentiment happening in America and here on ATS. I completely understand that, at face value, Muslims seem to be absolutely bat-sh** crazy to outsiders. But murderous Islamic law is not derived from the Quran, it is derived from people using a unifying idea to manipulate the masses and maintain power through force. Islam has been subverted by power-hungry lunatics, just as democracy and Christianity have been in the United States. Combined with Western propaganda, it looks like madness. If Dick Cheney lived on the Arabian peninsula, he'd throw on a keffiyeh and start killing women for showing their ankles in public in the name of Islam.

The thing we all need to accept is that people are people, and nobody has a choice where they are born and how they are raised. If you believe that an entire group of people are insane due to practicing a religion based on peace, then you are a victim of propaganda, pride and ignorance. Muslims are not born full of hate, and their religious texts don't promote it. Their national texts do.

TPTB are simply causing an emotional division on a worldwide scale both in the West and the East, and if you can't see through that, then you are not denying ignorance.

This is sad... very sad.

If you are a "christian" then you would know that the god they worship is not the true God of the Bible.

any way you read it, it says the same

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
King James Bible
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

American King James Version
Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness?

American Standard Version
Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness?

Douay-Rheims Bible
Bear not the yoke with unbelievers. For what participation hath justice with injustice? Or what fellowship hath light with darkness?

Darby Bible Translation
Be not diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what participation is there between righteousness and lawlessness? or what fellowship of light with darkness?

English Revised Version
Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness?

Webster's Bible Translation
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

World English Bible
Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Young's Literal Translation
Become not yoked with others -- unbelievers, for what partaking is there to righteousness and lawlessness?

[SNIP]

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness and what communion hath light with darkness

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions:

1i.) Language: The dominant language of our users and moderation staff is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of these Terms & Conditions, you agree not to post or chat in any language other than English.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hmmm,,, I dont want to get into various fanatics in various religions. About anti islam on ATS, i dont think there is such a thing. Christianity gets more bashed than islam.
If somebody posts a Jesus image for pun, i mean some funny wall paper it stays.
Same thing is not true about islam. Their posts will be immediately deleted. Lets say ATS is more than fair to islam.
Also you having a islam gf who is good doesnt mean the same for everyone of them and viceversa.
Banning all the organisations of religion or reducing their power is a good thing for everyone. But not before the government is reformed and gets rid of the shadow government.

Honestly, dont drag these stuff and make a thread without knowing. As long as i know ATS is more favourable to islam.

P.S- I'm not a Christian or a muslim. I dont approve any religion for that matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not the quran? ahahaha go read the surrah!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Wait until you're married. That's when all women go on that murdering spree. *rim shot*

Seriously- I was trying to date a muslim girl myself. Nice, polite, not judgmental, kind, CUTE, and Understanding to a fault. Her only problem was her father would have killed her.

I'd rather a muslim woman any day than a Christian one- the list of reasons is very looooong.

Please inform us.......really please.

All those qualities you mentioned can be found within a 'christian' girl or any other girl.

What is up with all the christian hate on ATS?

Its like you guys ignore islam or any other religion and go straight to christianity bashing.

You guys are acting like children.

You are not atheists....you are a bunch of whiny little children.

TRUE atheists respect others beliefs. True atheists are not snobs who bash religion at every chance. True atheists are just people who have no belief in god but RESPECT others and there right to believe in one.

Many people on here are not TRUE atheists....BUT WHINY KIDS.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

....So you think all 2 billion Muslims are fundamentalists?

I just need to ask so I don't offend you in the future; Were you born with an extra chromosome by any chance?

reply to post by empireofpain

Uh....last I checked there is no religious canon specifically outlining how an atheist should act and live. Also it appears "true" atheists don't understand what humor or sarcasm are.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Please inform us.......really please. All those qualities you mentioned can be found within a 'christian' girl or any other girl.

Well, you asked for it.

I have found, with barely an exception- Christian women are shallow, hollow, greedy, cruel, cowardly, brainless, lifeless, intolerant, rude, loud, self righteous, hypocritical, lovers of themselves who hide behind 'Jeebus' (the pasty white one) when they reach out and slit the throat of ones they deem 'unworthy' to be their "mate". They lie, steal and cheat because they are 'oh so deserving' of the type of man they 'expect' from God (usually overly handsome, rich, affluent, and with contacts so they can network in their social life). They are NOT even a bare shadow of the Proverbs Woman- They are shiftless, lazy, stupid, narrowminded, whorish.... And I left out INSANE. Nuttier than fruitcakes. Crazy. Looney. Bonkers. Spare. Daffy.

Shall I go on, or do you have an idea here?

Now, like I said, not ALL are like this, there's a few who aren't... oh so very few....

[edit on 16-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You know that Muslim Men dominate the muslim women. If it was the other way around it wouldnt work
You are a guy
You are obviously not dating a extremist
Wich most of them are, lol am on vication in a country, the muslims want to CHANGE the flag of the country am on vication in..to their OWN..haha..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

As a Christian myself i will try not to be rude about this...

This is sad... very sad.

If you are a "christian" then you would know that the god they worship is not the true God of the Bible.

any way you read it, it says the same

The only thing sad here is your one sided interpretation of certain quotes while completely neglecting others...

1 Corinthians 7 (King James Version)

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

If you love her and she loves you... be true to each other and go with God’s blessing... You will be judged on the content of your heart.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

Originally posted by felonius
Were she (and her family) actual muzzies, she would be dead in the near future. Sorry dude, that's just how the muzzies roll.

Wrong again.
And you keep insulting muslims by using derogatory terms, and no one (moderators) seem to bother doing something about it.

No one, no father, brother, whatever, has the right to force anything on their daughters, sisters, or anyone for that matter.
It is her choice, and hers alone.
I am muslim and have 2 daughters. It is my duty to try and lead them on the true path to the best of my abilities. But if they still choose another path, I will never force them to do anything.
It's their choice.

And stop abusing my Queen.*

* - Teuta was our Queen (illyrian/albanian Queen), and military Leader of albanians/illyrians. Her name, in itself oldest albanian and proto-indo-european root word for people or nation is later used to derive terms as "teutonic" to represent tribes in western europe who borrowed that name from the original albanian/proto-indo-european and nostratic.

Ahhhh yes.

Albania.

I believe that is where pre-Ataturk Turkey butchered christians by the score. I think they are not doing them any favors at the moment either.

"Oh, the "religion of peace"
forbids compulsory conversion". Yeah, well, bloody well didnt stop anyone from taxing "non" muzlims. Or just killing them outright.

At least the christians chilled out on that sort of thing.

Yes. I have issues with a religion that has countries stoning women, making women walk around in black bags, and breaking a seven year olds arm (via car rolling over it) because he stole a piece of bread.

It's a 6th century aberration that should have stayed there. Islam has not even had a "reformation". For all the crap done by the "church" at least they have gotten their act a great deal better together.

I've no use for muslims. I wouldnt go out of my way to punch one in the street but I also wouldnt wizz on one if he were on fire either.

You wanna make people like me change our minds?

Great.

Put up or shut up.

Eliminate groups like CAIR. Expose and eliminate these mosques that are promoting wahabism. Eliminate the american madrasa's. Convince these idiots "back home" not to strap "boom belts" on their butts and expect a trip to allah and his 72 (not quite so virgin anymore) virgins. How about ending honor killings? Did I mention the stonings? What about mutilation of females.

"Sir, why did you kill little Suzie?"

"oh, she was walking down the street in pants and spoke to a boy that drove by going 45mph. She dishonored our family. She's a little skeeze."

I'm willing to change my outlook when your religion gets a bit more humane.

You may be one that has started to help get it together somewhat. Islam could use a Martin Luther about now. As a father, I do commend you on your daughters.

I'm waiting for a reply Hoss.

[edit on 16/6/10 by felonius]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Please inform us.......really please. All those qualities you mentioned can be found within a 'christian' girl or any other girl.

Well, you asked for it.

I have found, with barely an exception- Christian women are shallow, hollow, greedy, cruel, cowardly, brainless, lifeless, intolerant, rude, loud, self righteous, hypocritical, lovers of themselves who hide behind 'Jeebus' (the pasty white one) when they reach out and slit the throat of ones they deem 'unworthy' to be their "mate". They lie, steal and cheat because they are 'oh so deserving' of the type of man they 'expect' from God (usually overly handsome, rich, affluent, and with contacts so they can network in their social life). They are NOT even a bare shadow of the Proverbs Woman- They are shiftless, lazy, stupid, narrowminded, whorish.... And I left out INSANE. Nuttier than fruitcakes. Crazy. Looney. Bonkers. Spare. Daffy.

Shall I go on, or do you have an idea here?

Now, like I said, not ALL are like this, there's a few who aren't... oh so very few....

[edit on 16-6-2010 by wylekat]

again all those qualities you stated can be found in ANY girl....any ATHIEST girl more likely then not.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
everytime I read these types of threads I get the scene from the Simpsons where the preacher tells Flanders "Have you considered joining another church? They are all pretty much the same."

Most religions are too. They all seem to cover the basic principles of right and wrong. Everything else is just window dressing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I studied Islam for some time, trying to understand it.

A professor of mine once said...
"Don't judge Islam by the Muslims you know, and don't judge Muslims by what you know of Islam."

In other words, some Muslims are very nice, peaceful people. They do their best to try and fit in with whatever society they are living in and help those in need. You may know some Muslims like this, but that is not what Islam actually teaches. Islam, and the Qur'an, teach hate. I've read it. You won't be able to convince me otherwise.

On the flip side, knowing that Islam is a violent faith at it's core does not mean that I should suspect that every Muslim adheres to it's repulsive teachings. Just because I know what kind of evil the Qur'an teaches does not mean that I should look down upon all Muslims, as many have not bought into the more extreme teachings in their holy book.

People see Muslims as people of faith because they actually do what their book says to do. For the most part, people think that consists pretty much of prayer, fasting, giving of alms and their pilgrimage. The destruction and murder of Infidels is taught very clearly in the Qur'an, so it too should be done by those who actually adhere to it's teachings.

People don't see Christians as being authentic because there are so many posers who claim to be Christian but do not live out the faith. People who deny Jesus as the only way to salvation and who live lives that would make pagans blush.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Two things. You make your premise on being a christian, but she hasn't tried to kill you. Then, in the next sentence admit you aren't a christian. Then you insult christians, claiming "you're too open" to be a christian.

I was about to make a reply about this. It go me pretty confused.

A non Christian calling himself Christian criticizing Christians.

???

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ATS01A]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Ahhhh yes.

Albania.

I believe that is where pre-Ataturk Turkey butchered christians by the score. I think they are not doing them any favors at the moment either.

Yes. I have issues with a religion that has countries stoning women,
black bags,
wahabism.

"boom belts"

honor killings?

mutilation of females.

[edit on 16/6/10 by felonius]

If the "killing" of christians was done in Albania as you say it, how come over 40% of albanians are christian?

But, back to your topics:

- Stoning woman has nothing to do with islam
- "Black bags" over the head (woman dressing) has nothing to do with islam.
- Wahabism has nothing to do with islam. Its a sect created by England/West to rule Arabia.
- "Boom belts" have nothing to do with islam. Suicide is FORBIDDEN in islam.
- Honor killing is a BIBLICAL ISSUE. Nothing to do with islam. Check your Bible for that.
- Mutilation of females has absolutely nothing to do with islam.

Turn off the HATE for a moment. Read the Qur'an. Come back.

No, I do NOT mean read "this website there from this guy who knows stuff about islam". I mean READ THE ACTUAL QUR'AN.

G'day to you Sir.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Your saying that the most peaceful people for a religion is islam? Wow... Christians caused what happened to 9/11.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join