It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the scariest video game you ever played?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by AshleyD

Do you remember the name of that one?

I can't know for sure, but I think these are the games she's talking about: Hotel 626. From that page you can get to the original game and the sequel. They were made as an advergame for Doritos, but I don't know how they were supposed to make you want to eat chips.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
gota good one... Manhunt 2 for the we mentalhospital escapee . bezting people whith pipes shivs machetes bats ect

but with 6he wii you litteraly have stab slice and swing after a while the insane amounts of headchoping make you feel weird! hearing ppl be tourtuerd is what made me turn it off for good-oh yeah and cuts to security cams of you killing your enimes:bash:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Getting overwhelmed in cCOD: WaW: NAZI zombies always gave me the creeps real bad, when like a hundred zombies are around about to kill you, lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

I liked manhunt and 2 however i got man hunt 2 on the wii and the control system ruined the game. But i really liked the the whole sneaking up behind people and killing them thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
F.E.A.R. 2 was really scary Resident Evil 4 and 5 scared me, but most the games i play are not scare. RE5 was fun and so was fear. RE5 was harder i think

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Pac Man the invisible levels- I won contests at the local arcade.

When you screw up at those levels, the first thing you see is blue teeth eating you. ;^]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Resident Evil 1 and most of the Silent Hill series did a number on me when they came out. Recently, and for some strange reason, Dead Space gets to me. I can't play for more than 5-10 minutes and I'm already on the edge of my seat and in fear. Not sure why, but it freaks me the hell out.:bash:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The first game I ever played that scared me was Rescue on Fractalus on my Atari 800, I guess I was about 7 or 8 when I was playing it, but watching this YouTube movie still sent a little shiver down my spine.
You had to land on a planet to rescue stranded astonauts, but sometimes the astronauts turned out to be aliens!
I will let the sheer spine chilling horror of the video speak for itself!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've yet to play it but this game looks terrorizing!

www.hellokittyonline.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I cant believe nobody mentioned Systemshock 2.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nobody mentioned Blood siren / forbidden siren yet?

THEY are the scariest games ever made in my opinion.

You play various characters of a small time period in a remote japanese village. The village (lo and behold) turns out to be cursed by a cult, and when the air raid siren starts sounding - the cursed inhabitants turn crazy - psychotically muttering to themselves, dragging blades across walls and occasionally laughing to themselves as they pursue you through streets , rooms, buildings and forests...

Most of the time you don't even have a weapon.

Later in the game one or two of the main characters develop a psychic ability to 'view' through they eyes of any nearby creatures (including the demented villagers) and you hear the thoughts and desires of the insane as they rummage around trying to search for you.

Best played in a very dark room. Alone.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Resident Evil 2 had some scares in it and I jumped quit a few times although as much as I love the series the subsequent games got less scary and more just shoot your way through. The first two Silent Hill games freaked me out pretty good though and I love them for it. There was a time during the first game when I had a certain portion of the school cleared out of monsters but I was missing something and couldn't progress any further. Well I was tired and wound up falling asleep while playing. I remember I would wake up for a few seconds as my character was wondering the halls aimlessly and fall back to sleep, wake up and fall asleep. I think I was dreaming of it too but I'm not sure. This went on for a while, at the time half asleep it felt like I was really in the game. Things like that almost never happen although I wish they would. When I'm into something I'm all in, I let it take over but I've never had anything feel like it was becoming real like that one night with Silent Hill and I'll always love that game for it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by bigern because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The original Silent Hill for Playstation.

For game in a long time I needed to have the lights on and a blanket lol

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The original Silent Hill for Playstation.

For game in a long time I needed to have the lights on and a blanket lol

~Keeper

THIS! it really scared me!! I was afraid of fog for a while. Those damn children ghosts!! agh!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
F.E.A.R 1, & Metro 2033. Metro 2033 was an amazing game!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
Dead Space gets to me. I can't play for more than 5-10 minutes and I'm already on the edge of my seat and in fear. Not sure why, but it freaks me the hell out.:bash:

My brother told me it's the scariest game he's played.

My Nephew wouldn't even finish it saying it was just too scary.

I haven't played it yet, but I will as soon as I can get it from my bro.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would say RE1/RE2, Parasite eve 1 and 2, silent hill..... I was a teenager playing these games at night and I even got the creeps sometimes.... Dead Space is one of my current favorites of the genre they kinda brought that old feel I used to get back in the day, and dead space 2 is right around the corner... check out the demo of it on youtube it's looking pretty good to me already....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I used to play a lot of horror games.And then i played "Call of Cthulhu:dark corners of the earth".There were times that i had to pause the game because my hands were too shaky to play and my heartbeat too high.After that game F.E.A.R. and Silent Hill were just a stroll in the park.

I recommend this game 100%,it's one of the best games i've ever played.Especially to the Lovecraft fans.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
For me it has to be DOOM3 on the original xbox. I could not play that game in the dark it gave me the creeps, don't think I've ever jumped out of my skin so much!
It instilled a morbid curiosity to turn the next corner and even though you were prepared to jump, you would turn the corner and everything will be fine, so you relax a bit, you head for the next room all calm then WHAM...... zombie in the face, but these weren't just any zombies, they had seen hell and that's where you were heading!

A game that actually took you to hell and scared the bejeezus out of on the way. It was the atmosphere it created, the surround sound effect of demons whispering to you from behind was awesome. Most of it was in the dark, lit only by your flashlight or the occasional interdimensional demonic symbol light show that came with built in screams that lasted one or two seconds. This game caught me off guard throughout. I was so glad when I finished it, I gave it to a friend to keep and it came with instructions to play it loud and in the dark and on his own. I didn't see him for a week but when we hooked up for a game of pool at the pub he expressed some serious concern for his now damaged psyche, he was unable to finish it because it disturbed him so much!

I dread to think what would happen if an old age pensioner decided to try out video gaming and chose this as their first game. It would surely be their last.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join