It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea warns of military response to ship sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

NKorea warns of military response to ship sinking

www.foxnews.com

There is no story yet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Update.. here is a story...

UNITED NATIONS -- North Korea is warning that its military forces will respond if the U.N. Security Council questions or condemns the country over the sinking of a South Korean navy ship - an act it vehemently denies. North Korea's U.N. Ambassador Sin Son Ho told a news conference Tuesday there is "a touch-and-go situation that war may break out at any time" because of South Korean accusations that the North torpedoed the ship and killed 46 sailors. Sin accused South Korea and the United States of cooking up the accusation against the North and demanded that a military investigation team from Pyongyang be permitted to go to the site of the sinking, which the South has refused to allow.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by drats]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well.. this is breaking and I could not find anything anywhere except for on foxnews on the top "breaking news" banner. Maybe North Korea's dying leader is suicidal and wants to play war with the world. I know that he is claiming that it was a false flag so in some sense that would not make much sense. This guy talks all kinds of crap to people so it is probably nothing. Good to keep an eye on though.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I would blow up the planet too

imagine you being a country haunted by everyone, then the US or something else create a false flag attack to # with you

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am sorry, but North Korea threatening military action isn't breaking news.

Sad to say, but it is 'status quo'.

Breaking news would be if they DIDNT threaten military action, now that would be weird!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
oh oh
i hope they don't go torpedoing any more deep water oil rigs
that would be bad.

Did North Korea Torpedo Oil Rig In US Gulf?
www.therightperspective.org...

maybe we could drop a couple of talkshow hosts on em?
that would fix em
dang

he aint the only nut case running around loose

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
North Korea threatens Military action so much, it has lost all meaning.
Like when I tell my wife I am sorry, for doing something stupid

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just saw this on FOX News, of course we should take anything N Korea says with a grain of salt, it's still interesting.

Let's just give them benefit of the doubt, If Kim is dying, we should expect something to happen sooner or later.

If the UN condems them, (which they will), I guess we'll see the continuation of the Korean War.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let's face it, somebody sneezes and North Korea threatens war

Same old story.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drats

I Still say it was a fasle flag, sigh when will u people very wake the hell up?

oh and ya reading news stories from fox are fake accurate, meaning theres a 20% it will happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good. Do it and call their bluff.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

I agree, call their bluff and we will all see that yet again NK is full of crap! Like a whining 8yr old kid, gets old and tired quickly. Boo NK!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When will NK realize that the more they thump their chests, the less the rest of the world will care? Christ, they're almost like that kid in the inclusion class who has tseretse syndrome. The first few times he belts out curse words you pay attention. After the 20th time its just white noise.

I thought the sinking of the Cheonan would be a precursor to war. Turns out it's just another excuse for NK's leadership to act like petulant brats.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
oh oh
i hope they don't go torpedoing any more deep water oil rigs
that would be bad.

Did North Korea Torpedo Oil Rig In US Gulf?
www.therightperspective.org...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Danbones]

Do North Korea have Submarines good enough to get across to the Gulf from North Korea and stealthy enough to sneak into the Gulf without being detected.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did do it, but COULD they?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

No they could not. Their Navy uses old Chinese and Russian diesel subs that, themselves wouldn't be able to come within 2,000 miles of our coast let alone the Gulf, to say nothing of the SOSUS sub nets they'd have to get through first...

There are more 007-esque scenarios that might work, but they're pretty out there.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No one takes those idiots seriously any more, their national infrastructure couldn't support anything more involved than a skirmish.

If they had any sense they would keep quiet, lest they annoy the grown ups in the area.

new topics

top topics

join