It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawks staring at me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Alot of times when i leave to go to town and come back home i will find that a hawk is sitting on a fence post or a telephone pole and they are looking at me while I am driving and when I get close they fly away. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm not freaked out but am wondering why this happens alot?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

You probably have implanted cockroach listening devices under your skin, the hawk can see them and wants to pick them out for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That would be pretty creepy!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have seen this often myself. The hawk you see is doing what it does the best, hunting for it`s food. They set on fence posts and light poles looking for small rodents that live in and around the ditches next to the roads. I have seen them catch mice like this many times. Sometimes, they will watch the cars go by before making a strike, and many times they will strike while the car is right there.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know its just hunting but this happens quite often and just wanted to see the feedback from ATS members.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Consider yourself lucky that you get to see them so often. The only time I ever see them is when they are circling in the air, high above. I would love to see one sitting on a fence!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The hawk thinks that you are staring at him, and that if he closed his eyes or looked away, that you would seize the opportunity to do something bad to him.

So you need to take a good look at yourself, perform a searching moral inventory and ask yourself "What am I doing wrong...What is it about me, that would cause this sweet hawk to feel that I am untrustworthy?"

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Birds of prey always make direct eye contact with whatever is fascinating in their line of sight. As a wildlife keeper believe me, it's very normal.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
you do know that bird's eyes are on the sides of their heads, right? so if his head is facing you, he's actually looking at either side of him, which makes sense because looking into the road makes no sense for food, but perched up looking at everything lateral to him in his field or whatever.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some say that certain birds like Hawks, Vultures and Owls know when someone is going to die, Ravens too.

They wait near you to await your death and then they feed on your very soul!

No but seriously, as they say "eyes of a hawk"
those eyes see more than we can see

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Not a big deal, but they actually use binocular vision (like us with two eyes), to focus on prey or whatever loud person walks their way. They are able to pick up movements from the far sides though as you say, but it's not what they do to focus on an object or scan a field.

Edit: They're not fish lol, raptors have some of the greatest evolutionary traits, eyesight being one of them with up to 3 times more clarity than humans. ^_^

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Sikmike620]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback. I'm probably just trying to connect dots that aren't there.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Do you wear a rabbits foot around your neck?
Have you refilled the bird feeder lately?
Does your cowboy hat have a feather in it?
Did you root against the Atlanta Hawks with a window open?
Did YOU start it?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620
reply to post by shagreen heart

Not a big deal, but they actually use binocular vision (like us with two eyes), to focus on prey or whatever loud person walks their way. They are able to pick up movements from the far sides though as you say, but it's not what they do to focus on an object or scan a field.

Edit: They're not fish lol, raptors have some of the greatest evolutionary traits, eyesight being one of them with up to 3 times more clarity than humans. ^_^

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Sikmike620]

oh dang. wrong is wrong.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
I have seen this often myself. The hawk you see is doing what it does the best, hunting for it`s food. They set on fence posts and light poles looking for small rodents that live in and around the ditches next to the roads. I have seen them catch mice like this many times. Sometimes, they will watch the cars go by before making a strike, and many times they will strike while the car is right there.

You are right. I live in the country and we are lucky enough to have birds of prey still about. Most open fields are well maintained and the bushier parts are close to the road or fence line. This a safer area for small animals to hide and travel. Often times the sounds and the vibrations of a car passing nearby is enough to startle the creature out of his hiding space making easier prey for the predator.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Kinda curious if you think it is a sign or something?

The first thing I thought about was animal totems. Native American cultures believe the hawk represents a messenger and observer.

Maybe the hawk lives near by and you just happen to see him often?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JRho900

I know it is kind of ridiculous to think of it as a sign but it has happened alot and i live in Iowa close to Omaha and the habitat is pretty good for hawks as there are lots of prey around for them and i have seen many hawks around. Well i guess i answered my own question but i just needed some help and others opinions so thank you all.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It is curiosity on the birds part. I had the same experience with an owl. It was like we were having a staring contest.

Birds are intelligent creatures - i was looking at something out of a window once and the pigeon on the window ledge actually turned around to look at what i was looking at!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
One time this parrot was staring at me...and then it came over and whispered,
"...I know what you did last summer..."

[edit on 15-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

hy

They're controlling your to prepare you for inhabitation. Typically, a neighbor's pet is in on it too. You see, they won't turn on their own master, but often work with animal friends who wish to inhabit a body. Normally, they work in collusion with a demon spirit, one that you can't see but they can, who is waiting to possess your body as soon as you fall into a particularly deep sleep one night. Often, this demon spirit is occupying the space near you when you sleep, following you when you're awake, and interfering with your personal relationships. Sometimes they cast a faint shadow. Have you noticed if your girlfriend or wife seems agitated with you lately? They typically work on you for about 77 days, then make the change sometime after that. The best thing you can do is to cover yourself in motor oil at night. This makes it difficult for them to tune into your mind. Something in the petroleum . They say it's the remains of so many old life forms that they get confused and can't lock in to enter. But you'll have to do this the rest of your life. Also, try to get a tatoo of the Hawk. This often scares them, because they fear you're on to them. It is also recommende you add salt peter to your diet. Good Luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join