It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Part Auction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I came across this article, and found it kinda creepy. The US Fish and Wildlife Service is going to auction off a variety of wild animal parts to raise money.

Would you pay money to have any of these parts in your home?

www.usatoday.com... rce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomOffbeat-TopStories+%28News+-+Offbeat+-+Top+Stories%29

Several states and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are hoping to cash in on the trend by holding wild animal parts auctions.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
that is sick indeed.

so the same people who got their stuff impounded can buy it back now, creating a new demand and supply .

They sure know how to keep themselves at work at the government while the world is loosing jobs.

It's like the DEA would be selling drugs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fb5ceb2acde.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I doubt most buyers would be the ones who originally had similar items their selves illegally. The parts are just sitting around gathering dust, there are good uses for them.

This wouldn't just simply be Joe Schmo shopping around for a fireplace mantle, many wildlife educational centers use skulls and other parts for display and interactive learning.

Even when they do go into the hands of non educational programs, at least the owner now has a license for it, that probably encourages proper distribution not the contrary.

Above all, more money by any means for the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service the better in my opinion. There are some government agencies that actually do good but are underfunded believe it or not, this I support.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If the money helps the Fish and Wildlife service then I say fine. I would like to have a cougar skull actually, I collect skulls (found, never bought).
What do you want them to do with this stuff if you disagree, burn it all? That would truly be a waste.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Uhhhm....maybe I am a bit dense or maybe it's the difference in continent but why would anybody want to own part of an animal?

I bought a dog a few years ago and I distinctly remember the clerk not asking if I wanted the whole dog or just the legs......

What's up with that?

.........never mind, the linked page just finished loading. Antlers!!!

My bad..

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Hahaaaaaaaa, LOL. I'm sure that they are re-introduced to the street at some time for somebody's benefit!

Yeah, I agree, what the government won't do to make some cash at times!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620

Above all, more money by any means for the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service the better in my opinion. There are some government agencies that actually do good but are underfunded believe it or not, this I support.

But they get money by way of fishing licenses, deer hunting, etc..........don't they?

My husband just had to pay $100.00 for an out of state fishing license in Mississippi, because technically we live in Louisiana, where a llicense would be $38.00 dollars!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

.........never mind, the linked page just finished loading. Antlers!!!

My bad..

Peace

I once ran over a 10 point buck on Midlothian Road, in Lake Zurich, Il on my way home from work. The suckers antlers ripped the catalytic converter off the bottom of my car. I could not stop, the deer was already laying in the road, in a 2 lane highway. Somebody in front of me, hit it first. I had to go over it, or risk turning into heavy traffic on the other side, or hit a tree, going to the right.

The guy behind me ran it over too, and we both got out of our cars, and dragged the deer off the road. My prize? The 10 point rack that came off the deer.

When I got home, my boyfriend, who was leaving that evening to hunt in Wisconsin, was pissed, when I presented him with the 10 point rack!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
...well, jeez, its not like they're selling a hind quarter...

...the house of one of my great grandfathers was literally covered in left-overs... antlers make good coat / hat racks... bones and hooves make bird feeders, flutes, wind chimes, carved figurines... he used deer hide and cypress to make chairs... waste not, want not...

...i've known several people whose father never left home without garbage bags, a little shovel and an icechest in case he ran up on saveable roadkill...

...at the petro just outside of chicago, when you enter the travel center, theres a massive kodiak standing on his hind legs, mouth wide open, claws ready to reach out and slap you into your next life... first time i encountered that sucker, i'd been driving all night and, well, its a good thang the toilets were close by, lmao... i wonder if thats still there... would be a good place to set up a video camera...

new topics

top topics

join