It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Not A Military World and a Civilian World - Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What a very strange thing for a US President to say.

In his speech at the Pensacola Naval Base this morning, Obama said "we're not a military world and a civilian world, we're all Americans".

This struck me as a very strange thing for a President of The United States to say.

I thought the constitution specifically seperated the military from civilians in the USA?

I may be wrong here - it just struck me as a very strange thing to hear, especially given the rumors of planned Martial Law in the Gulf area.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Guess he's never been to Nofolk, VA. I grew up in a Navy town and during my enlistment I got a very strong vibe from the locals that they did believe there was a military and a civilian world. Although we could often understand their their point of view, they seldom understood ours. The military is not just another job. It truley is a different world.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree with darkelf. I live at the backdoor of Camp Pendleton in So CA and you do feel as if you cross an unknown border going there. We love the Marines though. My nephew is one of them and we take any opportunity to welcome them as family.

Speculation... There have been some Posts around about how the military is really pissed at Obama. He has a tendency to tell them how great they are when he is giving a speech in front of them then stab them in the back when he is talking to his progressive buddies.

Read this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Military Coup Against Obama?

First blog I have seen discussing this. I have been saying for a long time this may be the only way to stop the destroyer in chief. Doesn't need to be violent nor does a drop of blood need to be spilled. Trials and subsequent exile to Cuba, Indonesia, or NK will be good enough for me at this point.

Another Discussion:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Military Disgust of President Obama

I have something to say that is driving me crazy! I work on a Navy Base and am very close to some of the retired and active duty (Chiefs E7-E9) members. I constantly hear most of them call our new president names and talk in a degrading manner about him.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lmfao.. The guy is a comedian.. Dont know about nowdays but way back in the 60s was a big difference between the two.. Cant see that having changed.. Then again I left the states for good back in the 80s so dont know what (or if) they think there ..

new topics

top topics

join