It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS commercial: "Are You Prepared" o.O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I just saw a commercial ive never seen on my TV before. It was a DHS/county commercial asking me "are you prepared" in case of an ememrgency you should have these things to keep you and your family safe and then showed pictures of a a small list of things to have "in case of an emergency" ...

i live in upstate NY.. in a aprticular town that hasnt seen a disaster in its existance. hell we havent even had a thunderstorm this year... never seen this commercial before... wonder if they know something i dont.. or maybe i do hence why im posting it here cause i have my hunches given all the crazy # thats going down in or involving the US right now... anyone else with similar experiences or answers about this?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Isn't the obvious answer the oil that is expected to flow up the eastern coast?

Then a hurricane or tropical storm hits and spreads toxic goo inland a hundred miles or so.

What happens when the rain/surge drys and the sludge is left?

Does outgassing begin?
Do fires begin?
Do people and animals become sick due to outgassing or even the spreading of dispersants?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

A major part of the conspiracy community are survivalists. And yet we assign conspiracy to a commercial that gives common sense advice about being prepared.

Do they know something? Yes they do, they know that the unforseeable can happen at anytime and people are more likely to survive if they are prepared.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What channel? I live in upstate ny too. I'll keep an eye out for it. And your right, here nothing happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Imma packin' my bob for a nice little trip
away from the oil and the mighty mississip.
Imma headin' for the hills leavin' my home
far away.I'll be lookin' for ya there and then
we all shall say...
The oil is a commin',it's headin' your way.Ya
better get a goin' and it better be today.Gotta
take a little bacon and take a little bean.Gettin'
away from the oil an the chemical sheen.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
@OP

The list of things that commercial recommended to have... do they shed any light on what they expect to come?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I heard it on the radio Saturday night in Northern California while listening to C2C.
....struck me as a little odd too.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
www.ready.gov...

"Prepare, Plan, Stay Informed"

Guys/gals check out their website.

I will also find some videos to post here so everyone can see what the OP is talking about.

I know the OP said DHS, but Ready.gov is directly related.

FEMA runs Ready.gov.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is this common in america? I know of another similair thing... the whole "what to do in the event of a nuclear disaster" campaign during the cold war...

if this isn't common in america then the question arises: what are they expecting?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This commercials been out for at least a year. In fact, it still runs on tv. It's one you never notice, until you take a look at it. I originally thought it was an insurance commercial. Then to find out it's our own government. Just what are they trying to get us ready for. What are they not telling us?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There have been quite a few natural disasters. Maybe they are saying be prepared for flash floods and things like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think part of the preparedness is that the government wants us to be better able to take care of ourselves......however most of the tragedies we have are weather related and come very unexpectedly, and wipe out whatever stock piles you have in your home. Think about what if a flood occurred...we've seen the bad flooding pictures...you have to leave with your shirt on your back....same thing with tornados or earthquakes....so yes it does make you wonder what they think is going to happen that we will be stuck in our homes for days or weeks...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think part of the preparedness is that the government wants us to be better able to take care of ourselves......however most of the tragedies we have are weather related and come very unexpectedly, and wipe out whatever stock piles you have in your home. Think about what if a flood occurred...we've seen the bad flooding pictures...you have to leave with your shirt on your back....same thing with tornados or earthquakes....so yes it does make you wonder what they think is going to happen that we will be stuck in our homes for days or weeks...

top topics

join