It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama set to outline oil plans in first Oval Office speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Obama set to outline oil plans in first Oval Office speech

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- President Obama will use his first Oval Office speech Tuesday night to lay out a game plan for dealing with the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, a White House spokesman said.

"First and foremost, how do we contain the leaking oil and restore the Gulf and clean up the beaches," said Robert Gibbs. "Secondly, what do we do to make the people of the Gulf whole again through an economic claim process that processes claims quickly, efficiently and transparently.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sooo...Are almost all of the doomsday scenarios false? I note that Obama did not mention Evacuations...nor did he seem scared in any way.
Is Obama just a puppet, lying to the American people? Could this be what he was "told" to say by The Powers That Be? Unlikely.
I think either there is nothing to worry about or BP is keeping hush hush about problems they may be having.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In America we are living a time in history that show the increased resentment of the population against government.

The president is losing his victory grounds and that is no good news for the next mid term elections and the Democratic hold in congress.

You do not see the Republic rats talking much lately, because the biggest campaign been wagged against the Democrap is the big oil spill and the economy.

He is doing his speech in the oval office like when presidents are to declare war or do some very drastic measures in the nation as the oval offices represent the power in the nation.

Once strong symbol of government power and rule is now nothing but a joke behind the politicians that had taken over our nation.

I will love to hear what he have to say.

But I am afraid is nothing but more crap to be fed to the expecting and also angry population.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I think the spin they're putting out is that the crisis is under control and there's no doomsday scenario.

As members have said on other threads, the White House doesn't want any panic.

Photo ops and eating seafood are not the kind of leadership we need at this time.

The full bearing of NASA engineering, the resources of the U.S. Navy (including robotic submersibles) and any other U.S. resources necessary should have been applied already with BP relegated to a supportive role.

As it is now, with BP in charge, you have the criminals controlling the crime scene. This is wrong.

A month from now, two months from now, will Obama still be making these photo op trips to the gulf and grin eating seafood that is "safe"? I doubt it and if so, that approach is only going to anger people further.

It is past time for taking command away from BP.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

This should be a speech that is worth watching.

He's a day late, and a dollar short of giving it, though. It's almost been 2 months, since the rig exploded, so to finally now, speak about it, is, inexcusable.

I thought it was interesting that he wants BP to set up an escrow account. Can you imagine how much money will have to go in that? It's probably going to be larger than what some countries annual budgets are! It makes me wonder how BP has been paying bills to date?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

President Obama will use his first Oval Office speech Tuesday night to lay out a game plan for dealing with the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico

What took him so long. People were upset with Bush because he took a FEW days to intervene in the Katrina disaster, and they were CORRECT to be upset. The only reason Obama is speaking now, after 57 days, is that his poll numbers are going down into the toilet. Quite honestly, Obama is CLUELESS about the oil spill, the Middle East crises(Iran, Israel, Gaza,etc.), creating jobs(he hasn't), Afghanistan, the war on terror(of course, he doesn't even want to admit there is terrorism), and just about all the other crises in the world today. Almost TWO years since he was elected, and he still blames Bush for everything that happens. WHEN will he take RESPONSIBILITY for HIS OWN actions, or lack thereof?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm in the UK, anyone know what time it will be on GMT and what channel on SKY....

aah, it's ok, got it.....00:00 GMT

[edit on 15/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

new topics

top topics

join