It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US state Dept. want its own "combat force"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
news.antiwar.com...

the US State Department is looking to get into the war fighting business in its own right, saying it needs its own combat force to meet the “extreme security challenges in Iraq.”

Not only is the State Department looking for a combat force, they insist they need to “duplicate the capabilities of the US military,” seeking to acquire 24 Black Hawk helicopters, and a number of other combat vehicles.

The State Department says the creation of the new force is necessary for a “smooth transition,” but it leaves open the question: transition from what to what?

For over seven years now, the US Defense Department has dominated Iraq, and with its time presumably coming to an end, will Iraqis simply stand by and watch as the US State Department takes its place?

what the hell... the amount of guns the US can call on is already staggering... does any other countries dipomatic corps have an armed wing?? thats ridicoulus.. wtf r they doin ?? i suppose they figure if they invested billions and billions of dolars into Iraq then they have to stay.. same with afghanistan too i suppose.. the evil empire strikes again..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
if america never went out of context with its armies this would be the true purpose for what is now known as the army; a force for the diplomacy of america.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Isn't this what Hitler did, create his own personal army for security? He distrusted his own armed forces.

www.larouchepub.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AltraVision

oooo good one, thats creepy... didnt see it that way. yes he did.. SS.

then again i suppose thats what the secret service is for (oddly enough also the SS)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
think of what would happen if they didn't do this.

their department would be killed pretty quick,

remove army then replace with army... scrub out army that lets call it something else who will know hehe

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Before the Iraq war it was the duty of the Marine Corps to protect US embassies and State Dept. personell. After that, Blackwater USA (now XE) made a bundle hiring them their rent-a-goons for quite a handsome profit.
This could be a cost-cutting move (I doubt it) and probably more about loyalty to whomever signs their paychecks.
The state department can't trust the US Marines because after all; they're US citizens.
I hear you can get a dozen Chilean commandos for the cost of the one US soldier.
AH, the benefits of globalization!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Theyre making gunboat diplomacy literal now.. Just what the world needs more psycopaths with guns running around..

new topics

top topics

join