It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell expose'. The real reason the oil still flows into the Gulf of Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Deepwater Horizon: What really happened and the real risks

Horizon was drilling in an area know for large deposits of methane hydrates. There is actually a methane hydrate research station less than 20 miles away in the same canyon. Many oil companies and experts prefer to avoid drilling in areas with known deposits of methane hydrate because of the multiple dangers involved. BP not only took those risks but used many time and money saving shortcuts that were in violation of safety regulations.

These deposits are only stable in a limited range of pressure and temperature. It has previously been released on the news that methane hydrate was responsible for the explosion Deepwater Horizon. When the narrow range of stability disappears the methane hydrate changes to a gaseous state and expands to 160 times its former volume very rapidly. This explains the explosion of the rig and the continuing leak of gas and oil at very high pressure from the ongoing conversion of the methane hydrate. This also gives the water a reddish tinge and may do the same in the atmosphere when released in large quantities.

The force from this expansion very likely has blown out multiple locations some of which must be leaking at a much greater rate than the video being provided to the public. The amount of gas leaking is on the order of thousands of times greater than the oil being released.

Some immediate risks are a slope slide or a collapse of the sea floor which can result in tsunamis.

Much of the oil risk is well documented from other spills. What is different about this one is the extensive use of the dispersant Corexit. What this does is break the oil up into smaller particles and allows much of the oil to remain submersed far deeper than has ever occurred with other spills. The smaller particles create a larger surface area allowing for faster contamination of the environment. Also the depth at which the oil can linger in will kill an area of marine life that would not have happened without it’s use. On top of that Corexit is oil and water soluble so toxic rain will be falling killing life and poisoning crops and water supplies.

The methane hydrate is a greater problem. Release of it in large amounts has led to an extinction events on earth several times in the past. In the Permian Extinction it is credited with killing off 96% of all marine species. The breakdown of methane hydrate, (and oil in the ocean), uses large amounts of oxygen both in the water and the atmosphere. This will create dead zones in the water and in sufficient quantities on land also. High concentrations (5% and above) can also ignite on land creating firestorms.

Methane hydrate released into the atmosphere contributes to global warming 62 times more effectively than carbon dioxide for 20 years. For many decades beyond that it is still 21 times more effective than carbon dioxide. The global warming releases more methane hydrate so the cycle snowballs and is unstoppable.

Not enough is known about methane hydrate yet to determine how interconnected deposits may be or the volume that may be released in the gulf. Starting a large scale release like this is like starting an avalanche at the top of a mountain with all life on earth waiting at the base and seeing if it stops before reaching them.

Sealing this should be the number one goal on the entire planet. It looks to be quite difficult and possibly may take a nuclear bomb. The risks with the failure of such an attempt could lead to a greatly accelerated release of methane hydrate allowing for the dead zones and firestorm possibilities mentioned above. Also possible would be tsunamis on a scale not scene before.

We do not know how long this oil/gas release will continue or the volume of each with any certainty but the fact the above scenarios are even possible should greatly concern everyone.

Methane hydrate references
www.sott.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

climateprogress.org...

Corexit
______beforeitsnews/news/77/214/Why_Is_BP_Using_Highly_Toxic_Corexit_Oil_Dispersant.html

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't buy it Waste a trillion to make a billion just does not work for me.
But it will be a sweet diversion as we look into this.
something smells....fishy.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Question for Brad Jones who posted this:

There is a drill two days from now simulating a chemical explosion in the Bensenville area at the Nalco Co. plant at 6233 W. 66th St. in Chicago.

Where did you find this info? Or was it told to you? If you want to remain confidential I understand.

I'm curious as to why this area is being referred to as "Bensenville". The correct area of Chicago would be "Beford Park". And - they're on opposite sides of the city. The address, in Bedford Park, is on the south side, Bensenville is on the NW side.

Nalco has no facilities (that I saw on their website) in or near Bensenville. The address here also matches a S. side address.

I'd write this off as simple mis wording - however - Bensenville is where O'Hare airport is.

So, would that have any significance then? I could see them shipping stuff from there, maybe, however - their Bedford Park locale is by Midway airport so....

If you could clear up why you worded your post the way you did, that would be great.

I will try to see if I can find any fire dept or etc. info on any upcoming HAZMAT drills.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
this is crazy how did you find all this out? u must have done a lot of research

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

WELL DROPKICK ME JESUS THROUGH THE GOALPOST OF LIFE! Yes they are spraying us, Their called Chemtrails .Chemtrails=depopulation, not just the US, the UK as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Whether this was deliberate or just allowed to continue, it is all about passing cap & trade. BP and all of obamas buddies stand to make a fortune off it, carbon trading profits for BP will probably pay for the spill in a year or so.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Youve forgotten one piece.........there are those in washington that own HUGE shares in oil companies in south america.......

If we were to stop drilling deep water rigs here, perhaps if there was a disaster and we werent allowed to do it anymore, they would ship ALL of these deep water rigs we have down to South America, where there is A HUGE reserve down there in the deep water areas, that as of right now they dont have the means to tap......so the people who have stake in THOSE companies, would stand to make a WINDFALL of profits.......

Oh..........did i mention that one of the gentlemen who owns such a huge stake in Brazilian oil??? GEORGE SOROS!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The citizens are too busy running after the dollar and the big sharks are too !

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Here is a source for the info you requested per Nalco Terror Drill during the operations this week:
www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

From the article:
""On Thursday there will be another takedown situation in the Bensenville area and a simulated chemical explosion at the Nalco Co. plant at 6233 W. 66th St. in Chicago. "

Double check the address given and one can see it is the same Nalco as the company that produced Corexit.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Ionized]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Whole Thing Is Crazy .. The Point Is How To Resolve It??
There is always an Excuse for Ignorance
There is always an Excuse for Greed
There is always an Excuse for Denial
There is always an Excuse for Coruption
There is always an Excuse for Failure
There is always an Excuse for Blame
There is always an Excuse for Destruction
Can we stop all the excuses and face reality ... This is an act of extreme negligence..

[edit on 15-6-2010 by NorthStargal52]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

I haven't seen any CHEM TRAILS around here. Where are you from? Are they spraying your state. They are not spraying my state, mn. Are people getting sick over there where you are from? Are you sick?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the various ways how people are making money, and like many things in our country...there is not money in a solution, only in a way to mask the symptoms.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You are right is some aspec of this...
The web is spun in all directions..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thank you! Ionized!

I see what went wrong here - the word AND was left out of Brad Jones' quote.

From Ionized's link, Chicago Breaking News ~

On Thursday there will be another takedown situation in the Bensenville area and a simulated chemical explosion at the Nalco Co. plant at 6233 W. 66th St. in Chicago.

These are two separate plans for 2 separate areas.

Thanks for the link also as it seems there are quite a lot of exercises planned for a numerous spots in Chicago.

?

Now I'm feeling a bit creepy. Will go read your link in detail about these numerous plans.

One thing that strikes me as weird though - is (I live in Chi btw) - these types of things are rarely *announced* and I hear about stuff from people I know, people I work with, where my exH works - they (fire dept) conducts HAZMAT drills often and its a ho hum run of the mill deal.

Publicizing these things, and they seem to have some connection or sub purpose like 'terrorism' or 'bad accident' - I don't know, it seems rather odd to me.

In fact - I did not bother to look at any news sites - because you rarely see this reported ahead of time and if so - it's just for a one off deal and it gets just a blip of news.

Well, Hmmmm. Thanks again for the link

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

There is a lot of information here on ats, also on you tube. Great pics too. lm in the UK, its bad over here nearly every day, there are a lot states being sprayed too. its scarey, cos you know you cant do a thing to stop it. This gom spill is so bad, l really hope they stop it soon.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't really buy the "use the overstock of Corexit" theory. If it was THAT important to get rid of it, they could just dump it into gasoline, like they do with SO MANY toxic chemicals, AND make $$ that way.
Buuut- with SO much toxic brew in the Gulf NOW, when the first big storm or hurricane hits- I REALLY wouldn't want to be in ANY of the coastal states. Between the lighter than air, volatile components, and the heavier than air, oxygen displacing components, this looks like a really bad disaster- like, something "biblical".
But then again- the messiah, Obamao, has PROMISED to make the Gulf EVEN BETTER than it was- God's BLESS his HOLY POWERS!!! All of you NON-BELIEVERS- I bet you feel REALLY stupid, now. Unless, of course, you actually live down there. (DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
OMG!!! I just had a TRULY distressing thought! ALL of this, may be MY FAULT!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
YOU Moronic BP executives, my "Nuke the Gay Baby Whales" bumber sticker, WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SARCASRTIC!!!!!!!!!!
"Damn You! Damn you to HELL! You've FINALLY DONE IT!!!"- Charlten Heston, "Planet of the Apes"

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There is more to the seepage also. This is from 2006!

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

It has been going on for many years, this is nothing new.

This may be a ploy to encourage the nuke option. Hell , I don't know, but seepage is normal in the gulf!

Guz

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

Guzzeppi,

Seepage is to this as:

an ant is to a Great White shark.
as roller skates are to a ferrari.
as a summer breeze is to a hurricane.

But if you were trying to be optimistic and cheer us up....it was a nice gesture.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

Watch the OBAMA speach again, HE MESSED UP. CATCH WHAT HE SAYS. He said that, " when the oil reaches louisiana beaches." EXCUSE ME, THIS MUST BE AN OLD VIDEO. The oil has been on the beaches for some time. SOMEONE ON HERE, should make a story about that video. OBAMA SPEECH.

While i fail to see what this has to do with the thread AT ALL, I will say you seem ot be nitpicking something trivial for what I suspect are very petty, partisan reasons.

ON TOPIC- I'm still believing jeferybinladens explanation It's the most logical, researched, and non-fanatical:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join