It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Hires Mercs to Block Oily Beaches

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by crimson tears shini

Well the president just came in the news to tell people to keep supporting our public beaches while giving a speech in Pensacola.

So who we should believe, BP mercenaries for hired in the gulf or the president of the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by crimson tears shini
ok 1st if bp is a foreign company who owns it? seen as how America has 39% of its shares and england 40%

What do you mean America has 39% of BP's shares? Are you saying the US Government holds 39% of BP shares? Because US investors can own as many shares as they want and it doesn't make BP a US company. It's a company of whatever country it's incorporated in - the UK I assume.

bp as far as i know is mainly based in america now days not much oil in england and you can get away with allot more in america
also its a multi national company no country in particular owns it or governs it more than any other.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If you listen closely to the responses from the "security people" they are trying to BLUFF people into staying off the beaches. They have no legal right to keep you off but by acting like they do most people just assume they have the authority and leave.
They can also TRY very hard to keep you from talking to BP employees but again have no LEGAL right to do so. However, those working for BP don't want to lose the ONLY paycheck they can get so they're not gonna talk.

Bluff and bluster but no real authority.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
as far as i can tell neither bp or the president or the us for that matter are very trust worthy but i'm not a very trusting guy XD

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crimson tears shini

Actually BP is base in the UK as is a UK company second is the 4 biggest oil drilling company in the world, third the Gulf venture is just one of the many BP have around the world and is not the most profitable.

BP if to fall bankruptcy will only fall in its Gulf drilling side of the company and will not affect any of the other ventures it has around the world.

BTW they also hold rights in Alaska oil drilling and is bigger than the gulf

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
well then thank you for correcting me on that

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.talonprivatesecurity.com...

I like there opening page on there website.

"Our goal is provide our community quality and professionalism in private security equal to any offered worldwide.'

Is it me or should that read "our goal is to provide"

So much for quality and professionalism.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Actually with all the "services they offer" they should be very vested in the laws of the US and state level.

But then again, in America most people doesn't even know the rights they have under the law.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The jurisdiction is local, state, and federal law enforcement in that order.

The hired mercenaries would have to be approved and sanctioned by local, state, and federal law enforcement.

Allowing the criminals to control the crime scene as they are doing with allowing BP to have these gun toting mercenaries is shameful.

I call for the state governors of all the gulf states to prohibit these goons.

Freedom of the press... does it mean anything anymore or is that part of the constitution now trashed?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by switching yard]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
well we do have to hire equally so they have to go somewhere?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm surprised they keep people off the beaches. As always, I can only compare with my country, which is smaller, but even so - if this were Sweden, and we did have an oil leak here a couple of years ago, then we wouldn't REJECT people that were willing to help - we would take all the help we could get. In fact, I seem to recall even the Army was out and helping to clean up previously mentioned oil spill.

It seems to me more and more, that BP isn't too tightly wrapped.

And as for Talon, to me their employees demonstrate a level of ineptitude and lack of professionalism here, that borders on the imbecillic. Not only are they bluffing, or outright lying, but they also harrass the very workers they claim to be there to protect - "You don't have to answer any of this man's questions, hint hint" - to keep them quiet. Add to that the fact they did it on camera, and the picture is completed.

It seems to me that in regard to every security company that claims to be professional, ethical and discrete, you can bet your sweet behind they are the complete opposite.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by JIMC5499

Actually that is the role of the state and local government to enforce any baning by the state on local beaches.

Now, I will like to see where is the notice that local beaches are been banned from public access as per state ordinance. . .

How long do you think those guards would remain in place, if they didn't have the approval of the local governments? A state of emergency has been declared in the areas affected by the oil spill, that gives the local governments the right to restrict access to public lands. How they go about it is up to them.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by JIMC5499]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How can one small thread have so much ignorance in it.

Stop feeling like a victim and start feeling like a responsible person.

I am glad BP is spending their money on security. Our state and local authorities are already stretched to the limit with normal everyday crime.

Do you think people should be allowed to enter an area of the beach that may cause physical problems? I've seen people do very foolish things in the name of curiosity.

There is also the liability if a person gets hurt and there are some people that live to sue others.

We have an unprecedented disaster in the gulf. Treat it as such and stay away from problem areas and let the people take care of business.

There does not need to be any laws on the state or federal books to allow whatever is necessary to clean up this mess.

This is strictly a play by ear deal as the conditions are constantly changing.

Unless you have a solution then you are not needed on site.

There are still plenty of nice beaches to play on. Go there and stop gaulking and getting in the way.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Exactly, I guess the only worry for the BP is the media coverage that will go "unfiltered, edited and the local people that will be taking pictures and posting them on youtube

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Talon, the way they are intimidating people in the video clip, is like the Nazi youth brown shirts that went around threatening people.

When will U.S. law enforcement step in and remove Talon from these beaches?

Not soon enough, in my opinion. If this continues as is, there may be an incident.

I hope thousands of media reporters converge on the scene and walk right past these goons. We need any reporters who can get down there to confront these (expletive deleted).

Personally, I would be very happy if Spike Lee and Michael Moore would get down there with film crews and show these goons who's boss --- the American people with constitutional rights are boss!

In my opinion, every person employed by BP should only be allowed to participate in this crisis in a supportive role, NOT a command role.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.talonprivatesecurity.com...

I like there opening page on there website.

"Our goal is provide our community quality and professionalism in private security equal to any offered worldwide.'

Is it me or should that read "our goal is to provide"

So much for quality and professionalism.

Well thats bloody scary IMO-"provide our community quality and professionalism in private security equal to any offered worldwide."

Like where-Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Nigeria?

Ask the folks who have seen family members gunned down by private security contractors in these far off lands if they are happy with their "quality and professionalism."

BP are concerned about their profits and image.
NOT the local community.
I am a Brit,and I think BP have always sucked.
But the UK government has offered assistance,so they at least attempted to help-but for some reason this offer was turned down by the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Talon Security?

A guy in washington DC, who is a scientologist, claimed to work for Talon Security as a PI
His name is Thierry Duchanac and is mentioned in an off site thread HERE by Tory Christman an ex-scientologist who has been working for years to expose the scam.

Talon needs some sleuthing... I don't know if Talon is a scientologist controlled outfit or not, but I would not be surprised if that turned out to be true.

Pictured above,DSA PR DC Sylvia Stanard on the left and OSA DC Staffer and occassional Talon Security PI Thierry Duchanac who is suspected of being the one who stealing copies of NOTs for OTs from Sweden's Parliament...that Zenon Parnousis had introduced into a court file and later papered the actual physical bridge between the supreme court and the parliament with same... (LOL).

Is BP hiring scientologists?

This is NOT a good PR move for BP...

BP hires $cientology scumballs for private security?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by seataka]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I like going by the facts here are some facts
though we may not know exactly what is going on here
the provable is wrer you have to start
watch the video at the end for two seconds

BP has a fedealally mandated liability cap OF 75 MILLION dollars
which even senators don't beleive BP will even honor
so the liability issue is a none starter.

"WASHINGTON - As an Obama administration official acknowledged lax regulation prior to the Gulf oil spill, Senate Democrats on Tuesday were foiled in their bid to dramatically lift a cap on oil companies' economic liability for spills.

President Barack Obama said he was disappointed that the proposal had stalled in the U.S. Senate, and blasted Republicans he said had stopped it.

"I am disappointed that an effort to ensure that oil companies pay fully for disasters they cause has stalled in the United States Senate on a partisan basis," Obama said in a statement."
www.msnbc.msn.com...
...........................................................................................................
FEMA’s National Level Exercise 2009 Utilizing Foreign Troops On American Soil Starts Today
www.just-a-regular-guy.com...

"Just in case you are wondering what’s up all with those funky blacked out helicopters flying at treetop level over your house, camouflaged Humvees driving around your neighborhood and military troops stopping your wife in her minivan while she is on her way home from soccer practice, relax folks, it’s just the annual FEMA National Level Exercise (NLE 09) going down over the next five days.

Never mind that we’ll have foreign troops from Australia, England, Canada and Mexico on American soil training on how to take over and shut down our towns and cities…they’re just practicing for when all hell breaks loose in their own countries…*wink wink*… as we all know they would never be deployed against the American people in the event we have some kind of Constitutional crisis that causes all hell to break loose here in the U.S.

Make no mistake FEMA primary purpose is not to hand out water bottles, food and tents to people who’s home has wound up ten feet under water like most people think. "

www.youtube.com...

watch the 6 big Bubbas take this lil ol'ladies gun away during Kartrina
so she can't protect here home which was high and dry.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

And now to add more salt to the injury BP just hired three investment banks including the infamous Goldman Sach to deal with the spill, this means that investment banks in this nation are not shy of funneling money to congress whores for their voting favors now BP can buy some politicians to get their way

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Hmmnnn. Moron decides to go to oil soaked beach. Moron stubs toe or gets stung by jellyfish while on beach. Moron sues BP for possible future cancer risk because of exposure to oil.

There are numerous threads on ATS about rescue workers who inhaled the dust at the WTC site, supposedly having health problems and filing lawsuits. Now BP who is responsible for the oil spill takes the precaution of keeping people away from the contamination and you people are whining about it.

You know as well as I do, that there are some people who would go on to a contaminated beach of their own free will and their next stop would be at some ambulance chaser's office to file a lawsuit against BP. Kind of like the video of the New York City bus that was in an accident and ten people jumped on the bus after the accident and claimed injury.

By the way, since when is an armed security guard a mercenary? Nothing like BS sensationalism by the media.

Wow Jim,

I think you completely missed the point of this video. It's not about the public per say. It's about the reporters (media) not being allowed to video the damage and interview the people involved with the clean up.

Of course those people are going to say no they don't want to be interviewed. They would be out of work if they even tried.

Granted, I agree that they need to take responsibility. Granted, they are going to deal with hundreds of thousands of lawsuits over this.

Granted, it is still SUPPOSED to be a free country and if I wanted to go down to try and help clean up MY beaches I should be allowed to take that risk. If I get sick because of it then I deal with the health issues and YES BP deals with the bills. They f'd up big time on this one. Period. But they DO NOT have the right to keep Americans from American beaches.

Period.

Let the president create some status of emergency where all people are prohibited from going down there to help. But that won't include the media. The people have the rights to see what is taking place and just how f'ing bad this mess really is. I'm sick of BP lying about how bad it is. Now that the actual estimates of the amount of oil being released is triple what BP promised it was at it's max, well, they have NO SAY in who chooses to go to help save their beaches.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join