It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAL LAW ALERT: Gulf Coast Evacuation Scenario Summer/Fall 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Due to toxic gases from the fractured oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, the possible off-gassing of the highly-toxic Corexit 9500 (the chemical dispersant used by BP in the oil spill clean-up), acid rain and various as-yet-unknown forms of environmental damage, we believe that the government will have no choice but to relocate millions of people away from the Gulf Coast. Those living in Florida are presently at the highest risk, but the danger also appears likely to spread to all Gulf Coast states east of Louisiana and possibly even to the entire Eastern half of the United States once hurricane season begins.

If you live, or if you know people who live on, or within 200 miles of the Gulf Coast area, we recommend that they immediately relocate to at least 200 miles inland (i.e. the farther away, the better). If people living within this 200-mile zone do not relocate voluntarily (i.e. on their own initiative), it appears likely that a forced evacuation through a martial-law scenario may occur within the coming weeks and (possibly) months.

Our country has been in a state of national emergency since September 11, 2001, which means that martial law (i.e. military rule) can be declared by the President at any time, for any reason – large, or small. If martial law is implemented, evacuees will lose their ability to determine when and where they will move and for how long, since the normal protections of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights will have been suspended. To put it bluntly, a scenario in which evacuees are forced to live in relocation centers for an unspecified length of time is not unlikely. Source

This is a map of the GoM where I have painted how far inland 200 miles encompasses. The red is 50 miles inland, yellow is 100 miles inland and green is 200 miles inland.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fd2891b0cc7.jpg[/atsimg]

There is just no way that our country can absorb the millions of people from three and a half states. Resources are stretched far enough with folks staying where they are. Where will we put all of these people? Who will pay to house, clothe and feed them? Many states are bankrupt and our economy cannot support the millions of people who will be affected by this. I honestly do not believe that a mass evacuation will take place. It will be far easier and cheaper for the government to let the people die.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree that martial law is in the works, I've had that suspicion for the last month at least.

You're right, the government cannot take care of that many refugees. Those of us fortunate enough to be out the danger are should take whoever we can into our homes as guests.

If all Americans were to do this we could handle this potential humanitarian crisis. The government will have to take care of the spill, that is beyond our capability.

Open your homes America, it will be time to be our brother's keeper soon.

I just remembered the thread awhile back about plastic coffins in georgia and a chill ran up my back. Did they know that far in advance?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm in the RED!

No worries, we are not going to be evacuated unless all that Methane goes up, and then we won't need to be evacuated because we'll either be tsunamied or fried!

Benzene, Benzine, CO2, Methane, and all the other gaseous problems are probably going to be above the 6 ppb threshhold in some areas some of the time, but it won't be cause for evacuation, and it won't be a constant threat. It will come and go. They will probably issue air quality advisories and tell people with breathing problems to stay inside.

You are correct, it is logistically impossible to evacuate Miami, Houston, Galveston, Austin, New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola, Tampa Bay, all the military bases, and all the Caribbean island nations, and all of the Mexican Gulf Coast.

It can't happen, it won't happen, and I am certain (from state government sources) that they are not even considering it. They have talked about it, because the press and the rumor mill is talking about it. The rumors started outside the Emergency Planners, but then the planners had to address the possibility. It was discussed very briefly, and determined unnecessary and logistically impossible, at least with data and forecasts that are available right now.

Nobody is talking about the quiet sea of dissolved methane creeping along the bottom of the Gulf right now though. The potential of a Methane Explosion that would kill everyone in those zones is becoming more and more possible by the day! If something disturbs all that liquified gas, and it decides to change states, it will create a giant tsunami, it will kill a lot of life, suck out the oxygen, and quite possibly ignite into a giant explosion. The Methane is the apocalyptic threat, the oil is a long term killer of life and economy, but the methane is a game-changing instantaneous catastrophe waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Looking at that map, I can't help but wonder why is Mexico so silent on this? It will do as much damage to their coast as it does to the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Thanks for the map!

It will be far easier and cheaper for the government to let the people die.

Chilling but definitely possible. There would be mass rioting on both sides of the 200 mile border...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I guess to we will get to see where all the FEMA camps are real soon. There's a really big one in Alaska that could be expanded to hold 2,000,000 people. The property will be ruint, too. Once those toxic compounds infuse themselves into building materials structures will have to be condemned. The buildings will have to be torn down. Where will they take all the garbage?

This is a horrible situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Originally posted by ohioriver
Looking at that map, I can't help but wonder why is Mexico so silent on this? It will do as much damage to their coast as it does to the US.

My only guess is that it hasn't reached their shores yet and they are hoping it doesn't. I can't see how it won't though if this blowout continues to gush oil for the next two months or more.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Won't be long till it hits Mexico too. First storm to get anywhere near the gulf will push it there. This will cause even more illegal immigration problems.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Then why is Obama making such a show in the MSM about the safety of the Gulf food being good for you, and that tourism is still strong and expected to be just fine?

Are we getting our chains rattled? What is the truth anymore? Do we listen to the experts and CTers, or the media and the Politicians?

Worry, Don't worry? Our heads are being messed with.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

ALERT

Shall I be the one to point out that your source is a meetup group, and that they state clearly in the alert that they're simply speculating?

Content from external source:
we believe that the government will have no choice but to

Content from external source:
If you live, or if you know people who live on, or within 200 miles
of the Gulf Coast area, we recommend that they immediately relocate

The scenario they describe may be possible, but meetup groups are basically groups of random people who sign up for a website. They have no more authority to speak on this matter than your average late-night Denny's crowd.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not sure what to think about this. Those of you who know me know that I have a VERY close friend who works for DOD and is responsible for on-base housing in one of the nations largest military bases (I will not specify to protect his identity). I recently returned from a week long fishing trip with him and another buddy. While on that trip discussion turned to the gulf oil spill and what it might mean long term. I brought up the rumor regarding relocation and evacuation and he turned very pensive. When I asked him what was up he responded with an interesting tidbit. About 3 weeks ago he was tasked, and I should add this is fairly customary for them to run scenario drills, with establishing a plan to house an additional 250,000 on base with existing housing and what would be required with regard to temporary housing. He is to furnish his report to the base's 3-star by the end of this week! He became pensive because up until that point, he had not made any connection and simply accepted it as another readiness drill - which it well may have been and nothing more. Who knows... Intersting nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by darkelf

ALERT

Shall I be the one to point out that your source is a meetup group, and that they state clearly in the alert that they're simply speculating?

I posted this from this particular site because infowars.com has posted it word for word. People will react to this coming from infowars one of two ways; AJ haters will completely disregard it and AJ lovers will cry "OMG OMG!!" without checking the source. I realize that those reactions are the two extremes on the spectrum but I did not want this thread to turn into an AJ bashfest.

edit format

[edit on 6/15/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ANyone know a good way to detact these gases anda mask to protect against the gas??? I live in tampa FL.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i dont think they would leave everybody to die. i mean im sure its cheaper and easier but you heard rahm emanual...never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
WHAT GOOD ARE GAS MASKS?

diggContrary to some reports, chemists and military experts say that gas masks can protect against nerve gases such as sarin. Although sarin gas can seep through the skin, breathing it delivers a lethal dose about 400 times faster?so the mask could give you enough time to escape from a noxious cloud. The bad news is that you need to know whether the mask really works (surplus units are untested), how to put it on (the fit must be airtight), when to put it on (by the time you recognize the symptoms, it is probably too late) and when to take it off (the masks are too uncomfortable to keep on indefinitely). None of the experts interviewed for this article bothers to own a mask.

www.scientificamerican.com...
It is interesting that they did not issue masks for the cleanup workers, saw that somewhere here on ATS, so to answer your question you might ask an expert and then report your findings in another thread.

Good question!

Edit for link...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by antar]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
ANyone know a good way to detact these gases anda mask to protect against the gas??? I live in tampa FL.

All these gases are called "aromatics." They have specific smells if they are in any decent concentration. If you can't smell them, they aren't very dangerous. If you can smell them, and they don't take your breath away, they aren't very dangerous, but I would get away from the smell if possible, because prolonged exposure could be bad for your lungs and liver. If it does take your breath away, then you are probably standing in some of it and you should get away.

These chemicals are very, very common. Go smell a wooden telephone pole, Benzene is common in the cure that they are soaked in (creosote). Gasoline has byproducts of Benzene, Benzine, and Methane as well.

You breathe this stuff already when you are cooking out with charcoal or gas, when you are pumping gas, when you are driving on hot asphalt, when you are hanging signs on telephone poles, when you are painting or stripping paint, etc., etc.

The air is quite safe, and will remain that way.....unless the dissolved methane bubbles up in mass. Then we have a problem.

This situation is dire enough. The Gulf is becoming a large deadzone, a silent explosive mass is creeping along its bottom destroying the oxygen supply and waiting for an explosive trigger, the oil is killing the marshlands and beaches, the situation is extremely dire all on its own. No need for speculation on some nefarious evacuation plan or martial law. No need. People are going to leave the coasts when their livelihoods dry up and their beautiful emerald green waters and sugar white sand are gone. No need for speculation, my kids are already doomed to not experience the same beautiful coast line that my wife and I did. The whole situation is plenty sad all on its own!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Gas Masks are Worthless against Methane. CH4 is a smaller molecule than CO2 or O2. Some of the larger aromatics may be caught by the gas mask, but none of the clean up workers are wearing breathing apparatus. The guys floating in the middle of it and stirring it around and scooping it up are not wearing breathing apparatus, so why should we even be thinking about it?

When the storms hit, the rain will probably be acidic. Worry about that. Any seismic activity could disturb the dissolved methane. Worry about that. The sea turtles will soon begin nesting along oil soaked beaches, and will probably become extinct, at least in the Gulf region, worry about that. It will take 20 years for the marshlands to recover, worry about that. It will take 2-3 years after the cleanup is finished before I can have any Apalachicola Oysters, worry about that!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm almost in the green. During Katrina my town was flooded with people from the LA and MS coasts. Our crime rates skyrocketed. I can't imagine what it would be like if the entire Gulf Coast is evacuated!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I would rate this as a negative flag!
I wish people would stop listing blogs and special interest group websites as a source and even starting threads with this mis-information.

It seriously downgrades the quality of this site!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Dr Turi was on coast to coast am last week and he sees August 25 as an event he described as a shocking natural disaster will occur. My mind keeps going to the Gulf when I think of it. This is a horrible disaster.You guys takes care and keep an eye on ATS because you sure aint going to get the straight story from the media or the government!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join