It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO disclosure by prominent people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is interesting. Someone says they saw a UFO and a quite a bit of the time they get harassed about it. Here are some famous folks and their UFO experiences.

"We all know UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where are they from." -Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 1971

"The Phenomenon is real and we should approach it seriously and study it”- Mikhail Gorbachev, 1990

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is..."."

Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950.

"We have contact with alien cultures." -Astronaut Dr. Brian O'leary

"The American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the U. S. Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment on this subject." - Gerald Ford

"I don’t laugh at people any more when they say they’ve seen UFOs," Carter said at a Southern Governors Conference. "I’ve seen one myself." "It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the moon.. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky- Jimmy Carter

"I was in a plane last week when I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around." "I went up to the pilot and said, "Have you ever seen anything like that?" He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" "We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light." "We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens."

"When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it. But we didn't file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO..." - Ronald Reagan, 1974

"With control of the universe at stake, a crash program is imperative. We produced the A-bomb, under the huge Manhattan Project, in an amazingly short time. The needs, the urgency today are even greater. The Air Force should end UFO secrecy, give the facts to scientists, the public, to Congress."

"Once the people realize the truth, they would back, even demand a crash program... for this is one race we dare not lose..." - Maj. Don Keyhoe, Director-NICAP, 1953

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs." -Astronaut Scott Carpenter--Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962. NASA still has not released the photograph.

"At one stage we even thought it might be necessary to take evasive action to avoid a collision." -Astronaut James McDivitt commenting on an orbital encounter he and Ed White had with a "weird object" with arm-like extensions which approached their capsule. Later in the flight they saw two similar objects over the Caribbean.

"The U.S. Government hasn't maintained secrecy regarding UFOs It's been leaking out all over the place. But the way it's been handled is by denial, by denying the truth of the documents that have leaked. By attempting to show them as fraudulent, as bogus of some sort. There has been a very large disinformation and misinformation effort around this whole area. And one must wonder, how better to hide something out in the open than just to say, 'It isn't there. You're deceiving yourself if you think this is true.' And yet, there it is right in front of you. So it's a disinformation effort that's concerning here, not the fact that they have kept the secret. They haven't kept it. It's been getting out into the public for fifty years or more." -Dr. Edgar Mitchell

"I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high. As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going way from me -- and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared." -Donald Slayton, Mercury astronaut, in a 1951 interview.

Upon graduation with a master's degree in thermodynamics from UCLA, Ben Rich was hired by Lockheed. In December 1954, Rich was sent to the secret research and development Skunk Works section run by Lockheed. Later was program manager for the SR-71 Blackbird propulsion system. The idea to paint the high-speed aircraft's skin black, to help dissipate the tremendous frictional heat, was Rich's. He championed the early prototypes of stealth technology and led the development of theF117stealth fighter. Ben Rich, stated during a 1993, Alumni Speech at UCLA:

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

"I had a good friend at Roswell, a fellow officer. He had to be careful about what he said. But it sure wasn't a weather balloon, like the Air Force cover story. He made it clear to me what crashed was a craft of alien origin, and members of the crew were recovered." -Col. Gordon Cooper

I find it incredibly interesting that numerous US presidents were willing to speak about UFO experiences. Oodles of Astronauts and cosmonauts speak about ufo's and alien encounters. Numerous world leaders have seen them. Gorby, The Pm of Japan, etc....

When I hear low level military personel or anyone outside of the elite talk about it with no results I think nothing of it. It's expected. But when a good percentage of people that we send to space admit to it, when several presidents admit to it.... Kinda makes you wonder who's over the presidents head pulling the strings and suprressing information.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
they are real.

saw 'em, too.

one thing about them, theyre damn fast.

by me, 2010

ps: nice compilation there.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I think there are three types of people in this world where UFO's and ET's are concerned.

Those that know and deny. Those that know and admit. Those that are so institutionalized and brainwashed, that if the government told them 9/11 was carried out by a small group of Arabs with craft knives, they'd probably believe every word of it, just as if the government told them people are crazy who say ET's and UFO's are a reality, they'd probably believe that too.

Shame, because these sheep are among the majority, which is how TPTB have got away with the sheer amount of crap they have for so long.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
These quotes have been posted ad nauseum in this forum and add nothing to our understanding of the phenomenon.

Are you familiar with the logical fallacy known as an appeal-to-authority?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
I think there are three types of people in this world where UFO's and ET's are concerned.

Those that know and deny. Those that know and admit. Those that are so institutionalized and brainwashed...

I love the closed-minded, arrogant rationalizations of some believers.

Originally posted by spikey
that if the government told them 9/11 was carried out by a small group of Arabs with craft knives, they'd probably believe every word of it...

“Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.” -- Archimedes

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Glad i could be of some service to you DDR.

Even if it was only to give you a golden opportunity to snipe.

But hey...it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thread closed.

Please read: Posting work written by others.

(This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Please use ATS Search as this has been posted before.

Please read: You Have An Urgent Private Message.

[edit on June 15th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

join