It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Satellite Image Shows MASSIVE Size Of Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was looking at the latest image (3 days old) from NASA. It's pretty bad. It appears that a huge glob of oil has amassed off the coast of Alabama, Mississippi and the Panhandle of Florida. The entire length of the Gulf along Florida appears to be affected by a slick.

A huge blob of oil also sits down by the tip of Florida.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d55a3a34efe4.jpg[/atsimg]

On June 12, 2010, oil from the still-leaking Deepwater Horizon well was particularly visible across the northern Gulf of Mexico when the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Aqua satellite captured this image at 1:55 p.m. Central Daylight Time. Oil appears to have reached beaches and barrier islands in Alabama and the western Panhandle of Florida.

www.nasa.gov...

It looks like a massive dispersant effort is going on just off the panhandle

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e9d3722222f.jpg[/atsimg]

And the blob down by the tip of Florida? You know this has to be being pulled into the gulf stream.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11971e588858.jpg[/atsimg]

It bad, real bad.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The closeup of the coast, with labeling really shows how hard the coastline is going to get hit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/013041e449b7.jpg[/atsimg]

NASA took a new image of the Deepwater Horizon well oil spill that now is visible across the entire Gulf of Mexico. The photo was taken by NASA's Aqua Satellite. You can see the oil on the beeches, even at Florida you can see the oil reached the beach.

fromtheold.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Incredible.

We must all be outraged.. If we're not, then there must be something wrong with us.

One question has been in my mind, especially after looking at that image of the dispersent in operation (if that is what it is)..

The question is this;

Once the dispersal chemical does its job, and the oil is broken down into tiny bits... what happens when the chemical becomes diluted?
Can the oil coagulate and form back into a slick?

I can only imagine that a vast majority will end up slowly collecting on beaches or crustaceans.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Thanks for the pictures, they are amazing, I wonder how they are still circulating with all the propaganda that the government and BP is doing.

People have not clue of how big this spill is and how big the disaster that we have in our southern coasts, this spill is of historical value and perhaps the biggest ecological disaster know to men in this modern times.

We will be dealing with this for decades to come.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Not sure, but here's my theory. If the oil is being dispersed in 5 mile deep water, as it reaches shore, it's pushed up. Water will evaporate, leaving Corexit infused oil.

I think that's why we're seeing a massive buildup of oil off the panhandle.

The Mississippi drains into the gulf, and the current from this will pool it in the curve of the panhandle. Those are some beautiful beaches, that will never be enjoyed again by our generation.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Your welcome. I think we need to realize this thing will not be stopped, will not be handled, will completely destroy 1000 miles of coastline, God only knows how much marine life, and probably kill million of people, slowly through cancers and respiratory problems, if not fast poisoning.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

We must all be outraged.. If we're not, then there must be something wrong with us.

I am not outraged though.

Sure it sucks but hey, thats what everyone WANTED.

People are so conformist to society, and totally fall in line when told to. People ridicule those who stand up against wrongdoing and atrocity.

The system goes on because everyone keeps it alive.

We vote with our $$$ we were just BEGGING for this to happen.

And now I am supposed to be angry or outraged?

Nah, not this time.
I am at that point where I am happy for everyone.

We asked for it, we got it.

I am only sad for the dead animals. That sucks. But I am overjoyed to see humans FINALLY getting what they deserve.

I have nothing, I own no land on this Earth.

I would call Earth my home, but I have to pay RENT $ for that right don't I?

Maybe I am sick in the head now, maybe I am cynical, maybe I am lost, maybe I am???!!

But who got me there? Who kept constantly beating my brain into submission?

Thats right. Society,government, peer pressure, etc!
Sure I choose to be cynical but you gotta admit, humans make it EASY to be cynical!

And now that Societies Karma is finally catching up. I ain't sweatin it.

It's not like I can afford to eat fish anyways. I have nothing, there fore I lost nothing.

It's not my Earth. Yall "own" it. I own nothing but the cloths on my back...

Sure I am guilty too. But I KNEW what I was getting into. I knew the price I had to pay. That we will all pay....

Sorry for that...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Of course, dispersal does not mean removal. They are obviously trying to hide the actual amount of oil that would normally be floating on the surface. It has to collect somewhere. They mat be relying on the currents to sweep away a large amount of oil out into the Atlantic ocean where it will get swallowed up by the vast amount of water there, but that does not mean that we will sea the end of it.

This oil will arise at some point in some manner.

It might be possible that the currents are not working the way they hoped and the oil is collecting faster than they can get rid of it, then we'll see the whole area getting this sheen on it and we'll see more oil going out into the ocean.

according to some of the posts here and other places, we will not see the end of this. Oil is going to keep flowing.

I'm glad we have these sattelite images otherwise we would be none the wiser and their cover up games would continue.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Extralien

I am not outraged though.

Sure it sucks but hey, thats what everyone WANTED.

The truth is not always pretty. I believe you are correct.

Self fulfilling prophecy?

top topics

join