It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the passing of Mckyle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hello…..

I have lost a friend.

On Tuesday the 20th of April 2010, Mckyle passed away.

I am so sad about this. It had been my great privilege to make friends with Mckyle, during my time on ATS. He was just a terrific, intelligent all-round really nice guy.

Smart? …..you bet! He was a professional businessman, he was a Dr of politics & history & he was forging ahead with his own business entities in China as a successful ex-pat Aussie!

Nice?.....well you all saw his work on ATS. He was just a terrific guy! I still have to stop & look & think about Mckyle every time I see his very striking “Joker” avatar.

Since Mckyle passed away, it has been my great privilege to speak at length with Mckyle’s lovely wife from China & Mckyle’s lovely sister from Australia. I found out that very sadly, Mckyle had become estranged from his family in Australia for several years prior to passing away. In fact, they had not spoken with him for almost 7 years…..& now they never can.

But, here’s the thing…..they are now looking at Mckyle’s work on ATS & this is helping his family to understand a lot about what he was thinking & feeling during that time. And guess what? They can see he was a very well liked member who was enjoying life in a highly intelligent, well mannered way! This has made his family very happy.

This means that everybody on ATS who has interacted with Mckyle has helped his family through a very difficult time. Mckyle’s family thanks you for that.

Now, in my opinion, it is natural to want to know what happened to Mckyle…..so, here goes….

A few weeks before he passed away, Mckyle attended a boot camp type training camp…..one of those tough fitness training centres.

Mckyle was in a building running up & down stairs as part of a training activity. When he was on the third floor of the building, the floor gave way & Mckyle fell through three stories of ceilings & floors, receiving multiple fractures to both feet & ankles.

I can tell you from my long experience in the medical field that this introduces two very significant risk factors. The very strong pain reducing drugs can be very hard on heart & liver function & the lower leg injuries can cause deep venous thrombosis (blood clots) that can travel from the legs to the lungs & cause heart problems.

Mckyle passed away from a heart attack that seems to have been caused by a combination of the above.

So sad…..

I talked to him for a long time just 2 days before he passed away. I was stuck overseas due to that volcano & I was at a loose end…..you know, a little homesick & all that sort of thing. It was just so nice to see Mckyle calling me just to have a chat……we had a really long chat…..our last one.

So…..

There you go.

I’ll miss Mckyle.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Very sad that another much loved member of ATS has passed... my condolences to his friends and family. I didn't know him personally, but I know he was a very prominent poster and he will live on through his posts.

Edited to add: Thanks for making your OP, Maybe...Maybe Not. I enjoyed what you wrote about mckyle as it's not often you get to read about the "real" people behind the usernames and it really highlights the kinds of awesome people this site attracts.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by SerialLurker]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My condolences to his wife, his family, and his friends. I'm glad you got to speak with him one last time, Maybe, and my condolences go out to you as well.

I will also have to look up his posts to get a sense of who he was. I'm glad his family took comfort in discovering his ~identity~ here.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am sorry for everyones loss,his friends on ats and in real life.
My thoughts go out to his family.
Take nothing and nobody for granted.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It has been such a terrible 6 months for members of ATS.

Maybe...maybe not informed me of Mckyle's passing a few weeks ago now, so the initial shock has now passed but the sadness keeps popping up every now and then.

Mckyle was a supportive friend of no doubt many members here on ATS, myself included.

My heart goes out to his family and friends and I hope his memory will live strong with you all.

Chad.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It was so sad to hear that you are no longer with us, Matt. I was proud to be your friend, and I will miss you and remember you with great fondness and respect.

My thoughts go to your loved ones, they must be struggling hard with this terrible loss.

I wish you a safe journey into the great unknown, Matt. I'll see you when it's my turn to travel too.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oh my gosh, this is terrible news!

I got to know Mckyle fairly well in my time on ATS as we used to exchange U2U's back and forth from time to time and I have to say he was such a great guy and friend and my thoughts are with the rest of his friends and family at this time.

I don’t know what else to say I'm just really shocked and saddened by this.

RIP Matt.

ETA:

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was very sad to hear about this when I heard of it a few weeks back. I was hoping it wasn't true right up till now when MMN sent me the link. What a blow!

McKyle, it was always a pleasure chatting with you via u2u and on the threads. Whenever I saw your avatar pop up in a thread, I couldn't wait to read what you had written. You and I thought in very similar ways.

You were a true gentleman and a good friend. You will be sorely missed mate. I hope that wherever you are now, you finally have the answers to all the things we constantly debate and theorize over at ATS.

I'm off to have a beer in your honor!

R.I.P McKyle

IRM

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Mckyle was a very cool guy and I was shocked and saddened at learning of his passing a couple of weeks ago.

He will be sadly missed and was one of the nicest and most genuine members of ATS.

We chatted occasionally via U2U and I'm glad I had the chance to get to know him.

RIP my friend.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Another one to leave and help us from another existence.
Far from gone.

I'm sorry for the loss, it is sad for sure.
The Universe needed him for bigger things..
things I think we are going to need ourselves.
All the help he was here...
just imagine how much help he can be without the restrictions!

Congratulations on moving up McKyle~ You done well mate.
you will be missed~

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have no words..

I am sooo bloody schocked..

8[

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My condolences to everyone who knew him. MMN, thank you for that heartfelt post

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow, so many passings this year...

My heart goes out to his family and friends. You will live on here on ATS my friend.

RIP.

Back to the Tree you go.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/15/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I remember him well - thanks very much for sharing

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I remember his posts very well. I'm so glad his family can read about his time spent here with us.

I still can't believe this. My condolences go out to you, all his friends and family. What a tragic and sad loss. Thank you for letting us all know. I'm glad you got to talk to him one last time.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sad to hear this

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I didn't know the man...except perhaps was reminded by the description Maybe...maybe not gave of his avatar...that rings a bell.

While I usually take a pragmatic approach to death (we ALL face it eventually, n'est pas?) the circumstance t hat led up to Mckyle's demise, in this instance, seem to indicate that NONE of us can take anyting for granted, in terms of 'future' thinking, but instead, should strive to live in the present, the here and now....

I hope all who cared for him will find some comfort, and solace, in the companionship that IS 'family', in whatever form it takes.....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I hope it gives McKyle's family some comfort that some of his words, ideas and passions are archived here at ATS.

Within the etherial walls of the internet and in the hearts of those who knew him, he will live on.

I regret that I didn't know McKyle very well; I disagree with him from time to time, but I remember him because I always enjoyed the his easy manner, and and the intelligence and wry humor that his posts exhibited.

jkrog, WOS, McKyle........ you have the answers now. Dance in peace

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I am very sorry about the loss of your friend Mckyle, and a friend of many ATS members. My condolences to you, and all his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Bless his friends and family

If anyone wants to wear a ribbon (just use the html in your avatar space):

large
files.abovetopsecret.com...

small
files.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join