It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All four USN Special ops subs forward deployed for first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
SSGN Force Reaches Historic Milestone

"We have transitioned from an idea on paper to an actual capability to the nation. Their capabilities are revolutionary in what a typical submarine can do because they can carry multiple Tomahawk missiles, special operating forces, improved sonar processers, and a battle management center. It is truly one of the most capable platforms in the Navy today."

Seems this little bit of news s lipped under everyones radar.

These are the new Guided missle subs, each capable of carrying 154 tomahawk cruise missles and 66 Special Operations forces soldiers.

"Four SSGNs capable of carrying and launching a combined total of 616 Tomahawk cruise missiles and deploying up to 264 Special Operation Forces, are forward-deployed in position to identify and respond to diverse threats on short notice and with scalable force,"

Thats alot of offensive firepower at sea at the same time, and just happens to be a moment in the world when relations are strained, almost to breaking.

My guess is 2 to south china sea, 2 to the Arabian sea and this dovetails nicely with the new Special Ops policy. Two of these could probaly knock out a majority of Irans air defenses, leaving a corridor for the IAF.

Four would be devastating.

edit to add Link

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

each capable of carrying 154 tomahawk cruise missiles

wow, just wow

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

U.S. 'secret war' expands globally as Special Operations forces take larger role

The surge in Special Operations deployments, along with intensified CIA drone attacks in western Pakistan, is the other side of the national security doctrine of global engagement and domestic values President Obama released last week. One advantage of using "secret" forces for such missions is that they rarely discuss their operations in public. For a Democratic president such as Obama, who is criticized from either side of the political spectrum for too much or too little aggression, the unacknowledged CIA drone attacks in Pakistan, along with unilateral U.S. raids in Somalia and joint operations in Yemen, provide politically useful tools.

Thought this ties in nicely with forward deployment of these subs.

Its just mind numbing the power these subs have, they could take over a small country on their own.

Just send some airpower (re: drones) and you have a ready made breech force, ready to make a BIG hole in defenses and lay some eyes on targets for the B-2's, or the IAF.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I just had to bump this, after seeing all the threads about ships off of Iran's coast, Israeli troops and planes massing.

The Italian PM, Castro.

Signs, signs everywhere are signs.
Do this , don't do that can't you see the signs?

So do you all think the unique deployment of these subs has or will have anything to do with and Israeli raid on Iran's 'targets of opportunity'?

These machines are especially qualified to be used in massive air / spec ops campaign of limited duration. 616 cruise missiles and 250 special ops soldiers aint no small deal, and we'll never know where they are.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

each capable of carrying 154 tomahawk cruise missiles

wow, just wow

ya know, I'm not quite sure
but I don't think they even
used that many on Baghdad
in all that "shock and awe"
campaign. But 4 of them !!!
wow,

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah, I can't believe this has slipped under everyone's radar.

While everyone looks at Carrier deployments, these ships with 616 Tomahawks could very well be lurking in the gulf.

Not to mention the Special Ops troops. To me this is of more significance than carrier groups being relieved.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thought this thread could use some data on the Tomahawks.

Wikipedia: BGM-109 Tomahawk

The interesting thing about this missile is that you can park your boat in the Arabian Sea (outside the Strait of Hormuz and far behind our own fleet) and launch at almost any target in Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and a good chunk of India if they wanted.

Another thing to consider is that the Tomahawk is low flying and is hard to detect on radar. There used to be a stealth version, but that was phased out just recently though it wasn't announced in public.

Shock and Awe is going to be a pretty fireworks show compared to if those subs fire off

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I love how everything is called Special Op's this Special Op's that now days ...No not really ..its not cool at all ,but oh well ...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SFwife

Mainly because the phrase makes their commands come only from the President and Congress has the wool pulled over their eyes. Spec Ops are black projects most of the time which get general funding, I think someone mentioned that before, but I've been reading so much recently that things are starting to blend together.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
is there any new news on possible locations and or future deployments that arent filled with rants and raves about zionist this and people just screaming at eachohter this is the only thread ive managed to see that that hasent happend in yet..... i just want news so i know whats going on in the world dont care whos to blame or whos doing what i just want information my friend in army intelegence sent me a cryptic message(we had agreed on no specifics be mentioned just an innocnet word to act as warning) and i wanan know if filling up the bomb shelter with more supplies would be advised but in all seriousness whats going on?!?!?!?!

top topics

join