It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Man Hunting Bin Laden Held in Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

U.S. Man Hunting Bin Laden Held in Pakistan

www.foxnews.com

An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Usama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

The man was identified as 52-year-old Californian construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner, said officer Mumtaz Ahmad Khan.

He was picked up in a forest in the Chitral region late on Sunday, he said.

"We initially laughed when he told us that he wanted to kill Usama bin Laden," said Khan. But he said when officers seized the pistol, the sword and night-vision equipment, "our suspicion grew."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Now that's funny. Some american ninja armed with a sword caught in a forest looking for Osama Bin Laden. It really depicts a ridiculous image of the average christian american sheeple, on a mission fueled by government propaganda (OSama even exists?), Hollywood clichés (a rambo ninja) and religious fanaticism (God is guiding me).
I am glad the police got hold of him before some taliban catch him and use him for a ransom or worse.

Or maybe it's this economic crisis and the fat reward for catching Bin Laden that got him going?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Should have let him go for it. It's not like he could do any worse than the "coalition".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There's a bounty on his head, right? Well what's the point of a bounty if you can't go for it?

If I want to use my personal time to look for him why shouldn't I be able to?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think the poor guy has been mislead, I believe the best place to look for Osama Bin Laden is on Bush's ranch in Crawford Texas.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Sounds like Snake eyes when they refer to a sword and a pistol. I doubt he would have gotten far and he should be lucky he was intercepted by the police instead of the Taliban or Al Qaeda. God ain't with him on that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

No he is in the White House right now. Obama=Osama.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out what his crime was. Was it being an American in Pakistan? Having a sword and pistol? Or trying to kill Bin Laden.

I'm guessing the U.S. will be "okay" with Pakistan stopping this guy, not like he'd really succeed.

And there was a recent news article saying Pakstian ISI supports the taliban (not like the CIA doesn't), so they have multiple reasons to stop a Christian soldier from engaging in holy war. Sorry Gary Faulkner, only Eric Prince (CEO of Xe/Blackwater) is allowed to go on holy crusades to kill muslims. I guess you were worshiping the wrong God, should have followed the god of money. But in all seriousness, this is rather funny news, and a lot of people support his cause even though he is obviously a little nutty. I hope this exposes the conspiracy that they don't really want Bin Laden dead. Maybe this guy will finally start to understand how the world really works. On that note, what kind of American would do this? Other than Morgan Spurlock, but even he decided not to go into Pakistan at the last minute.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
not exactly the brightest crayon in the box.. Amazing that he even managed to find his way to pakistan.. Could you americans please keep better control of your mental patiens .. Your politicians cause enough havoc in the world as it is..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
not exactly the brightest crayon in the box.. Amazing that he even managed to find his way to pakistan.. Could you americans please keep better control of your mental patiens .. Your politicians cause enough havoc in the world as it is..

Only one type of American goes to Pakistan, the type that is closely followed by the CIA. The story says this guy visited there 7 times, more than enough to raise some flags from the TSA. This is just too mind-bogglingly stupid to think about.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Bin laden is dead, I have wrote a blog about this on another site MI6 could have killed him. Once i get my 20 posts i'l put it up on ATS

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The man was a former "Contractor", meaning mercenary, hunting Bin Laden.

Quote from : C.N.N. : American Arrested For Hunting Bin Laden

A 52-year-old American citizen who said he was searching for Osama bin Laden was detained in Pakistan near the border with Afghanistan this week, Pakistani police said Tuesday.

The Californian named Gary Faulkner was carrying a pistol, a sword, night-vision equipment and Christian religious books, said Mumtaz Ahmed, a police chief in the area.

Faulkner was detained as he was walking from Pakistan toward the border into Nuristan province in Afghanistan, Ahmed said.

He told police that he had been looking for bin Laden since 9/11 and had traveled to the area several times before, Ahmed said.

No, this story does not speak of him being a "former Contractor", I'm watching C.N.N. live.

C.N.N. interviews his brother apparently and his brother said Faulkner is not crazy.

He is, or rather was, hunting Osama bin Laden, considering there is a $25 million bounty on his head, Osama bin Laden's head, it is odd is it not that more people are not hunting him?

Calif. Man Arrested for 'hunting' Bin Laden

The question is whether once you captured Osama bin Laden if the Government would honor the bounty.

I do not believe they would honor it let alone let the individual live to tell about it.

This is because of the cozy relationship between the House of Saud and Bush family.

I have to wonder if Faulkner knows about this information or these books.

You Can Run But You Can't Hide

Amazon Review :

"Freeze!"

Duane "Dog" Chapman entertains and inspires millions on Dog the Bounty Hunter, his #1-rated show on A&E -- but there is more to his story.

From troubled beginnings and tragedy to triumph and transformation, he reveals all for the first time in this no-holds-barred memoir.

Dog spent the first twenty-three years of his life on the wrong side of the law.

In You Can Run, but You Can’t Hide, he offers an inside look at his days as a gang member; his dark years of addiction and abuse; and how serving eighteen months in prison for a murder he didn’t commit helped him recommit to his faith.

He also shares stories of some of his most dangerous bounty hunts -- including his capture of Max Factor heir and convicted rapist Andrew Luster, which made international headlines.

In You Can Run, but You Can’t Hide, Dog recounts his incredible story, chronicling his journey from his onetime criminal past to the guiding faith that has led him to become one of the most successful bounty hunters in American history.

Against all odds, Dog turned his life around and went from ex-con to American icon in the process.

This is his story.

...or this one...

The Bin Ladens: An Arabian Family in the American Century

Amazon Review :

The bin Ladens are famous for spawning the world's foremost terrorist and building one of the Middle East's foremost corporate dynasties.

Pulitzer Prize–winner Coll (Ghost Wars) delivers a sprawling history of the multifaceted clan, paying special attention to its two most emblematic members.

Patriarch Mohamed's eldest son, Salem, was a caricature of the self-indulgent plutocrat: a flamboyant jet-setter dependent on the Saudi monarchy, obsessed with all things motorized (he died crashing his plane after a day's joy-riding atop motorcycle and dune-buggy) and forever tormenting his entourage with off-key karaoke.

Coll presents quite a contrast with an unusually nuanced profile of Salem's half-brother Osama, a shy, austere, devout man who nonetheless shares Salem's egomania.

Other bin Ladens crowd Coll's narrative with the eye-glazing details of their murky business deals, messy divorces and ill-advised perfume lines and pop CDs.

Beneath the clutter one discerns an engrossing portrait of a family torn between tradition and modernity, conformism and self-actualization, and desperately in search of its soul.

(April 1)

Copyright ©

Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc.

All rights reserved.

...or this one...

House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties

Amazon Review :

The perilous ramifications of the September 11 attacks on the United States are only now beginning to unfold.

They will undoubtedly be felt for generations to come.

This is one of many sad conclusions readers will draw from Craig Unger's exceptional book House of Bush House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties.

As Unger claims in this incisive study, the seeds for the "Age of Terrorism" and September 11 were planted nearly 30 years ago in what, at the time, appeared to be savvy business transactions that subsequently translated into political currency and the union between the Saudi royal family and the extended political family of George H. W. Bush.

On the surface, the claim may appear to be politically driven, but as Unger (a respected investigative journalist and editor) probes--with scores of documents and sources--the political tenor of the U.S. over the last 30 years, the Iran-Iraq War, the war in Afghanistan, the birth of Al Qaeda, the dubious connection between members of the Saudi Royal family and the exportation of terror, and the personal fortunes amassed by the Bush family from companies such as Harken Energy and the Carlyle Group, he exposes the "brilliantly hidden agendas and purposefully murky corporate relationships" between these astonishingly powerful families.

His evidence is persuasive and reveals a devastating story of Orwellian proportions, replete with political deception, shifting allegiances, and lethal global consequences.

Unger begins his book with the remarkable story of the repatriation of 140 Saudis directly following the September 11 attacks.

He ends where Richard A. Clarke begins, questioning the efficacy of the war in Iraq in the battle against terrorism.

We are unquestionably facing a global security crisis unlike any before.

President Bush insists that we will prevail, yet as Unger so effectively concludes, "Never before has an American president been so closely tied to a foreign power that harbors and supports our country's mortal enemies."

--Silvana Tropea

...or this one...

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

Amazon Review :

Steve Coll's Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 offers revealing details of the CIA's involvement in the evolution of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the years before the September 11 attacks.

From the beginning, Coll shows how the CIA's on-again, off-again engagement with Afghanistan after the end of the Soviet war left officials at Langley with inadequate resources and intelligence to appreciate the emerging power of the Taliban.

He also demonstrates how Afghanistan became a deadly playing field for international politics where Soviet, Pakistani, and U.S. agents armed and trained a succession of warring factions.

At the same time, the book, though opinionated, is not solely a critique of the agency.

Coll balances accounts of CIA failures with the success stories, like the capture of Mir Amal Kasi.

Coll, managing editor for the Washington Post, covered Afghanistan from 1989 to 1992.

He demonstrates unprecedented access to records of White House meetings and to formerly classified material, and his command of Saudi, Pakistani, and Afghani politics is impressive.

He also provides a seeming insider's perspective on personalities like George Tenet, William Casey, and anti-terrorism czar, Richard Clarke ("who seemed to wield enormous power precisely because hardly anyone knew who he was or what exactly he did for a living").

Coll manages to weave his research into a narrative that sometimes has the feel of a Tom Clancy novel yet never crosses into excess.

While comprehensive, Coll's book may be hard going for those looking for a direct account of the events leading to the 9-11 attacks.

The CIA's 1998 engagement with bin Laden as a target for capture begins a full two-thirds of the way into Ghost Wars, only after a lengthy march through developments during the Carter, Reagan, and early Clinton Presidencies.

But this is not a critique of Coll's efforts; just a warning that some stamina is required to keep up.

Ghost Wars is a complex study of intelligence operations and an invaluable resource for those seeking a nuanced understanding of how a small band of extremists rose to inflict incalculable damage on American soil.

--Patrick O'Kelley

All of these above books would be helpful information.

Considering I have considered many times over my lifetime in becoming a Bounty Hunter, this is one bounty I would prefer not going after, not for fear of not being able to accomplish the mission, I would, but because those bastards in Government would never honor the bounty payment to begin with, nor let me live.

Anyone who knows anything about politics knows the real reason the 9/11 Commission was formed, was to act as a buffer between the House of Saud and Bush family, and the cozy relationship Osama bin Laden and family had with both, so thereby hamstringing any real investigation into 9/11.

So, this "bounty", would be a no-go in my book, the political dangers of being killed for knowing far too much is too very real, because to actually bring Osama bin Laden in, with or without Government sanction, would be tantamount to signing your own death warrant.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Sounds like Snake eyes when they refer to a sword and a pistol. I doubt he would have gotten far and he should be lucky he was intercepted by the police instead of the Taliban or Al Qaeda. God ain't with him on that.

Hey hey hey, you never know, he might have been quite the accomplished swordsman. They do exist, in fact I'm not too shabby myself.

A wise man once told me "never underestimate anyone, you may just be surprised".

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
lol, this man has drank too much government koolaid.

Seriously though, if he wants a big bounty I would suggest he would have a better chance of catching bigfoot.

Bigfoots bring in some serious money these days, and there are more eye witness accounts of him lately, then bin laden.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Erm, I think ive seen this guy before...

Maybe

[edit on 16-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
- hes definitely lucky to be alive.

Kinda reminds of Jerusalem Syndrome

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
this guy is a stud if you ask me.

I remember about 2002 seeing a video of some non-military Americans driving around Afghanistan in a truck with weapons looking for Osama and/or the taliban. seriously. I wish i could find a link

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I like this guy.
To bad he was chasing a made up boogie man. Just goes to show how powerful stupidity is but I still like him.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow what a story!!! :UP::LOL:

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And damn nice call!

$25 million reward... now that you mention it if you could pass as an arab why not? Especially in this economy. I'm surprised we don't hear more stories like this...

EDIT: It could be life threatening to him and his family now that they've let his name out in international news. And there appears to be only 3 possible phone numbers for him link going by the most basic of searches.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
yeah I'm gonna hunt Adolf Hitler too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join