It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thou shalt not make graven images

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

If you read things to literally and not critically (which many religious people do by the way) the Bible is silly and leads to absurd results.

That is why study is important. Many people on ATS talk a lot of smack about the Bible. They don't take the time to understand the context. Sometimes other verses or multiple translations of the Bible have to be used to get a clear picture.

How about the Greek word for "cross" Stauros. Was it really a cross, or was it a stake?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
How many Christians wear a cross?

www.the-ten-commandments.org...

Right there at number two on the list.

That's the old testement

This is also found in Leviticus

Leviticus 26:1

'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

The old testement has been fulfilled

Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill"

Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians.

Nine of the Ten Commandments are clearly repeated in the New Testament.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
People ,lets break this down,Word play is very important in understanding the bible...

Thou shalt not make graven images really means,

Graven; past participle of grave,,ie to kill

A cross cannot kill....it is talking about factories,cars,boats,and anything else that polutes the air.Which will kill when the air is too toxic to breath.

You worship your car every time you use it,you worship the factory every time you go to work...I know you need to make money,The BEAST.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by awake_and_aware

If you read things to literally and not critically (which many religious people do by the way) the Bible is silly and leads to absurd results. With regards to "honor thy mother and father," it makes sense that there should be exceptions if your mother and father are acting dishonorably. Perhaps the best thing you could do to honor a parent that is acting destructively is to get them help and right their destructive behavior, even if that means temporarily abandoning your parents.

You are correct in that people who blindly put their faith in any god or gods without much thought are acting irrationally. Perhaps this is where the ban on idolatry comes in. Wasting your time on any false god is not only foolish, but counterproductive and destructive. We can both agree that there are many Christians, Jews, and Muslims who claim not to be idolatrous, yet they waste so much time and energy pursuing a false god.

If we expect God to subscribe to one religion at the exclusion of all the others, then we should expect damnation as a matter of chance. This should give Christians pause when expounding their religious beliefs, but it does not. Sam Harris

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
No matter what you do, you have to be prepared with Bible based answers, to peoples questions. Titus 1:9

Well said Dusty. I don't think I've studied well enough to be able to answer any question on the fly.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

No matter what you do, you have to be prepared with Bible based answers, to peoples questions. Titus 1:9

Well said Dusty. I don't think I've studied well enough to be able to answer any question on the fly.

I'm sure you can try though:-

QUESTION 1: If God created the world, then who created god? and who created whoever created god? So somewhere along the line something had to just be there. So why can't we just skip the idea of god and go straight to earth?

QUESTION 2: If we expect God to subscribe to one religion at the exclusion of all the others, then should't we expect damnation as a matter of chance?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

I appreciate the confidence, though I'm still looking stuff up because I only know whereabouts its found. All very good points and topics to discuss, I'll give it my best:

QUESTION 1: If God created the world, then who created god? and who created whoever created god? So somewhere along the line something had to just be there.

There was no before or after God (by definition of course). Proofed by Revelation 1:8, Revelation 21:6, Revelation 22:13.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

So why can't we just skip the idea of god and go straight to earth?

There was no claim that I know of that the earth always did and will exist, even by non-believing fellow scientists.

QUESTION 2: If we expect God to subscribe to one religion at the exclusion of all the others, then should't we expect damnation as a matter of chance?

There is no expectation that God would subscribe to a religion created by man, of course, it works the other way around. James 1:27, Isaiah 55:8

There is no 'chance' with God, that belongs to a different religion than Christianity. Job 36:5, Proverbs 19:21

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." - Proverbs 19:21

Clock me at about ten minutes. If I were standing outside trying to say the same, I'm sure it would talke must longer.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I appreciate the confidence, though I'm still looking stuff up because I only know whereabouts its found. All very good points and topics to discuss, I'll give it my best:

QUESTION 1: If God created the world, then who created god? and who created whoever created god? So somewhere along the line something had to just be there.

There was no before or after God (by definition of course). Proofed by Revelation 1:8, Revelation 21:6, Revelation 22:13.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

So why can't we just skip the idea of god and go straight to earth?

There was no claim that I know of that the earth always did and will exist, even by non-believing fellow scientists.

There is no expectation that God would subscribe to a religion created by man, of course, it works the other way around. James 1:27, Isaiah 55:8

There is no 'chance' with God, that belongs to a different religion than Christianity. Job 36:5, Proverbs 19:21

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." - Proverbs 19:21

Clock me at about ten minutes. If I were standing outside trying to say the same, I'm sure it would talke must longer.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by saint4God]

I appreciate your response, i wouldn't say i'm convinced myself but thanks for the response, many would have thrown it back in my face. You're pretty good at referencing your scriptures.

God says different things in different scriptures, who's right? What happens if Islam says something that Christianity condemns or vice versa, how do i know that the big fellow (the guy that has and always will be) will be happy with my decision? When scriptures contradict each other?

I don't get it. How can man know god? I don't think he can and i think, in my opinion, thats why all the scriptures are contrasting; Man made god? Again i'm not being slanderous or disrespectful - but these are the questions i think about.

Peace out.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I appreciate your response, i wouldn't say i'm convinced myself but thanks for the response,

I hope I'm not the one doing the convincing. If I convince someone of something, that's good for a few days, maybe weeks tops. If God convinces, there's really no going back.

many would have thrown it back in my face.

That's not cool, I'm not a fan of arrogance myself.

You're pretty good at referencing your scriptures.

Thank you! I'll take the compliment as they are both rare and hard to come by

God says different things in different scriptures,

This is the part where I say, "such as?". It's a bit of a blanket statement to which I can only repond with an equally blanket reply:

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace." - Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

If you're asking if God changes His mind, the answer is "yes", but it seems more for our benefit in learning about who He is rather than just some flippant decision making.

who's right?

God is, no one else. Christ says, "I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me." I found it to be true, having to know God before knowing Christ.

What happens if Islam says something that Christianity condemns or vice versa, how do i know that the big fellow (the guy that has and always will be) will be happy with my decision?

Talk to the big fellow. Ask Him.

I don't get it. How can man know god?

Just like any relationship, both parties have to show an interest in getting to know one another. God has already said He wants all of us to know Him...so that makes it our move as individuals.

I don't think he can and i think, in my opinion, thats why all the scriptures are contrasting; Man made god? Again i'm not being slanderous or disrespectful - but these are the questions i think about.

Peace out.

I don't think these are disrespectful questions at all. It's not asking questions that get us in trouble, it's thinking we know the answer when we don't. It's worth all of us investigating where scripture came from (God? or Man-made?) so long as we keep an open mind until we find the truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

these are the questions i think about.

It is good to question.

When he found out God was going to destroy Sodom, Abraham questioned God. Genesis 18:25

Abraham was a faithful man and was later known as God's friend. James 2:23

[edit on 21-6-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

It is good to question.

When he found out God was going to destroy Sodom, Abraham questioned God. Genesis 18:25

Abraham was a faithful man and was later known as God's friend. James 2:23

Hehe, yeah, and Abraham successful negotiates with God as well:

"The LORD said, "If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake."

Then Abraham spoke up again: "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city because of five people?"

"If I find forty-five there," he said, "I will not destroy it."

Once again he spoke to him, "What if only forty are found there?"
He said, "For the sake of forty, I will not do it."

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?"
He answered, "I will not do it if I find thirty there."

Abraham said, "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?"
He said, "For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it."

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?"
He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it."

When the LORD had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home." - Genesis 18:26-33

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
the scriptures say : thou shall mot pronounce his name, thou shall not write his name, thou shall not make any painted or graven images of him.

Now, consider Moses to have been the first Lightbringer of jewish people. it is one reason for him to be depicted with the horns of Lucifer.

The teaching Moses became, was nothing more then the teachings of Abraham, the Kabbalah with it's 10 sephirot. He wrote the wisdom of Kabbalah into the story contained in the first 4 Rolls of the Penatateuch, the 5 books, the last one being the deuteronomy or the treatise on man and woman.

The Kabbalah teaches this. At Beginning (bere#, the first word of genesis) there was Nothing. Nothing is the Absolute. The Absolute needs nothing, misses nothing and thus is nothing and nothing is perfect. This is God, the creator called Ein. So, being nothing became by thought of itself en existence that is an emanation of his own. This came out of his thought, the word he spoke and that followed it. This emanation became an infinite space filled with nothing, a dark lightless void. This void is called Ein Soph. In the void he crated the infinite light called Ein Soph Or. Now, we have what we call the negative Matrix, the Olam Ein Sof.
This Contender with the 3 elements that contain it are described in a formula with 4 letters, Yod, Heh, Vau, Heh. YHWH the Tetragrammaton, the name of God you cant speak, write or depict.

So, now, tell me how one, who ever it is, can make a painted picture or a graven Image of nothing or a mathematic algebric formula ?

I will now enter in further teachings of Kabballah. Remember that just any cult or religion, secret society are based on this principle and while secret societies explore the secrets of Kabbalah and the reality that explains all around you, the Religions miss use it's wisdom and have just copied the story told in the scriptures in which the Kabbalah is hidden, written in branches and codes in the gematria of jewish and greek alphabets.

That is probably a fair answer to this question. Note that the absolute was alone to create the Olam Ein Sof and thus consider it to be an immaculate conception. Out of this element who was only made with the goal to bestow from him became the positive time limited matrix, our material world which is a mirrored image of it. Nothing and nobody can live with receiving only and this is the reason why it created an image to whom it could bestow since it could not give anything back to the creator this one being nothing and needing or wanting nothing. Here it made it in it's image, but able of giving and receiving and out of those 2 states became our inner ego, our individual way of thinking and acting.

Now, we can say that he made faults as well since when we see the result it brings us to the thought that once we find him where ever it is we have definitely something to complain about.

We are a part of it and it is a part of us, we need to seek God in ourselves and instead of praying, act. You are all the masters in your own Temple, you are the masons who need to repair him and keep him up. He was only the architect of all including your temple. Always think about it and remember that whenever you have a request, a prayer, address it to yourself, the being hidden in that body and that is prisoner of it, crucified on the beams of way to go and time you have to make this way. You all are the crucified on that cross. Once you realize this, all religions will become obsolete and quakery. The most beautiful words of love and understanding don't help anyone if one is not able to understand the basic concept of it, what you are, who you are and what you are her for.

I will not enter here deeper in the wisdom of Kabbalah, enter the site of Bnai Baruch and you get there the base of Kabbalah. That is only the first step, the way to understand all of it is long, but, it will certainly change much in the way you see all around you and the way you live.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree that you remove or replace the word sh.t or excrement related by asterisks what is in my way nonsense. The fact that you place in a word that contains that 4 letters an asterisk is stupid. Beres-hit is the first word of the Penateteuch written by Moses and this has nothing to do at all with what you replace here by an asterisk, holly pot of stinking matter.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I would like to ask people who believe in God and Jesus, who say "Thou shalt not make graven images", how that believe that they should?

As the Lord stated they would rather worship the created things than the Creator.

Matthew
15:8 ‘These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 15:9 And in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.’”

Acts
20:29 For I know that after my departure, vicious wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 20:30 Men will arise from among your own selves, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.

Romans
16:17 Now I beg you, brothers, look out for those who are causing the divisions and occasions of stumbling, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and turn away from them. 16:18 For those who are such don’t serve our Lord, Yeshua the Messiah, but their own belly; and by their smooth and flattering speech, they deceive the hearts of the innocent.

2 Corinthians
11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them that desire an occasion, that in which they boast, they may be found even as we. 11:13 For such men are false emissaries, deceitful workers, masquerading as Messiah’s emissaries. 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. 11:15 It is no great thing therefore if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Galatians
1:6 I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Messiah to a different “good news”; 1:7 and there isn’t another “good news.” Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Messiah.

That different good news is what is taught today and is a perversion of the truth.

666 is 6=vav=nail 60=samech=prop 400=tav=cross 200=resh=head (leader). This is the 4 elements of the crucifix. It is an idol no matter what name you apply to it. The Messiah said many would come in his name. That is why the beast's name totals 616 J=yod=10 e=niqqud=n/a s=shin=300 u=vav=6 s=shin=300. As Moses lifted up the serpent so the son of man had to be lifted up but the people later worshipped the image and King Hezekiah destroyed it, as the Lord said when he prophesied about the anti-christ "Lord, Lord why have you forsaken me".

This is why he says to come out of her my children.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

He didn't ask you to quote mine the bible. If i want to make graven image of an imaginary person you think is overseeing the univese then i will (if its not going to kill or hurt another human)

Lets make our own religion, lets make it an invisble teapot that judges you and condemns you to a life in boiling water if you live your life "wrong" according to the teapot. Lets write some rules that you must abide by, even if they may be against love, or freedom of human expression, Lets say people need it and without it, they are "sinners"

Anyone want to join my teapot religion? It has just as much credibility and logic as most of these other religions? Its cool, and we offer love, and compassion, not going to mention freedom, but its all cool, i'm not going to mention the bad stuff that we write in the scripture, and so what if he's a bad, angry, jelous teapot sometimes, he won't boil you if your cool.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It appears you have a very like mindedness with Christianity in your understanding of the scriptures. They also see your boiling pot and preach it. We also find so many are quick to point out what they see as discrepancies in the books of the bible but very slow to point out the similarities.

When the scriptures are used to point out the shortcomings in Christian doctrines, they themselves admit they have doubts about the validity of the bible or its interpretation.

Instead of looking at the bible through Christian interpretation how about looking at it from what the writer's motivation was and information they were trying to convey. In the beginning for example. The writer never conveyed a 24 hour period for each day nor did they convey a thousand year period for each day. So why the interpretations as such? It seems obvious people like following after fairytale stories and so it would make sense how the rest of their interpretations are more fable than fact. Even if one believes it was a fairytale it still could be interpreted with more sensibility. Even on the surface it doesn't appear the writers were complete imbeciles. From that writing alone it would appear each time period was a very long time as we consider time. It seems obvious that it isn't even the seventh day yet. We would still be in the sixth day. That would mean mankind is in the process of being created in the image of God. In fact the rest of the books follow suit with this way of thinking. That is why the Messiah said to the criminals beside him, before the day is done we will be in paradise together. There is a lot more on this subject and if you look at the scriptures with that understanding you will find a lot of support from other biblical writers.

As for judging the biblical God, in at least the USA people are supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. For those that are judging God as if he is a criminal they themselves do not have enough evidence to prove or disprove whether there is justification to his acts. Do you have enough evidence to prove your accusations in a court of law? I mean really? or are you just going by a book you yourself think you have interpreted correctly and cast your own hell fire and brimstone. Interestingly Atheism and Christianity sound so much alike in their understanding of scripture.

Nonetheless regardless of what one thinks of the scriptures there are prophecies about what would take place throughout our history. If you don't believe in the teachings at least the fulfilling of the prophecies should attest to its viability. If you look at the scriptures they point out to exactly what was in the last post we wrote. Jesus is an anti-christ and soon to be the anti-christ. The scriptures say 666 and 616 are numbers of a beast and his name. The name adds up to 616 the way many have tried adding up other names only Jesus actually adds up to it. J is a yod is 10, e is a niqqud it is neither a letter or a number, s is a shin and is 300, u is a vav and is 6, and s again is a shin and is 300. 616 is a number of his name. and the scriptures say an image would be made and people would bow down to it and worship it.

Well 666 is nail, prop, cross, and head (which is leader) that is the image. According to the scriptures this image would be placed in the holy of holies. According to the scriptures if you don't bow down and worship this thing you will not be able to buy or sell anything. Atheists, that goes for you also. Don't believe this now? Then just wait and see. However see if the name Jesus really does add up to not only 616 but see if he really fits all of the anti-christ aka beast, man of sin, abomination of desolation and any other descriptives used for one who would deceive the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Atheists, that goes for you also. Don't believe this now? Then just wait and see...

we'll wait and see then.

and as for this statement

As for judging the biblical God, in at least the USA people are supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. For those that are judging God as if he is a criminal they themselves do not have enough evidence to prove or disprove whether there is justification to his acts.

There is nothing there to prove innocent or guilty anyway so that statement is pretty irrelevent to your argument.

And that is the atheist stance; there is not enough proof or evidence of a deity or metaphysical being therefore claims in the knowledge of its mind are clearly unknowable. Unprovable. Its claims are unfalsifiable, its like me talking about my invisible friend.

What about my teapot religion? are you saying that theory is innocent until proven guilty? and should be taken seriously? for if not ....you will all BOIL in hell. I obviously don't mean that but most religious people do believe us atheists should burn in hell, is that right? in this day and age?

You think we are the narrow-minded, ignorant skeptics but that is hippocracy of the worst kind, we are the ones whom question everything, if it fails in logic, reason or rationality. We are the open minded ones.

If evidence came about to the contrary (.ie. God jumped out and said Hello) then atheists would HAVE to change our belief system based on the new evidence and information. We are the open-minded ones, we are the more scientific, and science is progressive, it changes its mind based on new information in the search for truth. Religion taints the truth with information that is not available. Its acceptance, not question. Its slavery of the mind, of your individuality, turns you into a sheep. That is my opinon. Call me a sinner, call me what ever you want.

Peace with hope.

[edit on 26/6/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

we'll wait and see then.

We thought so, and that in itself is better than nothing.

There is nothing there to prove innocent or guilty anyway so that statement is pretty irrelevent to your argument.

Not sure where you come up with that statement. It is a very prevalent argument with Atheists that God is guilty of sin himself as well as murdering innocent people including children. So then the answer to Atheists is there line of thinking is irrevelent then since they have no evidence? So why does it keep coming up as a prevelent argument? There is a lot of discrepancy between Atheists beliefs and arguments. In fact in speaking with an Atheist he said one reason he did not believe in God is because there was no universal beliefs about him. However, other Atheists claimed since the religions all had universal beliefs that was the reason they weren't believable.

And that is the atheist stance; there is not enough proof or evidence of a deity or metaphysical being therefore claims in the knowledge of its mind are clearly unknowable. Unprovable. Its claims are unfalsifiable, its like me talking about my invisible friend.

Lack of evidence or lack of understanding it doesn't necessarily prove or disprove anything except for possible ignorance. Sometimes the best answer based on the available evidence or lack of understanding it is "I don't know" and let the search continue.

What about my teapot religion? are you saying that theory is innocent until proven guilty? and should be taken seriously? for if not ....you will all BOIL in hell. I obviously don't mean that but most religious people do believe us atheists should burn in hell, is that right? in this day and age?

We figured you weren't serious about the teapot and we took it as an example of others seemingly senseless beliefs. Yes they do believe Atheists and anybody else outside of their beliefs should burn in hell but that just proves they don't follow after what they read. Love thy enemy, put others above yourself, do to others as you want them to do to you, turn the other cheek, do not murder/kill, don't judge lest you be judged, the list goes on. Our family does not believe Atheists or anyone should burn in hell. He said who ever hasn't sinned cast the first stone. Christians admit they are sinners, so how can they cast any stones especially since they believe the wages of sin is death. That is what we mean they make no sense. But like we stated they have convinced even the Atheists to believe their misunderstandings of scriptures.

You think we are the narrow-minded, ignorant skeptics but that is hippocracy of the worst kind, we are the ones whom question everything, if it fails in logic, reason or rationality. We are the open minded ones.

We will agree that most of the Atheists we have come accross come accross in a very extremely intelligent and intellectual manner. There is no doubt about that. The only issue we have is when it comes to biblical things they look at it from a Christian point of view and their interpretations.

If evidence came about to the contrary (.ie. God jumped out and said Hello) then atheists would HAVE to change our belief system based on the new evidence and information. We are the open-minded ones, we are the more scientific, and science is progressive, it changes its mind based on new information in the search for truth.

Our family is counting on this. That is why we want the dialogue.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Riley Family
It is a very prevalent argument with Atheists that God is guilty of sin himself as well as murdering innocent people including children.

Innocent until proven guilty, its the basic premise of our law systems worldwide (mostly) i would find someone who killed in the name of God guilty, because there is no evidence to say his actions were "good" just because he used "God" as an exuse because you cannot prove that it was God, just his physcotic thoughts.

Its not a prevailing argument that God is guilty, its a prevailing argument that God is a man-made concept and is used to kill in vain, murder, slander, condemn, therefore man is guilty if you knew anything about law and order.

What does an atheist shout when he flies a plane into a building, what does an atheist shout when he burns down a church? He doesn't becuase he's not trying to impose his beliefs on people, only challenge theirs.

God has been used throughout history to allow terrible acts, and yes you can talk about charity and togetherness and all those distractions but you still need to prove why people "NEED" religion.

Think before you speak, you can't accuse and invisible man to be guilty, but you can accuse the people doing to terrible things in the name of invisible man, because their logic path is flawed, why did they do those terrible things, whats the exuse...."god"

Wake up, show some compassion for our fellow human beings instead of telling them what to believe, or preaching your nonsense, or quote mining from bible, well lets see some Homosexual bullying in the bible, lets hear about the women getting stoned, lets hear about cities of people being enslaved and pillaged because they worship a different god.

The fact of the matter is all of these religions are just as credible as the other one, but someone of them have different rules, you can't eat ham, you can't do this, you can't do that so you religious people should expect damnation (hell) as a matter of chance, the chance that you've picked the correct religion. that your religion is an acurate representation of god and his wishes. Have you got a right? People with faith always seem puzzled by this fact or question but they still continue to be ignorant.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Nice to see Christians keeping the Sabbath day too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join