It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
Human stupidity at its finest. What gives us the right to kill something? Because its not as intelligent as we humans? We gods? People who like killing and violence are less evolved than a tree. Someday something more intelligent than ourselves is going to start hunting us; maybe they already have.....

Are you serious? maybe you should go to youtube and look up PIG BOMB.

These things are PESTS. They cause millions of dollars in damage and compete with the natural animals of the surrounding eco system.

They are invaders that destroy crops nd the landscape. They attack humans and destroy roads.

Do you feel the same way about rats in your home? I bet not. You probably put out a mouse trap or call the exterminator.

OH THOSE POOR RATS!

They are pests and the state governments WANT people to do this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
yes they are considered as pests, but they are not as dangerous as some might like to think, any animal who feels threatened will attack to some degree.
these wild pigs usually won't defend when approached and will run for miles to get away.

not worth the money for night scopes, when a cheaper $100 model used during the day will do the same job, who wants to sneak around at night anyway and most likely get themselves hurt by not seeing anything except through a scope.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I agree and watching this made my blood boil!!!

I am all for hunting if its for food purposes and not just to kill something. This is down right murder and this should damn well be illegal!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Many of you are under the flase assumption that this is "hunting"...it is not really hunting.

THIS IS EXTERMINATION.

just as you exterminate rats or roaches.......you exterminate wild pigs.

They are pests.

The GOV basically wants you to go out and kill as many as you can. Inf fact they have pretty much given free reign.

Want to kill 200 in one night? If you can find them GO AHEAD. Its legal and actually encouraged.

Why? because they are PESTS. how many times do i and others have to explain it to you PETA morons?

They destroy crops and peoples livlihoods.

They destroy the landscap for years to come.

They destroy roads.

They attack and kill humans and have killed dozens of dogs.

They are destabilizing the natural Eco system of other animals? why? because these Hogs run...they never stop migrating. They will run 100 miles and along with way meet up with other hogs and spread there species across state borders.

Even ecological scientists agree...they must be stoped and exterminated

THEY ARE PESTS AND MUST BE EXTERMINATED.

so the 'hunting' in hog hunting...is used very loosely.

We hunted them to the brink of extinction in europe...why? BECAUSE THEY ARE PESTS!!!!!

and we can and WILL do it again.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
strange stuff, keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To kill a live being for target practice is just %&* up. Real men hunt in the wilderness only taking what they need and they are grateful for it; no balls, no spine pussies hunt on game farms.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sadwolf

For those who aren't paying attention- the hunters in the OP are NOT on a "game farm". They are with a professional guide, on a farmer's land, paid by that farmer for the express purpose of killing off the wild pigs on his property. Nobody is "raising these pigs just to shoot them". They are wild pests, the farmer wants them dead, because they are trashing his fields. These hunts are akin to calling in an exterminator. These pigs are EVERYWHERE in the South, they are a nuisance.

These hunts are not all at the same farm. This video was all at one farm, because it was shot over a single night. The hunters move from farm to farm, as they are asked to do so by various property owners.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by moonwilson]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When they were shooting the little pigs, was that pig parts flying off? OINK,OINK WEEEE, WEEEE, WEEEE. What kind of gun did he say that he used.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

You are a novice in dreamland that much is true.
I am proud of greater than one shot one kill.
I am proud of the 448 yard shot.
I have shot killed and field dressed in the neighborhood of sixty deer.
Ate them all.
Have shot and killed crows, prarie dogs, coyotes, about a thousand feral cats, which these guys are shooting feral pigs.
Goats have overrun Easter Island and there are funds to pay shoooters to come kill goats.
Plus I have shot and killed fifteen to twenty dogs on several different times, that were packing up and running livestock.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You scumbag, you better eat all that you prick. I'll be back to check replies and i'll give you my GPS co-ords if you want them. Yank #in scum.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Can't watch it all.. I just wanna kill the guy shooting them.

F*cking humans!
I wish I had an eldar exarch aspect armour, I would play around with these guys, wound them.. torture them a little bit and then finish them off and leave them for my Hannibal Lecter style hogs.

Have you lost your mind? The pigs are a nuisance and not native to this land. They are very mean and will tear you limb from limb if you corner one. Maybe you should put yourself in the farmers shoes, wake up one morning to have half your crop gone because of these foreign pigs.

Scroll down to see what they do to our land.
bigdogoutdoors.com...

It was an emotional response written in the heat of the moment, I don't like seeing animals shot, is that so bad? yes I'm gonna find those guys and make pigs eat them after I torture them.

I didn't know anything about the details, for all I knew they were shooting them for fun or for testing the scope, I should have read more and cooled down, oh well what can you do.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
camouflage works on many wavelengths, as do countermeasures (think of starshells, which will temporarily blind the shooter and maybe even reveal him) . understanding is key along with awareness.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
To kill a live being for target practice is just %&* up. Real men hunt in the wilderness only taking what they need and they are grateful for it; no balls, no spine pussies hunt on game farms.
Once again, THIS IS NOT TARGET PRACTICE!

The feral hogs are PESTS. A non-native invasive species that affect the ecosystem very negatively. Wild hogs are also dangerous to be around.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

These same sorts are the types who you hear SCREAM about pet owners who release them wild when they don't know what to do with them anymore. Here in FL we hear all sorts of noise about iguanas and such, which have no hope of ever causing the damage that hogs do. But then you shoot a hog and now you're a sadistic scumbag who needs to be tortured and killed slowly.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Sounds like these things are necessities, which I have no problem with. At first it just sounded like you just wanted to sound cruel and hunt for "sport." But these sorts of things actually help the farms and are at times necessary.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Everyone is taking this entirely out of context. Reduced to the basics: this scope allows you to zone in on heat signatures, and make critical shots against multiple threats. Nice scope!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

This means you can get your SCOPE, and look at me in my room doing "private things". This thermal imaging stuff is a HUGE invasion of privacy.

You can watch me and my wife, through our walls!!!!
CRAZY stuff for real!!

I just cannot believe it. Citizens can get a scope that can watch me inside my house. My own neighbors can be watching me now??!

Where do you get your information??!!!!

Thermal scopes can't even see through your glass window let alone the walls. You cannot take what you see from action movies and apply it to the real world.

Do your research instead of posting information that is just going to misdirect people.

Don't believe me? Well find me a real example of a thermal sight imaging through a wall, or even glass for that matter.

How do I know? Here is my website.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Yeah. It's brutal, and that could be YOU.

Lesson learned.

Your enemy shows up at night with that scope, with your crew lacking any form of night vision, and you have no chance whatsoever.

Decent cover and a few good spotlights aimed in the general direction of the shooter is all it would take to completely disable the scope... and the eyeballs behind it.

So, the scope and rifle would be even more powerful if you lacked lights, and cover, guns. Also if you lacked legs or pants.

Oh, if you were asleep in the pitch black night too.

Or, if you were a hog.

Spotlights wont disable the scope. It is not an image intensifier based technology. In fact thermal imagers are often used to see past blooming light sources.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Question.

How many rounds can you shoot with a scope like this before the heated barrel causes heat interference?

As long as the barrel is not in the scopes field of view it will be fine. Air is transparent to the part of the spectrum that the scope's thermal imager uses so hot air from the barrel cannot be seen. Other than the same mirage effect that you'll get off of a hot barrel in an ordinary optical scope there will be no interference.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

I've been looking into thermal scopes for nature film making purposes, and have found out about combined night vision + thermal scopes. That's what i'd be keen to get my sweaty paws on. However you can never rely on technology when SHTF.

No, but it helps.

I use a thermal imager and night vision equipment for wildlife observation all the time. You would probably like my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com.../u

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join