It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seventh Seal Of The Apocalypse Has Been Opened...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So two symbolically significant lightening strikes happen on the same day, June 15th 2010 - what is the connection?

1) Lightning Strike Oil Spill: BP Says Fire On Ship Halts Containment Effort

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And

2) The Jesus statue

Assuming an intelligent creator, what is the message?

Thanks

Bravo

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Everyone makes out like this is gonna be bad and horrible. It is just #in styrofoam. what the heck. it wasn't made outta gold or anything like that. If you really think about how much styrofoam, metel rods and artist cost it shouldn't be 700,000$. IMO. On the other hand. here in detroit a pastor was caught fondling a boy.

everyone looks at the negative. no one here thinks that this may indeed bring people to the church. remember, i think ohio is a republican state. THis may bring faith to the people. a silent faith, but faith

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMNOTWHOITSAYSIAM

I think it's shameful that so many people mock Jesus when He has done nothing to deserve it, however it may of been God his Father or just a random strike of a lightning bolt.

Ok- one last time. Someone- ANYONE prove to me that Caucasian, Long Haired Jesus IS THE REAL IMAGE OF JESUS! The man was Hebrew. Say it with me- "heeee broooo" ya know, one of them folks who live over there in the middle freaking east. Which means he was not, NOT white!

This image is inaccurate, and basically a LIE- which means, it's fair game.

Not to mention- Would Jesus really want a gaudy (however inaccurate) 62 foot statue made out of Styrofoam and fiberglass in front of a church that demands you give them w-2s and dictates how much you should tithe? (see a previous post in this thread for that gem). Or did you forget that story in the NT where Jesus goes on a rampage with a whip and Went Mr. T in the temple on the money grubbers....

I think it'd send a very, very clear message if next time, the thing is ripped up by the roots in a tornado and used to beat the entire church to rubble.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
WOOHOO and a thousand hoots and hollers! I haven't felt this giddy since the steeple of the First Methodist Church here in (downtown) Shreveport (LA) was blown off by a tornado last October 29. (It was a very nice Halloween scare for all the religious nuts around here). That steeple was the tallest one on the most prominent church in the area. Oh please let these be messages from the Highest Power (at least on THIS planet) that said Power is, in fact, plainly anti-religion (yet pro-spirituality, of course). One can hope and, yes, pray, that it's true: There IS a "God" who's truly worthy of the name/title!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

LOL!!

....if next time, the thing is ripped up by the roots in a tornado....

Reminds me of a line uttered by the "christian" whackadoodle character "Ned Flanders", on The Simpsons...in regards to securing the town's 'Nativity' scene in the face of an approaching hurricane....

"Gotta go get the baby jesus; no telling what kind of damage it could do if it got loose again!"

Priceless bit of comedy, that!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ROFL! I had no idea! I havent watched the Simpsons in so long ( I gave up tv)..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Everyones talking about oil.

Has anyone asked the question, maybe thats what they want us to do?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ah I remember that statue, and indeed it may have been a bit of an eyesore but I can think of domething that far outweighs the statue in obnoxiousness, this thread. Have some taste folks....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Oh, come on!
Can't see the humorous irony?

OK...in case it hasn't been mentioned...

...some people call lightning strikes an 'act of god', primarily because of the seemingly random nature of such strikes....still with me, see where I'm gong with this?

OK...Here's the headline: "Act Of God Destroys Jesus"

It's just....you sometimes just can't make up this kind of golden comedy....it is funny, from the serendipity and utter ridiculousness of the thing!

oh, and edit for 'DTS'

(dyslexic typing syndrome...)

[edit on 15 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I feel compelled to reply because this happened in my town. To correct an earlier poster, it was a severe thunderstorm. A lot of bright lightning and loud thunder. It's funny the people around here and everywhere who have attributed this to god. Once again an event that can be chalked up to coincidence is attributed to the almighty. So is this line of thinking ... God developed a storm in the same way all storms develop a couple days in advance, had the storm produce severe weather until it got here, made thousands of lightning strikes all around, and then sent a bolt in the midst of all the others to hit the supersized jesus? Once again god has chosen to hide his wrath in a setting where his wrath can be considered coincidence. Why do people who believe god can do anything demand a little more? Now if the lightning struck in in the middle of a sunny day not a cloud in the sky, that would be odd and I could understand maybe jumping to conclusions. However, that isn't the case. It was a storm that produced a lot of dangerous lightning. Following this line of thinking, does that mean god hates the trees he made when they get struck? The only people who think this is an act of god are the people who already believe everything happens because of god. Didn't we all learn about lightning in elementary school? But once again people revert to a child like mind and dismiss things they should have learned before age 10 and attribute this act as some sort of miracle that defies their common sense.

I think the church should have to reimburse the city for the use of the services I paid for. They pay no taxes and I do, so in my eyes, they owe the city the expenses ... and believe me, they can afford it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Ok this is crazy to me.

one of 3 possibilites:

1. Pure coincidence that lightning struck and set on fire 2 objects of massive symbolic importance on the same day. or

2. God is pissed off, and has used the power of Zeus to send America a message. or

3. The Illuminati just put on a firepower demonstration of it's fully armed and operational weather modification system.

you choose. or come up with additional alternatives.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mathius

1. Pure coincidence that lightning struck and set on fire 2 objects of massive symbolic importance on the same day

I know about Toasted Jeebus- what was the other massive object?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
lightning struck and set on fire a ship that was cleaning up oil in the gulf... see Bravo's post with link above

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Everyone makes out like this is gonna be bad and horrible. It is just f_ckin styrofoam. what the heck. it wasn't made outta gold or anything like that. If you really think about how much styrofoam, metel rods and artist cost it shouldn't be 700,000$. IMO. On the other hand. here in detroit a pastor was caught fondling a boy.

everyone looks at the negative. no one here thinks that this may indeed bring people to the church. remember, i think ohio is a republican state. THis may bring faith to the people. a silent faith, but faith

Bring more people to the faith? Wait -- backup. First; that styrofoam statue probably cost $30,000 in materials tops -- and Second; "everyone looks at the negative" is followed by "here in detroit a paster was caught fondling a boy" -- I kind of think those are two negatives. You need to follow up "everybody looks at the negative about churches" and "on the other hand; here's an abortion clinic that hasn't been burned..." It's that "on the other hand" -- unless you mean that the Pastor used his right hand to burn the statue and the other hand to ... never mind.

This faith thing can also get out of hand (no pun, really) -- it only means someone with LOTS of faith is going to need more styrofoam, and then you get more burning statues which bring more people who pay money for the poor so they can create ever larger styrofoam statues which must of course, light on fire. The faith and the burning styrofoam eventually distract everyone from the Gulf Oil Gusher extinction event.

We got everybody faithful at one time -- it was called "the Dark Ages" -- I suppose because they didn't have materials that would burn so well back then.

There are people buying cheese toast on ebay because it looks like Jesus. And to me, I'd buy that burning Jesus thing because it looks like the stay puffed marshmallow beast from Ghost Busters. Which, if you find it on cheese toast or crying -- does NOT get you lots of money on Ebay. Nobody said life was fair. Your cheese toast can take on the resemblance of even Brad Pitt -- even though it will be handsome -- no buyers. It has to be just right to be miraculous.

It's great that we live in a world where there are guys who dig fat chicks and people who wait tables and so many people of faith -- because that has things covered that I'm not really into.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathius
reply to post by Bravo111

Ok this is crazy to me.

one of 3 possibilites:

1. Pure coincidence that lightning struck and set on fire 2 objects of massive symbolic importance on the same day. or

2. God is pissed off, and has used the power of Zeus to send America a message. or

3. The Illuminati just put on a firepower demonstration of it's fully armed and operational weather modification system.

you choose. or come up with additional alternatives.

4. Ghostbusters crossed the streams.

5. There is more lightning due to all the increased friction in the world, and since there is more excess lighting, it needs to land on more excessively large stupid things.

6. These things were not destroyed -- it's just God getting all the stuff for the people who will be lifted to heaven. Free pizza and beer for everyone who helps.

7. The lightning was fake AND gay -- it's all an optical illusion.

8. Both objects were connected to a large body of liquid that would conduct electricity; Tony Hayward's crocodile tears.

9. Michelle Malkin crossed her legs too quickly, one too many times.

10. There were three things of significance destroyed, but we have to believe that 2 bolts of lighting got extra lucky.

*rim shot*

Folks, I'll be here all week -- but in disguise.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Act of G-d?
second lien-line

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Actually, Ohio went to Obama in the last election.

Do you reckon that's why God smote Touchdown Jesus?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathius
lightning struck and set on fire a ship that was cleaning up oil in the gulf... see Bravo's post with link above

Jesus burning, and this?

This isn't Gods work People, it looks like Satan has returned..... probably to pick up his band of trusty followers.

Oh well, good bye Obama, it's been nice knowing ya.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Wylekat, I am just a stranger on a message forum but really wanted to send you some peaceful thoughts.

Now back on topic..

Wow.. this really gives the whole burning bush thing a run for its money eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
I've been saying for the longest time that people should not worship Jesus as the Lord. God said to only worship him and no other... just saying.

I completely agree. I hate it when you go to church and they pray to jesus our lord, etc.

Simple logic should dictate that you just pray to God and not to jesus, check out Pascals wager and apply it to is jesus god/isn't he.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join