It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seventh Seal Of The Apocalypse Has Been Opened...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Christians are wanting to believe that their God wasn't happy with the statue so he destroyed it. I have some questions.

Why did God wait to destroy it?

Why doesn't God get rid of all of the giant religious statues or idols in the world?

Why does God allow people in churches to be killed? (If it's because they're not good true Christians then why aren't most of the Christians I know all getting struck by lightning?)

Why does God allow evil and suffering to exist, especially if he's all-loving? (According to the bible, in the end he's going to end it, meaning he is in full control over it's existence.)

Why didn't God create us without evil so that there wouldn't have to be a hell where people were tortured forever?

Why aren't some serial killers stopped before they've killed over 50 people?

Why does God watch innocent children starve to death or be beaten, tortured, raped, stabbed, brutally murdered, etc. and not doing anything to stop or prevent it? (Ask a child who is starving to death about free will.)

Why does God test people even though he knows every outcome?

Why is God punishing humanity for something two people did?

Why is God punishing humanity for creating those two people with faults and testing them, knowing the outcome of the test beforehand?

Why are we punished for how we were created?

Why do we need to be forgiven for how we were created?

Why couldn't God have forgiven us without having his son beaten and nailed to a cross?

Why couldn't God have taught us about love and forgiveness without violence and death?

Why do the 10 commandments not even mention rape?

Hardly any of this religion makes sense and you guys are going to argue about why a giant Jesus statue was struck by lightning?!

(me and my typos)

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

First of all, I KNOW JESUS WAS A JEW. You are not the only person in the world that knows this. FYI, I do not like how they make Him look white, and how do you know He didn't have long hair? I guess you think they had personal barbers back then, huh?
Secondly, you treat all Christians like they were the ones that mistreated you. I'm 100% sure that I have never done anything to you. You act like you know me and all my beliefs, but you are very wrong about me my friend. I do not go to church, because I refuse to listen to a human preach at me, knowing they are all sick, greedy hypocrites. I do not give money to any church, only to the needy themselves. I do not believe in a book that was written by man, as I know all men lie.
I believe in the true word of Christ and God, the word that lives within my soul that has been there for many years now, for I was once an agnostic.
So I would appreciate if you could stop including me in your generic posts on Christians, for I am not mainstream. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by hippomchippo

But he loves you!

Hippo
You know. damn it, you just had to cross the line didn't ya.
That's ok dosn't make you a bad person and
that was fun while it lasted.
If God didn't love us we wouldn't be here. Simple as that.

Good lord do you have to reply seriously to every one of my jokes?
That was a carlin routine, I'm sure you've heard of George Carlin right?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Ya know.... those who scream loudest are the most guilty, right? Exactly like the little kid who when his parents wonder how the cookie jar landed on the floor screams 'IT WASN'T ME! I SWEAR!' before anyone really questions him......?

I smells guilt. You may not have done anything to *me*, but you certainly did this to someone else, and the guilt is bleeding thru like a Sharpie on toilet paper.

Toasted Butter Jeebus sees your naughty, and disapproves!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Drum roll please.....

I have to agree with you on this post!
Jesus/Yeshua was hebrew and we don't
know what He looked like.I don't think
He would have had long hair either.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

AGAIN, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. You do not know that I take care of people like you every day, even though some of them commit atrocites, I still give them loving care and understanding. So don't demonize me to make yourself feel better, in the end, it will only create more guilt within yourself.
Your right I am guilty, guilty of giving a damn.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Now if there is a sign of the end of the world that has to be it

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Some facts about lightning:

1: "There are some 16 million lightning storms in the world every year."
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

16 million is a big number. Thats 16 million in just one year, so divide that into 365 and you get 43836 on average a day! so it is entirely feasible that 2 lightning storms will happen on one day, and with the size of the oil spill being a factor, its not improbable it will be struck.

2: Lightning will take the shortest route to the ground.
Source: primary school

This is basic science everyone should know. This statue was the largest one of jesus in the US, so it probably stood quite high. The higher the object the more likely it is to attract lightning. Try standing in an open field in a storm to see what I mean.

This of course is assuming it actually was hit by lightning.

It amazes me how rather than look to using their brains in figuring out what happened, people here just play the "God did it!" card to spread their beliefs further, without even considering the possibility that it was either just a freak accident or deliberately caused.

I always thought this site was about denying ignorance, im really not so sure now.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I agree. Saying God struck it down is stupid. It was just a matter of time. This was a completely random thing. If it had been a giant statue of a giraffe, the result would have been the same.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not a huge fan of religious people or organized religion in general... but gotta love Touchdown Jesus.

OH ELECTRICITY, HOW CAN YOU BE SO CRUEL!?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Drum roll please..... I have to agree with you on this post! Jesus/Yeshua was hebrew and we don't know what He looked like.I don't think He would have had long hair either.

Exactly. I have been assured thru my own experiences that if the image is flawed, so flawed is what is attached to it. Would you buy a cheap Rolex knockoff? I did, just for funsies in Hong Kong. Ended up with a Bolex, pried the back off, and found.... junk. Good thing I paid only $10 for it.

Same diff- I pried the back off of Pasty White Jeebus, and I found... junk. Look how the Christian Church is (yes, there's exceptions.). The greed, the high rolling pastors/ ministers- the for profit selling of the gifts. The misleading sermons- the list goes on and on.

Why are people so accepting of a fake? Is the real too much to handle?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

That was not stone, silly. Look at the remaining framework. It was simply plaster over chickenwire!!
But, seriously- how funny, is the entire situation??? "THOU SHALT NOT WORSHIP GRAVEN IMAGES". That thing, CERTAINLY looked-like a "graven image", to me!! (But- I have a simple stone circle, in the woods behind my home).
Hey, God- have you seen that MEGA-church (United Methodist) in Tulsa??
It looks like a "tower of Babel", to ME!! (Just dropping a hint!!)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by wylekat

Drum roll please.....

I have to agree with you on this post!
Jesus/Yeshua was hebrew and we don't
know what He looked like.I don't think
He would have had long hair either.

Yes, Jesus did have long hair. Jesus wasn't just any ole Hebrew. He was a Nazerine. All Nazerites took a vow never to cut their hair.

This whole mess would not have happened if the owner used a simple lightening rod. An Act of god or nature had nothing to do with it.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

My church preaches that Jesus/Yeshua
did not have long hair.I will stick to what
my pastor preaches!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Ahabstar

Think about it.

It is a huge planet.

What are the chances of lightning striking that statue?

The statue has been struck down by a power bigger than lightning.

Think about it. It's a huge statue, sticking up from an otherwise flat lake/pond.

There's a reason lightning rods stick up in the air. There's a reason you don't avoid getting wet in a thunderstorm by standing under the only tree on the golf course.

I'd say the chances were pretty good. And no, it was lightning that knocked it down. Anything else is unsupportable conjecture.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
The loss of "Touchdown Jesus" is making headlines worldwide:

People around the world are taking what happened about 6 hours ago very seriously.

I suppose people have already started blaming Obama for this...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Thou shalt not make graven images out of styrofoam and fiberglass.

Agreed, good riddance to the "Butter Jesus". Cost $250k to make, estimate is $750k to replace and make 'fireproof". How many people could actually be shown Gods love in a tangible way with that money instead,.... sad.

This pastor and his also pastor wife may find Jesus saying to them 'Begone I never knew you" when they finally see him in person.

On a separate note what kind of idiot makes a steel framed monstrosity, coats it with a flammable skin and does not build a lightning rod nearby. *facepalm*

[edit on 16-6-2010 by slane69]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OmG! the truth comes our finally - Jesus was a terminator robot!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Im amazed it only burnt the statue and nothing surrounding it, nothing else caught fire with the big blaze.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
From salvation, to desolation.

Rings true in this cruel multiverse sometimes...

Thanks for the pictures!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join