It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would any Higher Deity want to save humans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
We have proved that we are the lowest of the low.

The unspeakable things humans do does not make humans worthy of a saviour.

If we are to be saved, it is only because some entity has decided to save us, in spite of the fact that we are not worth it.

But it is worth thinking about a few things:

A lot of humans are heroes, saviours and brilliant.

Babies are born innocent and beautiful in every way.

There would be hope for humanity, if we could get rid of all the hatred and greed.

I hope some of us can make it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Since ALL each-humans is a individual, then certain individual would have something called, faith - beliving in something, a somebody created all. And the "creater-being" knowing all, would see/notice that the individual human is "praying/beliving"... and so, certain miracle(s) then happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
OP - Can I ask you if you have ever meditated? i.e cleared your head of everything blocking out everything around you and just looking within?

If you have you would know just how powerful us human beings are in this state of being and therefore, you would have no need to post this question.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Jesus chose to die for our sins because, while some may say he doesn't give a damn and why doesn't he stop this and that, he really cares and loves his creation.

He has great mercy, and while it may be really easy for him to let us all just destroy ourselves and send everyone to hell, he has made it possible for all those who ask for forgiveness to be forgiven and be saved.

He's also a righteous God and he has to punish sin, he will not make anyone who doesn't want to be forgiven or believe in him by force. He will honor the choice people have made to turn away from him and will have them deal with the consequences of such a decision.

God tells us that the majority of the people love sin and will never choose him over it. God would love to gives us as much time as possible to see the errors of our ways and get back to loving him, but he states that he has to cut the days short because if he didn't we would end up completely and utterly destroying ourselves off the planet.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Do you have a pet?

Reason I say this is because the bible states that man has authority over animals and even without a bible, it is clear to see but animals just like humans can be destructive.

I have two cats, I cherish them and adore them but they can still be little rips at times if they do something that I do not want them to do. That does not mean that they do not deserve food, shelter and comfort from me. My cats wont know any better either unless I train them not to do something that is wrong. When it comes to understanding animals such as cats alone, they have tails that indicate their mood, they purr to indicate mood, they miow when they want food, indicate distress when they are sick, they are custom made for a human being to understand their wants and needs. The cats not aware of this, it cant see it at all but a human being can see it.

Think about it for a second and animals are not something we have even created yet we cherish our pets and provide for them. I could go on about children as well and that would be an excellent example as well.

Im not saying that humans are God's animals but I am trying to convey how we look in God's eyes when it comes to the way we act. It takes a lot to anger God just like it would take a lot to anger a human with their pet.

We are still not worthy in any way, thats what makes it so special.

I hope that makes sense and I think it was your username that made me think of the cats here but it was just an example that sprung to mind.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yes,I have done that and yes, I need this post.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Im pretty sure KFC would be the best fried chicken in the galaxy...

That alone is worth saving, but then theres this guy:

I understand where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have sort of a theory, that we can only go so high as we go so low.

A lot of [all?] things are measured on a relative basis.

Without pain, would you relish pleasure as much? Relief from pain almost feels like pleasure.

Would nobility be such a cherished characteristic, if all contemptible, despicable behavior were suddenly gone?

Numbers on a number line are given magnitude by the differentiation of their positions. Points freefloating in space loose those meanings.

As for why a higher being might save us is if they were insanely, empathetically neurotic about us.
I suppose if our adrenal glands were particularly tasty . . .

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS01A
Jesus chose to die for our sins

Personally, I dont think Jesus had a choice. Jesus was doomed to die because he spoke against the Lord God of Israel. Jesus worshiped the true God and was murdered because of it. Jesus sacrificed his life because of the truth, not for our sins. It was our will to sin that killed Jesus.

Before Jesus was handed over to the accusers, the people had a choice between two suspects. And the people chose the murderer instead of a man of peace.

You see, the people were to scared to sacrifice for the truth like Jesus did. And this is still the case until this day.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Lowest of the low? As opposed to what exactly? We're animals, what exactly would you want from us? Now sure we do some despicable things but I think if you study other apes you'll find quite similar behaviors, perhaps not on the massive scale that we have but you do find murder and war (just for two examples) in Chimp behavior.

If we are to be saved, it is only because some entity has decided to save us, in spite of the fact that we are not worth it.

Hoping for some supernatural savior from on high is a relic of times past. We can move beyond that now and indeed I believe we have to if we're going to create a sustainable world. We need to start doing things for ourselves and grow up as a species. We need to stop waiting for superman to save us and do it ourselves (just like the Genesis song Land of Confusion says
)

There would be hope for humanity, if we could get rid of all the hatred and greed.

There is hope for humanity because hatred and greed are not the only traits we possess, we also have empathy and compassion. Part of that stems from our evolution (nature) and part of it is the values we are instilled with as children (nurture). I think there is hope, we have to believe there is not for our sakes but for the sake of future generations.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS01A
Jesus chose to die for our sins because,...

LOL, that sounds like something those that murdered him made up to help sooth their guilty conscience. "He wanted to die, really, he was begging for it." Sure, after some icky hewmons ripped his flesh off and nailed him to a stick to rot and die.

Seriously, humans are nasty creature. They even make up crap like "we're suppose have dominion over these animals, we can do with them as we freaking please." Please ... I doubt any creator of all this put us here on this planet to learn how to grill a sentient life form. This world is filled with heathens with blood all over their hands, lips, and in their bellies, and any god that would get its rocks off on THAT would be a god "I" would rake to death and nail to a stick if I ever got my hands around its sick disgusting putrid neck.

I worship nature, gaia, not any of those 4000+ evil sick disgusting scumbag fake idol deities that 89% of these murderous humans on this planet worship. I don't eat death for dinner like them sick dogmatic ones with blood in their bellies either (I can resist the temptation to eat murder for lunch, while the heathens apparently can't, ha, they must taste murder on the end of their little forked tongues in order to gratify their selfish blood thirsty desires).

Anyhow, the OP is right, why would any deity, real or fake, want to save a crappy species such as humanity has become. Humans are the terrorists on this planet and there is no mistaking that, and I hope mother nature kicks most of them off the planet before the end of next year.

Damn humanity to hell!!! (spare the few that don't have dead carcasses in their bellies, ha) Good riddance to the rest of ya though. I hope you make it to heaven, where your god has dominion over YOU and is probably waiting to turn ya'll into a meatloaf for dinner. Bye bye .. bye bye hewmons .. bye bye ...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS01A

According to the Bible, Jesus did not create us, God did.

Firstly, I do not believe the Bible because it was written by a lot of liars - I mean people.

Secondly, "God" and "Jesus" are different, according to the Bible.

Thirdly, "God" made his beloved son "Jesus, die on the cross, according to the Bible.

I restate my question - who would save mankind?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
We have proved that we are the lowest of the low.

Um, I must have missed that memo ..

The unspeakable things humans do does not make humans worthy of a saviour.

I suppose we can be quite unforgivable, however, there remains exponential amounts of good and that is more important than the bad. Focus on that.

I wouldn't say that. What if we are not at the end of a journey, rather just going through a rough patch? What if Earth is one of the most challenging places to live and grow? This is just one miniscule place amongst a plethora of other incomprehensible existences. Earth-life is no pleasure cruise. What if we don't need to be saved, rather we just need to reminded, to be helped out a little?
Think of it this way; the ones that survive will be the strongest. If you don't believe you're worth it, then your time really is over.

A lot of humans are heroes, saviours and brilliant.

Indeed. I am glad you brought this up

Babies are born innocent and beautiful in every way.

I don't want to rain on your positive parade but I have to point out that this isn't entirely true. Psychopathy, for example, has been found through various studies to be genetically linked. Meaning that it's all there in nature; environmental behavioural influences (nurture) have little to do with it.

Twin Study Finds Genetic Cause For Psychopathy

I hope some of us can make it.

Word. I'm with you on that one, bruva. Remember, the ones that do will be strongest of the strong.

[edit on 15/6/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Just gotta laugh.

It is hilarious - everyone is running round in huge circles to disprove everything.

I stand by my post.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

"Why would any Higher Deity want to save humans?" Because they can't. There are no deities.

Humans have to save themselves, and I am not speaking about any individual that would came up as a "Maitreya" or "World Teacher". No, we have all the teachings we need, we have had them thousands of years. The message is clear. There are none to save us but each to his own.

The only hope is that in the time of mass media, the good message reaches enough people to exceed the critical mass.

The postmodern age with Internet, television and radio is something we didn't have earlier. So there's a chance that it will contribute positively to the general mindset of humanity - only so far the results are not very encouraging.

-v

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Because He promised He would...
...and unlike most humans he is good to His word.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

For a second, I assume you are talking about Biblical God. Do you have any idea how many times he broke his alliance with the people in Bible? You should read Old Testament more my dear believer. There will be no saviour, no teacher, no guru, no god, nothing to save us.

Save yourself - be a King.

-v

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The only thing that will save us humans in the future, is our understanding of moral values.

Who would want to save a man who has no moral values, but to satisfy his own greed.
The greedy man would not save a man do to his own moral code. But the man who has understood the moral code would save the greedy man, because he knows the value of life.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Not all of humanity are scum. There are, however people who can be considered as scum, and they know who they are. There are always those who are worth saving provided that there is a higher deity in the first place.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Will there ever be "a lone saviour" step forward to save humanity? Very doubtful. Because, it is not part of this lesson we call life. The only saviour that can save humanity, is within humanity itself. The saviour most are looking for, will not come down from the sky riding on a cloud, or even show up in a space ship. Our saviour is within each of us, and has been with us from the start.

It is like the old saying, "Jesus died to take away our sins". Did he really? In my opinion, no, he didn`t. That wasn`t his intent. He came to remind us of the things we had chosen to forget during our venture here. He tried to show us, we could do, and will do the same things he was able to do, and much more. We have been conditioned for how many centuries now, that only he can save us? Who were/are the teachers of this doctrine? Why would they teach such things? When you delve into the past practices of these groups, and stop and think about it, you will understand the reasons they did this. We have been scared into believing that, if you even question their motives, or even look outside of that given group for the answers we seek, you will go to hell. You could be called a sinner and be brow beaten back into the fold.

So, why would any Higher Deity want to save humans? It`s not that they want to, it`s not their place to do it. That is a chore we have placed upon our own backs to do, just by being here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join