It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Have You Left Christianity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Im not going to keep going in circles with you...you have derailed this topic to no end and I would like to see it get back on topic.

Yes, Christianity has blood on its hands, for they must accept a being HAD to die, for them. This is not of God, and since Christians dont seek within their hearts and the deepest nature of themselves, they are blind to how dark of a belief this is. God did not need any death of a man or animal or son or daughter. We all must walk through death, carrying our cross of our wrongs.

Jesus did not support the God of the OT....this is why they sought to kill him for nothing short of blasphemy. He kept going against what the Yahweh followers believed in....and they for this reason, did not understand the things he preached, nor accepted what he taught. He taught on the road sides, he taught under the trees, he taught outside of the buildings. He did not teach an eye for an eye....and he practiced what he preached. When his earthly life was threatened, he did not fight for it. He taught us how to be strong in Spirit and how to live for the life of Spirit. Today, his message, is still misunderstood by many. People want that 'free ticket'. People want to think that a 'belief' will save them.

He tried to enlighten people from the dark ways of the Yahweh.

Mabey you should start a thread on 'why I returned to Christianity'?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Catholics practice Catholicism, Christians practice Christianity. There is an ENORMOUS difference between the beliefs of Catholics and Christians. The Catholic 10 Commandments are even different. Christians were put to death by Rome during the Inquisitions.

There is no denomination of Christianity called "Christians," there are only people who claim to be more enlightened than all of the other denominations that call themselves non-denominational Christians. If you are against organized Christian denominations like Catholicism, then we are more similar than you think. All of us here are more against the organized religion aspect of Christianity, and less the spiritual aspect of Christianity. When I think of Christians, I think of Catholics, I think of Protestants, I think of corrupt priests and powerless pastors and hipocritical congregations. I think of mission trips and service projects done by the church that fixed the temporary needs of people but didn't help the more important spiritual needs of the people we were helping because the people in the church had no spiritual help to give. If you know a denomination of Christians or a church of Christians or group of Christians that is different from what I just described, please tell me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Catholics practice Catholicism, Christians practice Christianity. There is an ENORMOUS difference between the beliefs of Catholics and Christians. The Catholic 10 Commandments are even different. Christians were put to death by Rome during the Inquisitions.

There is no denomination of Christianity called "Christians," there are only people who claim to be more enlightened than all of the other denominations that call themselves non-denominational Christians. If you are against organized Christian denominations like Catholicism, then we are more similar than you think. All of us here are more against the organized religion aspect of Christianity, and less the spiritual aspect of Christianity. When I think of Christians, I think of Catholics, I think of Protestants, I think of corrupt priests and powerless pastors and hipocritical congregations. I think of mission trips and service projects done by the church that fixed the temporary needs of people but didn't help the more important spiritual needs of the people we were helping because the people in the church had no spiritual help to give. If you know a denomination of Christians or a church of Christians or group of Christians that is different from what I just described, please tell me.

I go to a "non-denominational" church. I don't like the idea of a national body that dictates doctrine or rituals or anything like that.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join