It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Have You Left Christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
" I want a personal relationship without distractions from other christians "

Then stay at home but don't allow that which seems like an excuse to not believe, ruin your belief in Christ.

OP I'm getting alot of mixed messages from you.

First Christ doesn't work for you because it's a part of taking your personality away. Then Church doesn't work for you because it's filled with humans which has nothing to do with a belief.

So it seems like these things are your own sort of excuses which when explained seem to turn into new things.

Look if you don't want to believe don't. just say it.

peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

OP this thread is a circular argument that will never end.

there is nothing to prove out of it. You left christianity you get stronger.

I joined christianity I got stronger and more peaceful.

So to each his own. Everybodys story is different. Let souls believe, they will let you disbelieve.

peace.

This is funny. This thread is a circular argument? This thread is a thread about why people left Christianity. There is no argument to that, the argument only develops when Christians come into the thread and try to push their religion on people who left Christianity. You see, that is the problem with Christians, they assume that because Christianity works for them it should work for everybody. But you say "Everybody's story is different. Let souls believe, they will let you disbelieve." WELL then, I'm getting mixed messages from you. You say let people believe what they want and disbelieve what they want, yet you are posting in favor of Jesus in a thread about why people have left Jesus.

As I said before, I don't mind Christians posting on this thread, I just find it ironic that they do post.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, people are so used to arguing, that they create an argument where there isn't one.

I think many people leave religion because of an event in their lives that turns them against their belief or they think God has forsaken them or whatever. That never happened with me. It was a long, slow, thoughtful journey for me, of just asking questions, speaking with people, reading and wondering about things.

For several years after I left religion, I didn't admit it to anyone. The people around me wouldn't have taken it well.
I just sort of avoided the subject. It wasn't until about 10 years ago that I got the nerve to state my beliefs about religion and "God". And only about 5 years ago did I use the term atheist as related to me. I'm not crazy about labels, but people seem to always want them so they can put you in a box in their heads.

GREAT thread, OP!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You're assuming a logical fallacy.

NO, using the argument that since your questions were not answered by the few Christians you asked them of then that meant your questions/objections had no answer at all. It's called a Hasty Generalization fallacy. Not to mention, you rationalized the truth of Christianity by accepting your BIASED SAMPLE. You stopped asking at only Christians who could not answer your questions to them.

Anyone who was logically seeking to find truth would at LEAST listen to the answers of a Christian who KNEW the answers to your question and weighing the two responses. But no, I suppose it's easier for you to just walk away when you heard/or lack there of, what you wanted to when you asked these questions. Need I go on??

I haven't given you enough information to come to that conclusion.

yes you have, it's a simple conclusion to come to.

I haven't told you what questions I've had in the past and I haven't implied that there were no answers. I said that my questions went unanswered (not meaning that there were no answers) and that the answers I was given were illusive and not logical.

Says you, I find them unshakably logical. You can't even figure out when your rationalizations are based on erroneous logic. That's been demonstrated.

NEVER has a real Christian called me ignorant, a liar, a hypocrite and a narcissist.

"Ignorant" means haven't been taught about a certain thing, it has nothing to do with your IQ. I'm ignorant to a lot of things, doesn't mean I can't learn them if someone taught it to me.

You were being hypocritical when I brought it up on that particular issue. It's what it is, sorry.

Stop thinking then that just YOU are the audience of my message for finding truth about God, Jesus, and Christianity in this thread then, that would be the OPPOSITE of narcissistic behavior.

If this is your typical approach in your proselytism, it's no wonder you're so angry and frustrated.

I'm not trying to convert you, I'm just pointing out your conclusions about Christianity were arrived out with less than logical reasoning and I'm pointing that out, not just for you, but for any others who actually want to learn the truth or have their objections answered.

Secondly, I'm not frustrated at all, nor mad. You're the only one so far on this page that has gotten all bent out of shape. But sure pot, I'm black too. lol

(And to those of you already U2Uing me, I thank you for your honest inquiry.)

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That's a nice quip I'll give you that, but logically speaking truth stands on it's own merits. Christianity is defined by the teachings of Christ. Even He said MANY would be wolves in sheeps clothing. There are numerous fakes, and I agree that it's discouraging, but Christianity is about a personal relationship with God that's made possible by the sacrificial work of Jesus Christ. It's a personal thing between yourself and God, so other's actions shouldn't matter. Jesus said there would be many that were false prophets, teachers, and witnesses.

If Christianity is all about a personal relationship with God then what is the point of church, what is the point of fellowship? I'm sure you don't intend to say coming together with other Christians is worthless, because from what I experienced in Christianity coming together with other Christians was the single most important thing in spiritual growth. You say others' actions don't matter, but they matter even more in Christianity. When a Christian who you spend a lot of time with is knowledgeable and strong in faith, you grow in spirit. And when a Christian you spend time with is ignorant and weak in faith, your spirit grows weak. Yes, the relationship with God is personal, but Christianity is not a personal path, and that is one of the reasons why I left Christianity. I wanted a personal relationship with God without distractions from other Christians.

Of course that's also important, but more in the terms of salvation it's about having a personal relationship with the Lord. Jesus even says many will come to Him on the day of Judgment and list all the things they accomplished in His name and He'll say: "Depart from me you worker of iniquity, for I never knew you." gathering to do ministry, to praise and to worship as a body of believers is pretty fulfilling as well and I don't want to diminish that aspect of being a member of the Body of Christ.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

OP this thread is a circular argument that will never end.

there is nothing to prove out of it. You left christianity you get stronger.

I joined christianity I got stronger and more peaceful.

So to each his own. Everybodys story is different. Let souls believe, they will let you disbelieve.

peace.

This is funny. This thread is a circular argument? This thread is a thread about why people left Christianity. There is no argument to that, the argument only develops when Christians come into the thread and try to push their religion on people who left Christianity. You see, that is the problem with Christians, they assume that because Christianity works for them it should work for everybody. But you say "Everybody's story is different. Let souls believe, they will let you disbelieve." WELL then, I'm getting mixed messages from you. You say let people believe what they want and disbelieve what they want, yet you are posting in favor of Jesus in a thread about why people have left Jesus.

As I said before, I don't mind Christians posting on this thread, I just find it ironic that they do post.
Christ died for ALL men, so yes if it works for me, it will work for you. Are you claiming Christ is incapable of turning your life into a message but He is with certain people?? Christianity should never focus on what I can do or have done, but on what Christ has already done. And putting our trust in that.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

NO, using the argument that since your questions were not answered by the few Christians you asked them of then that meant your questions/objections had no answer at all.

I had inquired over a period of 30+ years to MANY Christians, preachers and other theologians. You are assuming. Again. I didn't say there were no answers. You're putting words in my mouth. The answers just did not make sense to me.

Anyone who was logically seeking to find truth would at LEAST listen to the answers of a Christian who KNEW the answers to your question and weighing the two responses.

I don't know any Christians who know the answers. Of all the people I asked my questions (probably in the hundreds) I was not satisfied with the answers. They were not logical nor were they the same from person to person. I suppose you think YOUR answers would be the RIGHT ones.

Sure, I could get YOUR take on it all, but that's just another person's opinion.

Says you, I find them unshakably logical.

"Says you"?
And look, I'm glad you find your answers logical. Good for you.

Stop thinking then that just YOU are the audience of my message for finding truth about God, Jesus, and Christianity in this thread then

Oh, I know I'm not your "audience" for your message. But you keep quoting me and responding to my particular posts. You are using me, then, to get a message across to other people, apparently. Why don't you just start a thread to get your message across? THIS thread is about why people have left Christianity. You have not contributed ONE BIT to the subject of the thread, rather, you have hijacked it to spread your message and challenge the people who ARE participating in it.

I just saw that your avatar says, "Silencing the Heretics".
Now it makes more sense. Well, this is one Heretic that you will not silence!

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Im in full agreement with you Benevolent.

@ Typical....its one thing to make your point, its another to go on and on in a thread that simply asks...'why have you left Christianity'.

Have you left Christianity? :shk: No, you have not, so how does this really pertain to you? Can we not have a nice little thread out of everyone's way here at BTS for the ones that have twisted their minds out of the knot of a dark age belief to converse with each other?

Of course your posts are welcome...but making a point and then going on and on...trying to make it sound as if one of the posters here has left Christianity because they dont understand it properly, because they dont have the 'right' answers....is so silly. Do you really think Benevolent (or any other that has left it) did not question, did not ponder, sift it, weigh it and measure it?

The Christian faith is not that hard to figure out, after all, there is a book that supposedly holds the divine revelations.

Its not hard to find the roots of Christianity....they are soaked deep in blood.

Its not hard to find the nature of the God image that they followed in the OT....and what most Christians over look is that Jesus himself WAS AGAINST THIS IMAGE OF THE OT GOD.

I dont understand how anyone can read the Bible, as an adult, and not see the dark age rituals within. I dont see how after they read about the nature of Jesus, they fall for the idea that Jesus's teachings are of the same god image as the OT teachings.

Man has written down their ideas for thousands of years....God wrote Thees ideas in the very blueprint of life itself, it was here before us, here with us now, and will be here after. ITs in a place that it can not become tainted, that it is not just lain for the common man to have, its not lain where it can become destroyed. It involves no Earthly rituals, no bloodshed's, and its roots are firmly planted in the teaching of the law of ONENESS...nature shows us this, it shows how everything is connected through energy....Gods teachings are rooted in showing us, we are ONE in Spirit....and it is us who has to reach this somehow, the heaven comes to Earth, through US. There is no saving, there is no supernatural event, there is no miracles to be seen. God does not boast, is not jealous, is not rude, is not prideful, does not envy, is always kind, honest, and never fails.

Honestly, for someone that has left Christianity, it would take a whole thread of its own for that person to list all the questions they once pondered on about the faith. That conversation would sidetrack this thread enormously.

Why not just come on and say.....'I am Christian, and I respect anyone who has foudn this not to be the way for them, but if you want to ask me any questions about my faith, I am happy to answer. '

As much as you see your faith being 'logical'....I find it horrid that you believe someone had to die for you. I find it a scapegoat religion and I dont think Jesus would be any supporter of such things. People use him and his true offering of his body back to the Earth, to keep fulfilling a scapegoat religion.

You want to call it love, what Jesus did. Sure, it was love for the Spirit within him, he lived for the life of the Holy Spirit.....instead of his life of Earth. He walked a personal path and showed us how to do the same. I think Christianity takes Jesus's greatness of his true purpose away from him and soaks it in a dark Earthly ritual of blood sacrifice.

So if you want to talk about having the answers WHY Christianity is 'logical' excuse me if I feel the need to point out my answers on why its completely dark natured.

Im so thankful for having the eyes to see what I see.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great post, LeoVirgo.

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Do you really think Benevolent (or any other that has left it) did not question, did not ponder, sift it, weigh it and measure it?

Exactly. I was STEEPED in religion from birth. It was the center of our lives and everything we did revolved around it. I have a vast education in religion, so I DID question, ponder, sift, weigh and measure along my journey. As I said before, for 30 years. It's not like I made a flip decision one day or was looking for an excuse to leave it. On the contrary, I wanted a reason to stay, as it was deeply tied to my security in life. It was actually a difficult journey since it was all I knew.

Man has written down their ideas for thousands of years....God wrote Thees ideas in the very blueprint of life itself, it was here before us, here with us now, and will be here after.

This is beautiful! And rings true for me. When people ask if I believe in God, I say "no" because I was taught that God was a watchful, wrathful, vengeful and angry God. So, since that's what I learned as a child, it's hard for me to say that I believe in that. I don't. Nature, on the other hand, is the force in the Universe that I can say I do believe in as a source of some kind. Untainted with man's rituals and blood, insecurities and jealousies, etc.

.nature shows us this, it shows how everything is connected through energy....

I admire people who can think in these terms and still use the word God to describe it. Because of my early education, I can't seem to use the word "God" when talking about the oneness, nature, spirit and love that I DO strongly believe in. It's just a word, I know, but I am resistant to it, because I don't want people to assume that I believe in religion and the God that man made in his own image.

Why not just come on and say.....'I am Christian, and I respect anyone who has foudn this not to be the way for them, but if you want to ask me any questions about my faith, I am happy to answer. '

That is, in my opinion, what a "real Christian" would say. My mother was such a person and I have known several since her.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Its nice to hear about another who found the exact same struggle that I have experience.

On the contrary, I wanted a reason to stay, as it was deeply tied to my security in life. It was actually a difficult journey since it was all I knew.

It was not easy for me either. It was very lonely and hard. It was also though, very personal. It was a clearing of my conscious in the end though, it allowed my heart to brake free from a shackle. But the fear that was placed in me through the Bible was gripping on me. The idea that I was not worthy to seek God with out another being, without a church, without a belief, gripped me tightly. The idea that I was to not use my own reasoning when reaching a understanding of God and what God was....tried to hold me down. It took alot of deep conversations within my heart and mind, to slowly allow myself, to allow God, to come out of the box that the people placed Thee in. It was not only me finding my spiritual right, but also, me releasing God from shackles as well.

I really feel that the Holy Spirit led me in my understandings. Guided me back through the Bible and showed me why the Bible was needed and where the true Spirit could be found within it, in between the lines, where the common man will look right over it.

Ive never been so spiritual in my being, as I am today. I think religions unknowingly, take the spiritual birth right away from people, by not encouraging a personal path of seeking within.

At first, when I felt that 'God' had been shamed by the books of man....I also had trouble using the word 'God'. I still am not totally comfortable with it today for the word 'God' is tainted and corrupted with a nature that does not give Divinity to Thee. I sometimes will use 'Thee' when talking about God, or Ill use the term Holy Spirit...when talking about the life force of God and of all life. This is just what I have found, through my seeking, outside of the books.

I too, didnt want what my inner being was understanding, to be true. Because that would mean, having to walk a road without all the others, a road of no support, no others gratifying my path, no congregating with the people anymore. There are things I miss about being a part of a group with a 'belief'. I miss the congregating and breaking bread together. I had to make sure though, I was not just going to keep accepting something that seemed to go against my inner nature of being, just to be a part of the people.

I then understood the narrow path. I think the Bible is set up for the ones that will only follow another, will be of the masses, will be of the broad path.

Its great to share with another that had a hard time twisting out of a belief that was so impacted on them while growing up. I have 3 kids now...and my ideas are very open. As much as I want to leave their thoughts open to chose one day, I did have 2 of them go to Bible school last week. Their choice for going was due to neighbor kids going and of course, kids want to be with other kids. I sat through the first 20 mins of the little opening...and what I heard was 'we are all sinners, you are a sinner and you must show God you know you are a sinner and repent'. Do you know how hard it was for me to not stand up in that crowd...march down that aisle....and not pull my children up out of there? But I sat, in knowing, they will one day, have use of their own heart, to weigh and measure, and mabey like me, they are going to find that the dark forest was very helpful in finding the light within. We did talk alot after each evening was through, for the 12 year old had many questions. I gave her two answers to all her questions. I offered to her the Christian view of things....and told her this is what they believe....and I offered to her my personal general understandings of things...and offered to her why I come to what I understand.

I was raised with alot of fear that to think outside of what the Bible said, or to question it was very wrong and made me a wrong person and meant that Satan then could get to me. That as a awful thing to place into a child.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I don't know any Christians who know the answers. Of all the people I asked my questions (probably in the hundreds) I was not satisfied with the answers. They were not logical nor were they the same from person to person. I suppose you think YOUR answers would be the RIGHT ones.

For one, i don't believe you asked 'hundreds' of Christians, most likely you asked several. You already posted to common responses these Christians gave for your answers, and they are extremely weak. Like I said, most likely you heard what you wanted to hear to justify your unbelief to yourself and moved on.

Secondly, the answers to your questions are not MY answers, everything I know on the subject has been taught to me by others. I have no private revelations. Just like your high school History teacher... he/she is simply a teacher, not a historian.

"Says you"?
And look, I'm glad you find your answers logical. Good for you.

Truth is truth no matter how many people believe it or not, that reply is nonsensical. Your reasoning operates by "suppressing the truth in unrighteousness."

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools," ~ Romans 1:18-22

But you keep quoting me and responding to my particular posts.

WOW, you're the one who has been QUOTING me!!! Am I not to reply to you??? I made a SIMPLE statement of FACT on the previous page which got your trousers all in a bunch, when what I stated was FACT. "Just because the Christians you asked questions to didn't have the correct answers doesn't mean there are no answers to your questions..."

That statement needs no response, it's LOGIC. And it was posted to negate your HASTY GENERALIZATION. What has happened since that post is your display of indignation at that statement of fact. Try it the other way around, you're protesting everything I HAVE to say, not vice versa. If you want our conversation to end, STOP REPLYING. lol

You are using me, then, to get a message across to other people, apparently.

Not at all, I'm just not naive. Thinking just you and I are reading this, nothing more nothing less.

Why don't you just start a thread to get your message across?

I could, however I'm already talking to seekers of truth in U2Us, so the process is still working despite your objections.

THIS thread is about why people have left Christianity.

Really, like I totally like didn't know that. Wow, where are my spectacles???

You have not contributed ONE BIT to the subject of the thread, rather, you have hijacked it to spread your message and challenge the people who ARE participating in it.

As if all threads aren't about opposing viewpoints????? LOL!!! Sorry to break up your anti-Christian pity party, ooops where are my manners???

I just saw that your avatar says, "Silencing the Heretics".
Now it makes more sense. Well, this is one Heretic that you will not silence!

Isn't that the truth!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

For one, i don't believe you asked 'hundreds' of Christians, most likely you asked several.

Not surprising since you have already called me a liar. Fortunately, I don't care what you believe. It doesn't change the facts.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

@ Typical....its one thing to make your point, its another to go on and on in a thread that simply asks...'why have you left Christianity'.

I said the same thing to Benevolent, am I NOT to reply to her when she quotes me and makes direct statements to me?? Are you kidding me? I made a statement of fact to counter her Hasty Generalization fallacy on the previous page and she got mad. Not my fault.

Have you left Christianity?

YES I DID, for a number of years in my 20s, and now I'm back. See where assumptions get you??

No, you have not, so how does this really pertain to you?

I hope you're kidding, glance at any thread here in BTS that has to deal with Christian topics and you'll find a plethora of posts by non-believers in every one. Again, sorry to bash your anti-Christian pity party. And like above, your assumption is completely false and hasty. I left Christianity in my 20s and lived like a devil for over a decade.

Can we not have a nice little thread out of everyone's way here at BTS for the ones that have twisted their minds out of the knot of a dark age belief to converse with each other?

Awwwww, what a cute little appeal to ridicule argument you have there!!!!! I see finding logic in these anti-Christian threads is going to be a CHORE!!!!

Of course your posts are welcome...but making a point and then going on and on...trying to make it sound as if one of the posters here has left Christianity because they dont understand it properly, because they dont have the 'right' answers....is so silly. Do you really think Benevolent (or any other that has left it) did not question, did not ponder, sift it, weigh it and measure it?
Okay, let me try to express it another way: If the answer to question X is "P" and person Y is pondering answers "D" J" "F" "T" and "O" and never has "P" to ponder then person Y has a BIASED SAMPLE. Person Y can NEVER come to "P" when it's not in their list of things to ponder, sift, or weigh.

Its not hard to find the roots of Christianity....they are soaked deep in blood.

Catholicism has a deep history in blood, Christians were the ones impaled, tortured, and burned at the stake in the Inquisitions. There is a GREAT difference between Catholicism and Christianity. Secondly, it's also an enormous logical fallacy to use the exception to define the rule I hope you know??

Its not hard to find the nature of the God image that they followed in the OT....and what most Christians over look is that Jesus himself WAS AGAINST THIS IMAGE OF THE OT GOD.
You have no idea what you're saying. Jesus said "I and the Father are ONE." Jesus was against HIMSELF? Jesus is the Father made flesh. Please explain to me how you came to your logical conclusion without even elementary facts of the scriptures. lol

I dont understand how anyone can read the Bible, as an adult, and not see the dark age rituals within. I dont see how after they read about the nature of Jesus, they fall for the idea that Jesus's teachings are of the same god image as the OT teachings.

I can easily, when people make the statement you just did they only want to look at attributes 7-10 of God from the OT and ignore attributes 1-6. God is perfect and Holy, His wrath is poured out on wickedness. Is that hard to understand? Jesus spoke more about Hell than any other figure in the Bible. Jesus spoke more about judgment than any other figure in the Bible. What teachings of Jesus are you referring to? Jesus and the Fathers natures are identical from OT to NT.

As much as you see your faith being 'logical'....I find it horrid that you believe someone had to die for you.

God declares that the wages of sin is death. I am a sinner, we all are, therefore god demands death as a penalty for sin. Now, out of his love for us, He came to Earth and sacrificed Himself a sinners death so that all who put their trust in Him are pardoned from the debt they owe for their sin. That to me is the ultimate expression of love. hardly will you find someone who would die for their friends, but as sinner we were the enemy of god, yet He still chose to come to Earth and die for His enemies. Love perfected.

You want to call it love, what Jesus did. Sure, it was love for the Spirit within him, he lived for the life of the Holy Spirit.....instead of his life of Earth. He walked a personal path and showed us how to do the same. I think Christianity takes Jesus's greatness of his true purpose away from him and soaks it in a dark Earthly ritual of blood sacrifice.

"Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins." Who am i, or you for that matter, to tell God His way of atonement for sin is in error?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

For one, i don't believe you asked 'hundreds' of Christians, most likely you asked several.

Not surprising since you have already called me a liar. Fortunately, I don't care what you believe. It doesn't change the facts.

You're insane, I have stated twice now that I said IF you were lying.

I won't patronize you by copy/pasting the definition of "IF". And secondly, it's a NON-ISSUE, we are ALL LIARS. If we have ever told a lie in our life... we're LIARS.

Drop it, you can easily go to the previous page and see that I said "IF" you're lying.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was trying to explain the original op with basic understanding about personality. I wasn't trying to convert you.

There is a difference.

peace.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

There is a GREAT difference between Catholicism and Christianity.

Catholicism IS Christianity. It's one denomination of Christianity.

I have stated twice now that I said IF you were lying.

You just said:

Sounds to me like you think I'm lying. But, fortunately, I don't care what you believe. I only wish you were as unconcerned with MY beliefs.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Catholics practice Catholicism, Christians practice Christianity. There is an ENORMOUS difference between the beliefs of Catholics and Christians. The Catholic 10 Commandments are even different. Christians were put to death by Rome during the Inquisitions.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You have not contributed ONE BIT to the subject of the thread, rather, you have hijacked it to spread your message and challenge the people who ARE participating in it.

Oh I disagree, he/she has actually contributed quite a bit to this thread by showing me why I left Christianity in the first place.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Christian is a big umbrella and it simply means professing a belief in Jesus as the Christ or following a religion based on the teachings of Jesus. Catholicism, Protestantism and Anglicanism are three branches of Christianity. There are more. Mormons are Christians.

List of Christian Denominations

I can't believe you're denying this. :shk: Catholics ARE Christians. Maybe you're thinking of Protestant (Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc) But Catholics ARE Christians.

Oh I disagree, he/she has actually contributed quite a bit to this thread by showing me why I left Christianity in the first place.

I stand corrected.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

God does not boast, is not jealous, is not rude, is not prideful, does not envy, is always kind, honest, and never fails.

Somehow, without anyone telling me or without reading any book that tells me "this is what God is," that is almost exactly the way I see God. I just wouldn't say God never fails.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join