It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does being republican make you stupid?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh please BT...
If you leaned anymore to the left you would fall over. Centrist....pffttt

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Who said I am scared??? Scared of what. Because I own gun? Fear has nothing to do with it. Common sense tells me its smart to own firearms.
Besides oh defender of the constitution,its my right.
If the Chinese or North Koreans ever launch a missle at us, you can thank the dems for giving them the technology. Thanks Clinton.

[edit on 6/11/2004 by nyeff]

Listen, I never said that owning guns was wrong or bad. I just know that this country is gripped in a culture of fear of the boogeyman, the N. Koreans, Casper the Friendly Ghost, the brothers on the corner, the "Esays" in the barrio, the gays getting married, and the spooky terrorists with long beards. And a country caught up in fearing its own shadow shouldn't be near a gun, in my opinion.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
And us rednecks
(or anyone else)
should trust a lawyer more ..... why?

It's old, Colonel.
Real old.
Can you please stop insulting large groups of people in one fell swoop?

Yee-freakin-haw!
I'mma go get me my .44 outta the nightstand and listen to somma that-thur Garth Brooks music, watch some racin', watch some rasslin, drink me somma that white liquor and ....
do what I believe is right.

You know what I'm doing the next two weeks?
Organizing a drive to send school supplies to children in Iraq.
I'm also going to send some nice things to a group of our men & women over there....some books, some magazines, some snack-food treats, and I'm going to include a nice letter that this Southern right-winger supports them no matter what anyone else thinks.
It'll be a letter with proper spelling and grammar. I am literate, you know. You've dealt with me enough to know that I'm not only literate, but relatively intelligent and rational.

And I'm gonna do it with my guns in the house, because I'm allowed to have them.
A bunch of libs are joining me on this drive, because they're humane, kind people who want to help.

Please don't act like you speak for all liberals, just as I don't speak for all Southern conservatives.
Try a new tactic, really.

Hey, maybe if you all decided to get some PR help the image would change??? Don't blame me! I gotta deal with being associated with the thugs on the corner all the time but I don't sweat it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Both - The Colonel and Venus � have offered us the truisms of their rival extremist as they perceive it to be.

We all know this is silliness. So in the spirit of compromise and to diminish the divisions among us I offer to both side a list of TRUISMS if practice earnestly by both might bring a sense of unity and shared beliefs. So here goes:

THE RULES OF LIFE

The practical list of truisms by which we all must live to find a sense of unified purpose

1. The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

2. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

3. Money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes misery easier to live with.

4. Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

5. Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check three friends. If they're OK,
you're it.

6. Nothing in the known universe travels faster than a bad check.

7. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.

8. It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

9. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

10. If you are given an open-book exam, you will forget your book.

11. If you are given a take-home test, you will forget where you live.

12. The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.

13. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.

14. G.�s Law: You can't fall off the floor.

15. The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the
average man can see better than he can think.

16. Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

17. Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by moving from where
you left them to where you can't find them.

18. Law of Probability Dispersal: Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

19. Poker rules supplement: A .44 Magnum beats 4 aces.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

You know what? I think I would trust the N. Koreans with arms (since they haven't fired anything as of this day) than I would ANY Southern, gun-totin, tobacco chewing, Bible quoting, itchy-trigger finger, imbred, illiterate republican. But, that's just me.

You know what? I think I would trust the Europeans with our healthcare system (since they seem so good at it) than I would ANY West Coast, gun-totin, weed tokin, Tupac quoting, itchy-trigger finger, illegitimate, illiterate democrat. But, that's just me.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hey, man, I just call it like I see it.

No you don't. You can't really be that stupid.

What, you think that by being a knee-jerk, factually clueless Democrat makes someone a brain-surgeon? I beg to differ, Mr. "I'll just post garbage that incites, prokes but adds nothing".

The Democratic Party has become highjacked by America-loathing liberals. Liberalism has never built a nation. Liberalism, or the general concept of self-worship, immorality and spinelessness in the face of danger, only creeps into a nation at its zenith, and then pulls that once strong nation into the history books.

The problem with this nation being dragged down by your rhetoric, misinformation and false promises is that this once-great nation was the last beacon for freedom and liberty. Maybe, depending on whether or not Christ is going to be returning in the near future, anotehr nation, a more deserving nation, will rise up, strong and free, and be what we once were.

The only sadness in the thought of people like you shipwrecking this nation is that when you sink it, my offspring suffer, too.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Down Thomas lol. Colonel has been selling this child like high school rhetoric in the mud pit for quite some time. Just looking and waiting for some poor sucker to take the bait and than slamming them with a sophomoric passive aggressive style of a red haring argument. I am grateful as should everyone else be that he started a dem. Vs. rep. thread and not one on reparations.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Hey, man, I just call it like I see it.

No you don't. You can't really be that stupid.

What, you think that by being a knee-jerk, factually clueless Democrat makes someone a brain-surgeon? I beg to differ, Mr. "I'll just post garbage that incites, prokes but adds nothing".

The Democratic Party has become highjacked by America-loathing liberals. Liberalism has never built a nation.

It started this country, "smart guy." The ideals that this country started out with were new and liberal ideas. If we started with conservative, or backward, ideals like you have then, we'd be a monarchy under the Brits and still be backward...like you.

BTW, TC, who's really stupid, the stupid person or the person who responds to the stupid person like Pavlov's Dog? Maybe, I need a smart pweron to answer that?

JonSmith: Why do you always bring up reparations, racist? Everyone knows that's the LAST subject I want to talk about and everyone knows how I feel about it...including you. You just like to bring it up so it can fit in your ass-backward cookie-cutter racist ideology of me.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It started this country, "smart guy." The ideals that this country started out with were new and liberal ideas. If we started with conservative, or backward, ideals like you have then, we'd be a monarchy under the Brits and still be backward...like you.

You cant even begin to comprehend how off the mark you are. Did you fail US history or something?
The founding fathers particularly Hamilton were extremely conservative. Hamilton pushed economic programs that helped the rich and encouraged them to invest in the nation. That doesnt even cover how the constitution's first draft was nothing extroardinary. They orginally left power in the hands of state legislatures simmilar to the parlimentary system set up in England. The founding fathers were dyed in wool captialists. The Bank of the United States was the direct copy of the Bank of England! You are soo wrong its not even funny to point out. Once again you open your fat mouth and fall flat on your face. The only original idea the founding fathers had was to create their own government. And why did they do that? To protect their investments in the America's. If England had managed the colonies right there would be no America! The founding fathers didnt give any support to womens suffrage, the abolishment of slavery, or seperation to church and state. The founding fathers were religous conservatives obsessed with not having to pay taxes to England. Your first truly common man liberal president was Andrew Jackson. Hamilton enjoyed helping out his rich colonial friends, and Jefferson was too busy sleeping with his slaves to set any "new and liberal" precedents as you say. The founding fathers would have had no cause for revelution if Britain had not interfered with the free commerce of the Americas.

If points could be taken away for stupidity I would want no less than 2,000 taken for this offense. Go read a history book, it seems ever since AR broke your back youve lost your edge

[Edited on 12-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

JonSmith: Why do you always bring up reparations, racist? Everyone knows that's the LAST subject I want to talk about and everyone knows how I feel about it...including you. You just like to bring it up so it can fit in your ass-backward cookie-cutter racist ideology of me.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Colonel]

It isn't any more moronic than grouping democrats and republicans than assigning values to them without taking into account variations and individuality. A majority of democrats and republicans don't fall into your cookie cutter definition of them, yet you come in here and post it any way. If you want to talk about ass-backward there's a perfect example of it. Grouping you into a category of liking to talk about reparations because you're African American isn't any different than how you grouped democrats and republicans.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You know this reminds me of a pin I saw a couple weeks ago "Vote Republican, it's easier than thinking!"

Seriously though, there have been a great many very smart Republicans, Nixon and Powell come to mind. This does not mean that I must agree with them, 98% of the time I do not, it means that there are very intelectually gifted people on both sides of the middle.

Personally I think that the IQ of a Republican does not make them any less wrong in their policy, they can just argue for it better. I would much rather debate someone like Nixon or Cheney rather than say Bush or Regan (whom I do not believe had the lion's share of brain capacity.)

Also, not all Republicans are bible quoting, gun fanatics, just the Neo-Cons and so-called Moral Majority. Old line Republicans like Dole and Ike were in my mind much more sensible in their ideas, remember, they didn't fire the nukes either. One must remember that even the Republican Idol Rony Regan handwrote a letter condeming the Neo-Cons, saying they were dangerous and too far right.

One must also remember that the really old skool Republicans were truly the liberals, case in point is one of America's greatest men, Honest Abe. It was not until the political transformations of the turn of the 20th century that saw the beginings of the current political ideas begin to emerge.

So I wouldn't go so far as to say that being a Republican makes you stupid, maybe just being a fundamentalist Christian Trickle Down Economics loving Neo-Con makes you stupid.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That�s all contingent on who's first in line.......... and how well coordinated they may be��

����.Like the adult diaper�����.Depends!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

illiterate republican.

Are Republicans the only illiterates?

imbred

Guess not.

[edit on 6/14/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Oh please BT...
If you leaned anymore to the left you would fall over. Centrist....pffttt

I am Centrist. I can't help if this administration is so far over the Right edge that it makes Ohio look like California!!
And you know I declared myself to be a party member ( Anti-Republican ) until you guys take control back of your own party.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed wht a rascist colonel is?
Why do I have the feeling he was the guy in high school I had to kick the Sh*t out of just to convince him to stay out of my way on "cracker day"

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
BTW informal survey,
Is there anyone here who went to a predominatly black school who doesn't know what "cracker day" is?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Has anyone else noticed wht a rascist colonel is?
Why do I have the feeling he was the guy in high school I had to kick the Sh*t out of just to convince him to stay out of my way on "cracker day"

I don't know what "cracker day" is but, being that you are a deep racist as we all can see, you would know. And you would've steered clear of me in high school to go out back to smoke whatever you smoked.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Your right about one thing colonel "cracker day" is a deeply rascist instituion. you would have enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I love being insulted, It just proves Ive beaten the person for all the world to see. I love winning.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I love being insulted, It just proves Ive beaten the person for all the world to see. I love winning.

Yes see Colonel use to be able to actually carry on a conversation.

Then this great orator named AffirmativeReaction came along and really pwnd Colonel. Hes been a broken man since.

He will only insult and refuse to offer rebutals when you prove him wrong. See the time I pointed out his erroneus founding fathers info? Not a peep since.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join