It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dream?: Realizing I am Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So a few nights ago, instead of coming to the realization that I was dreaming, I came to the realization that I was dead and was living as a powerful spirit and could do whatever I want without anyone seeing me, but I never realized that I was dreaming.

I was running through a graveyard and I tripped and fell and hit my head and next thing I knew I was in a room in the underworld, which was actually quite a pleasant place... I stood around in the room for a few seconds before someone told me I had hit my head and died and I was free to do whatever I wanted. So I transported to a hotel and walked around the hotel as an invisible spirit. People could heard the sounds I made but could not see me. I then proceeded to go to the womans' public bath and I discovered that I had the power to take off woman's clothes at will and they couldn't stop me. That was the best part of the dream, it goes on and on...

So this was a very interesting dream because I seemed to have a lucid dream without actually realizing that I was dreaming. The crazy thing was, I could give myself powers by telling myself "You are a dead spirit you can do whatever you want," but I never told myself "You are dreaming so you can do whatever you want."

So if anyone was wondering how it feels to die during a dream, it can be pretty fun.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

could heard the sounds I made but could not see me. I then proceeded to go to the womans' public bath and I discovered that I had the power to take off woman's clothes at will and they couldn't stop me. That was the best part of the dream, it goes on and on...

Yeah and I had a dream of Sarah Palin doing a pole dance while wearing a see-through polar bear skin. Better tell your mommy so she can change your bedsheets.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

- very funny!

Lucid dreaming, I haven't done that for a few months now, too much going on at the moment for me to clear my head and go with flow. When I am capable of doing it, boy do I have fun!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I seem to die all the time in dreams, not sure where that old lore of dying in the real world came from.

I'll die in my dreamscape, and everything goes black....yet I'm still conscious and everything. Its slightly frightening until you realize that you're awake and just have your eyeballs shut.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's interesting. The language is funny. The usual and traditional use of the term lucid dream is to convey that you knew were dreaming while you were dreaming. So, the answer to your question is no. You didn't know you were dreaming, so you weren't lucid dreaming.

Of course, many people are interested in lucid dreaming because they think it will give them control over their dreams. It might, but not necessarily. Conversely, it is possible to have control over dream action without acquiring lucidity, as you report.

In fact, your dream falls into an important category of non-lucid controlled dream: one that features a spiritual transformation which confers power. Yes, death counts as a spiritual transformation, and it is a "dream death," that is, "you" continue on very nicely after the transformation.

I have a question for you. When you say,

... someone told me I had hit my head and died and I was free to do whatever I wanted.

Could you describe who told you?

You may also wish to consider writing out all those details which you summarize here as the dream going on and on. You may be thinking about this dream for a long time to come, and will appreciate having the fresh notes for reference.

Finally, you may want to search "big dream" jung to see whether Jung's concept of "Big Dream" feels right to you as a label for this dream of yours.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Yeah I did record everything I remembered about the dream, but I couldn't remember exactly who it was that told me. I remember that it was someone that I was familiar with but I don't remember the face.

As for it being a big dream, what I understand of big dreams is that it involves a recently deceased loved one coming back to life in your dream... it definitely wasn't a big dream.

But the act of hitting my head on the ground and dying resembles something that happened recently to someone I knew; a kid I knew jumped out of a taxi and hit his had on the sidewalk and got a hemorrage and died so the way I died in my dream was a lot like how he died, but I don't remember seeing him in my dream.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thanks for answering my question.

As to big dreams,

... it involves a recently deceased loved one coming back to life in your dream... it definitely wasn't a big dream.

No, that isn't Jung's idea at all. But if the search was fruitless for you, then I'll just leave at that, and thank you for considering the possibility.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I had lucid dreams as a teenager.

I still remember the first one, once I realized I was dreaming I decided to see what it was like to fly. So I took off like Superman. I flew all over my town and saw what it looked like from all kinds of perspectives.

I can't seem to do it any more though.

In fact I rarely even remember dreaming at all anymore.

top topics

join