It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup fans executed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I tell you what I am watching the Brazil V N Korea game its 2.0 to Brazil The NK manager looks very worried indeed. I hope they go easy on him when he returns to his home land.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Rum and Pineapple Juice: 150 Somali Shillings

Palm tree for shade: 2,000 Somali Shillings

Harem of lovely boys and girls: 16,000 Somali Shillings

death penalty for watching sports: ... Priceless

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That's what i thought to, hearing all the things about North Korea and their crazy Leader it makes me worry about the coach and the players.
Well at least losing only 1:2 against Brazil is more or less a success for such a country

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by b0sanac

The true muslim problem is that the majority of peace-loving muslims never come out and publicly denounce these types of things. If there was a concerted efffort to do so, the world would look upon islam in a more favorable manner. But since there is never a public muslim outcry against these stories or any call for action against those who perpetrate them, the world can only assume it is due to one of the following:

1) muslims are afraid that they will be killed if they speak out
2) muslims secretly condone what was done

Just realize that both a and b reveal that this religion is not the religion of peace it claims to be.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Absolutely, and let me tell you NK didn't play bad - especially the first half! They had Brazil in some awkward situations. As a South African, I'm proud that we have pulled this off! I'm hearing good news everyday.

What blows my mind away completely is the amount of foreign car flags ALL over here in Canada. It's a beautiful site, so many of us driving around with our country flags.... It took me 3 hours on Sunday to get my SA flag. It's nuts here!!

But we believe in the "beautiful game" and that's what it is! I can't wait for the game tomorrow! SA vs Uruguay - It's going to be a cracker! I hope this can unite the world like it did SA in the 95 Rugby World Cup?

K'Naan is a Somalian Canadian, and his song is the official anthem, how special is that!

It's all good - we need to be positive and believe in humanity!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Yes I was almost mad at the commentator for blaming the goalie for the first goal. I'm like, "You realize his leader is psycho, right?" It was an almost unthinkable goal, as easy as the Brazilian made it look.

But the North Koreans put on one of the most respectable team efforts I've ever seen, especially defensively. I didn't see a hint of unsportsmanlike conduct the whole time, yelling at the ref only once. Only respect player to player. Strange I'd never see this until North Korea played Brazil.

Brazil 2 - North Korea 1, even France would be proud of that.

I was mostly impressed though, by the North Koreans practical play, teamwork, and humility. They were very supportive of eachother all along, so were the Brazillians. It's probably the best game in terms of both teams attitudes that I've ever seen.

And they say Kim Jong Il chooses the Tactics, not bad "coach" but it is (very) sad to see a nation with so little freedom even the head coach of the world cup team doesn't make any decisions.

Edit: as far as being on topic, this is a case for the North Korean squad and coaches to be allowed to keep their heads...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am a Christian working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and i can say that the people who carried this murder out in the name of Islam are simply using religion for the purpose of legitimizing their crazy thoughts.

I have many Muslim friends here in Saudi, and they ALL watched the World Cup, without fear of reprisal, and in mainstream Islam, there are no executions being carried out for watching football.

These people in Somalia executing under the name of Islam is no different than the Christian right blaming Katrina on homosexuals and sin...Man using religion to justify his bigotry.

The majority of Chrisitans are good. The majority of Muslims are good. The majority of Jews are good. The majority of the other religions and non believers are good...it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the batch...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

Hardcore soccer fans.

That's what i would call people who would choose to watch soccer over the threat of death. Unfortunately for a few the threat was followed with action.

Sheikh Mohamed Abdi Aros, a spokesman for the militants, said that, "We are warning all the youth of Somalia not to dare watch these World Cup matches." He said that the people of Somalia should focus on pursuing jihad and not, "watching mad men jump up and down."

Whack jobs. That's what these people are.

g.au.sports.y ahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Specially trained by the CIA too!!!!!!

2nd line

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Show me one verse in the Koran prohibiting soccer? If you cant then this is not the religion of Islam, it is some contrived law/religion suited to be beneficial to the creators. Just as the banking scheme is beneficial to the bankers here in the US. You think sharia law is beneficial to muslims or is real Islam? You people are just full of ignorance. Who does the bailout money/law benefit? you, nope the people who wrote it and those who backed them. This is not Islam, it is people acting on it using the name "islam" when it is not it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTEngel
I am a Christian working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and i can say that the people who carried this murder out in the name of Islam are simply using religion for the purpose of legitimizing their crazy thoughts.

I have many Muslim friends here in Saudi, and they ALL watched the World Cup, without fear of reprisal, and in mainstream Islam, there are no executions being carried out for watching football.

These people in Somalia executing under the name of Islam is no different than the Christian right blaming Katrina on homosexuals and sin...Man using religion to justify his bigotry.

The majority of Chrisitans are good. The majority of Muslims are good. The majority of Jews are good. The majority of the other religions and non believers are good...it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the batch...

Exactly. But the good muslims are not heard.
If you have so much muslim friends, can you try to presuade them to apply pressure to their clerics to speak aloud and publicly criticize and denounce this kind of fanatic behaviour? If my religion was used for something like this, I would be outraged and condemn them. Why arent they?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
These were murders, regardless of the religion they were. The title "islamic" is given to them simply to make it seem that all muslims do this, which is simply not the fact. These people are just psycho murders and could have been born into any religion.

except the only religion with a jihad is islam.

except the only religion that did a jihad (religious war) was the Christians with the crusades.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
Seruously??...I mean what do you say to this besides what the hell? soccers a fun game the whole point competition isnt to kill people over it.

This is what is special about America, and some EU nations. We fought for independance so that we could restore our God given right to liberty. The people in Somalia have no willpower, and therefore are not going to have liberty.

They outnumber the militants. The oppressed always outnumber the oppressors. The ignorance of that fact is what allows people to live under tyranny.

What they need is encouragement, some literature, and maybe a few guns. Let them build their own traction and earn their own liberty.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by tarifa37

That's what i thought to, hearing all the things about North Korea and their crazy Leader it makes me worry about the coach and the players.
Well at least losing only 1:2 against Brazil is more or less a success for such a country

I jokingly said to my son when NK scored a goal" He's the only one going back alive"

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is peace I wanted to see in see in South Africa... after all these years. Sports brings us together, and we forget about racial divide! That's what we should be about!

Enjoy:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder if these psychos would have been so intent on murdering young football fans if Somalia had qualified for the 2010 world cup?.........because they entered it, they just weren't good enough to qualify

Somalia National Football Team

On a side note.........you even mention Manchester United in my house....................your dead!

[edit on 15/6/2010 by Argyll]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

That is a beautiful video, thanks for sharing it. But you are right, when we come together for friendly competition, it should bring us together. We may lash and fight while the game is on, but when it is over we shake hands. This is what I was taught about the great game since I could walk. I often tell my friends nothing is sacred, but if anything is sacred, these sort of things are.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The fact that Islam even needs to launch a permanent PR campaign calling itself "the religion of peace" speaks volumes. Usually when people, or ideologies, go on the defensive there's a reason for it. No smoke without fire.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yep, there's two books of religion to follow....The Holy Bible and the God damn koran

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I always love it when, after another barbaric act is committed in the name of Islam, people feel they need to chirp out something about this not being about how the majority of Muslims feel, or what the religion really teaches, or how Muslims behave overall.

Later in the day...and tomorrow, and next week when similar stories surface we will have to be reminded again that the followers of the Religion of Peace don't really believe in killing and torturing people for just about any perceived slight.

Watch soccer...DEATH PENALTY. Draw a picture of Mohammed...DEATH PENALTY. Get raped...DEATH PENALTY. Convert to another religion....why, DEATH PENALTY of course. Marry somebody your Muslim father doesn't like...DEATH PENALTY carried out by Mom, Dad or Brother.

Face it. Islam is the Religion of Death.

well it is kind of like how some people feel the US military are terrorists and any mistake they do should be considered a death penalty.

pot calling kettle black

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
jewish propaganda stinks

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join