It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts about COD: Modern Warfare 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So I got this game about a week ago after doing the unthinkable (to me anyway) and upgrading to an XBOX 360. I remembered when this game came out that the mission "No Russian" was controversial and was cut from some foreign versions of the game.

Needless to say, spoiler alert if you haven't played this game yet.

I remembered this so I played the game fully and to be honest there were other parts that made me even more sick than the idea of a spy killing civilians.

For instance, you hear a piece of information from one of your squadmates that the Russians are invading to kill "1000 Americans for every Russian". This alone should have been more talked about. The idea that the Russians are blood thirsty doesn't wash. If such a situation did happen it is doubtful they'd invade (or be able to) and just start killing civilians.

Another part that irks me is the part of invading a Russian Sub Base just to launch a nuke to EMP the entire East coast. What writer thought that one up? I mean come on it just isn't right. First off our current policy in such a situation would be to launch back in a full strike. Second why this idea to just nuke the East Coast?

Related to this was when the missile was incoming and then detonated to EMP. At first the Generals are all ok with losing DC and just thinking that it could be rebuilt. Then after the bomb goes off, they send in airstrikes to level the city. If the US were invaded you can bet we would not be bombing the White House.

Not to mention that that entire level was just creepy. Especially the copy of Frankenstein left on the President's desk in the Oval Office.

I just needed to vent these, and I just wish they'd let the whole game be reviewed before making controversy over a levelt hat just isn't worth it overall.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's an excellent game, it's pure fiction not based on fact and it is designed to be played and enjoyed NOT dissected and examined for any truth or conspiracies etc etc..
The story line was written to 'involve' you as your playing it and without giving away any details, it achieves an emotional level, especially the 'double cross'!!! and knowing you are on the'good guys' side !!

It's just a game !! good way to release some of the days frustrations without offending anyone else.......

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WEll its not supposed to be super accurate, and I quite enjoy the story line. I cant wait til the next one comes out either!!!

Mulitplayer also kicks ass, thats when you finally get good enough to tough it out with the best of them, lol

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I enjoyed the Single Player. Player through it 2 or 3 times (whatever the hardest mode is).

Some of the subject matter was bizarre, but, it is the work of fiction. The 'no Russian' scene was controversial because civilians were getting mowed down NOT because Russians were doing it.

As for my review of the game.

Single Player campaign - great
Single Player Ops Missions - great
Multiplayer - Fun if you want mindless running around and shooting. If your looking for a game that makes you feel like you have accomplished something... this is not the game. If you want a game that requires teamwork... this is not the game.

I still play the Multiplayer every now and again, sometimes the craving to be a Rambo makes me play it, and i do enjoy my time.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
rambo stye don't work for me whenever i get to play, you'll die so quick. and it is not mindless, I'm good at adapting to just about any fps, and sometimes to usually, i get my @ss handed to me.

my class on my friends p3

Rpd with grip
striker with grip
claymores
flash bangs

scavenger pro
silent footsteps
martyrdom

i like but everyone has a niche

fighting that level at the white-house was nuts. i failed

[edit on 30-8-2010 by quantumdragon]

top topics