It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Destroying Evidence, Namely the Life Being Effected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Has anyone heard about how the EPA wants to necropsy all the dead animals to see how they have died regarding the oil spill?

I light of that, I couldn't believe when I found this article about how the clean up crews are handling the carcasses on the beach.

With oil undisputedly hitting the beaches and the number of dead wildlife mounting, BP is switching tactics. In Orange Beach, people told me BP wouldn't let them collect carcasses. Instead, the company was raking up carcasses of oiled seabirds. "The heads separate from the bodies," one upset resident told me. "There's no way those birds are going to be autopsied. BP is destroying evidence!"
Source

They are acting in such a bad manner, in so many ways.

According to NOAA they should be doing everything they can to preserve the animals to return the environment back to normal as possible:

Hundreds of birds including pelicans, seagulls, terns and gannets are being gathered by wildlife teams in an effort both to save them from their veils of oil and to help them recover from the effects that it can have on their lungs and digestive systems. At the same time, government scientists and the seasoned nonprofits that the government usually hires to respond to major wildlife disasters have set up animal rescue centers along the coast. Within those operations are morgues and temporary freezers where the dead animals are cataloged and examined.

Examined so they can undestand the effects of the spill has had upon the life about the region.

Yet it seems a sinister plan to avoid the penaties of the dmage is underlying:

It is not so much the number of dead creatures as how they died that matters to the government, although obviously the more the harm, the higher the possible penalty," said University of Michigan Law School professor David Uhlmann, who worked for seven years as chief of the environmental crimes section at the federal Department of Justice.
Source

Well ATS what are you thoughts about the way things are going with the life being effected by this disaster?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
heads separated from bodies
is NOT destroying evidence.

An old friend told me that vets
use the head to test for certain types
of conditions. Rabid animals are done
this way to see if they are indeed
infected. They do not need the entire
body to do this testing. The parts not
needed are thrown away.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I guess I need to find the news reports were the workers are purposefully doing that so that necropsy won't be possible.

They do not need the entire
body to do this testing. The parts not
needed are thrown away.

I have to disagree with your post, if you completely mutilate the carcass it would destroy evidence, no matter what.

Kind of hard to prove cause of death without the head.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Seeing how they'd want to show the effects of the oil on the life in the gulf, throwing away parts of the animals doesn't make a bit of sense now does it?

How would you show the detriment to brain matter and tissues in the skull is there isn't one?

Think about it, seriously no Vet in this matter is going to throw away animal parts and data to help them solve the issues of exposure.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
I have to disagree with your post, if you completely mutilate the carcass it would destroy evidence, no matter what.

Rabies testing should be performed in accordance with the CDC
standardized protocol.28 The testing should be performed by a
qualified laboratory as designated by state or local health authorities.

The most commonly used test to diagnose rabies in animals is the direct
fluorescent antibody test (dFA).

* This is a post-mortem test, as it requires brain tissue from the
suspected animal, and the brain should be left intact.

* It is highly recommended that the head of the animal be
refrigerated (not frozen) when shipped to the diagnostic laboratory.

* Chemical fixation of brain tissue should be avoided. Except for the
submission of very small animals (e.g., bats), only the head or brain
(including brain stem) should be shipped.

www.avma.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
u misunderstood what I said.
I meant the head would be needed
and NOT the rest of the body
for rabies testing. Therefore
separating the heads from the bodies
follows protocol if they are looking
for rabies in the animals.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
RABIES?!?! wtf would they want to test for rabies?
only mammals are susceptible to rabies. birds are not mammals.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

yes birds can have rabies

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

u misunderstood what I said.
I meant the head would be needed
and NOT the rest of the body
for rabies testing. Therefore
separating the heads from the bodies
follows protocol if they are looking
for rabies in the animals.

Rabies? Yeah I did understand what you said, how did rabies come up??

We are talking about animals exposed to the oil spill now right?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by FuGGer

yes birds can have rabies

wiki.answers.com...

thats a load of BS!!

if you #ing put the aids virus in them EXPERIMENTALLY...yea then birds can get aids too LOL

and back to topic. testing for rabies? wtf for? they died from the black goop found in the sea and beaches that were not there 1+ months ago!! oh its OIL.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

and back to topic. testing for rabies? wtf for? they died from the black goop found in the sea and beaches that were not there 1+ months ago!! oh its OIL.

Yes it was oil and that was the idea of the thread is the workers are destroying the deceased animals bodies so that a full necropsy cannot be done.

I thought this was extremely sick, since it is illegal to do such things to animals even when they are dead.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
While I agree that rabies (a brain virus) is quite different than oil, what do they even need to test them for if they were killed and partially dissolved by oil mess and its array of solvent content?

HuffPost isn't exactly what I'd call a source, although if there is good reason to test them that I'm missing, and more data comes in, this is a story I'd add to the 'investigation wall'.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

HuffPost isn't exactly what I'd call a source, although if there is good reason to test them that I'm missing, and more data comes in, this is a story I'd add to the 'investigation wall'.

I agree and huff post.

I am trying to find the news clip that I got the huff post article from.

It was Keith Oberman on MSNBC tonight and he was talking about the issues with the animal necropsy.

No luck finding it yet but I haven't given up.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
im not sure if i would go out of my way to collect carcasses. but i would certainly take photographs.

i think the people have the right to know the impact the oil spill has had on wildlife. i wonder if anyone know how many birds, turtles, etc have died because of the spill.

bp can reimburse the fishermen and businesses that have been affected economically but what are they going to/doing about the wildlife? i hope someones looking out for them...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

wish they would start by "destroying" the leak and source of it, so to speak.

i can't imagine what priorities and BP motivators must have been in place that caused such a disaster...

but then again, i've never been in a position to determine what choices are made in order to make the company such profits. this error exceeds the capacity of my imagination, simply because money first and foremost as an catalyst for success elludes my logic.

i'm not sure how related i am to the "upper class" rich types who have had money (information and control) for generations, and what agendas they have been accomplishing with that money, information, and "control".

sometimes i wonder what would really have to be going on in their reality to justify where we are now, and what it is we are doing.

what variables exist to make what "they" are doing benificial?

what is this, day 58 now?

ignorance and blindness and ill preparation and how many other "above the law" mentalities would have to existed in their ... apparently disfunctional work ethics...

what happened, what is happening, has well surpassed my wildest expectations of willfull neglect to put anything else first befor the almighty:

$

edited to add:

i wouldn't have spent one dime on advertizing and public relations, let alone $50 million or more, before spending that money on less than covering up their blame, .... they should have spent that money before hand instead of afterwards on p.r. propoganda.

personnaly i think what is going on is a kin to:

corporate marshall law

they do control the information concernin this and the causes, don't they?
no oversight, no pre-sight, no foresight, no aftersight, no undersight, no accountability, but a slew of well (oil well) lobbyists in DC....

incalcuably stupid, a brand new level of incompetence the world has no basis for reference when judging the full scope of.

and i'm supposed to believe that more than 99% of my dna is identical with those people who made collective choices to do the things that lead up to negligent murder, loss of human life, and this ecological genocide?

and BP still has that green logo after this?
their real green logo should be:$

mindboggling, anti-natural

ya, anti-natural effects
anti-natural act of war, corporate sponsored anti-natural terroristic environmental sabatoge with what social engineering positives?

this is not an oportunity for learning, this is a corporate act of war.

enough of my rant, i guess.

thanks,
ET

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

wish they would start by "destroying" the leak and source of it, so to speak.

I wish the leak was shut like BP's mouth and money revenues.

It just really irks me that they can still be in business after all this, yet no one is mad enough to stop driving they vehicles.

I guess the needs and being dependent on BIG oil and Government is exaclty what they want so no matter the screw ups they as in above continue as nothing ever happened.

A sad and sick world we live in today.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was going to post this.

These people get worse and worse every day in my mind. If they are hauling away the dead bodies of those birds without the proper agencies being able to at least count them, we'll never know the TRUE extent of life lost among these birds.

From the OP source:

Only one percent of the dead sea birds made landfall in the Gulf of Alaska, for example. That means for every one bird that was found, another 99 were carried out to sea by currents.

This is an outrage (yet another one). Why is this allowed to happen? How can BP be controlling the media coverage? Why did the FAA allow a 3,000 feet restriction for planes? Why is the gawd dang federal government helping BP to cover their tracks? My head is going to pop!

Since to may flames would be annoying, let's say this one is the equivalent of one thousand:

A-holes...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This might be a matter of semantics but I read "The heads separate from the bodies" a completely different way. I thought the resident was saying that while BP is "raking up" the carcasses, the heads are coming separate from the bodies, thereby destroying any chance for NOAA or other agencies to do proper necropsies on the birds since they can't match up the heads to the bodies and measure the effects on the body and brain comparatively.

I think if the resident meant to imply that the heads were being purposefully separated from the bodies he/she would have said "they are separating the heads from the bodies".

I really don't know, but that's how I read it. I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I think if the resident meant to imply that the heads were being purposefully separated from the bodies he/she would have said "they are separating the heads from the bodies".

I really don't know, but that's how I read it. I could be wrong.

I agree with you 100 percent! That is exactly how I saw it so that the study of the effects would be degraded and the fines imposed would be so much less, at least as what I get from this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The more I hear about the BP oil spill and how they are handling it the more I can't believe that we are actually letting them get away with it! Furthermore I can't believe US bp gas stations are still booming with business. I can't believe we are letting them set up a gestapo on the beaches. I can't believe we are letting them destroy evidence especially when it's our natural American wildlife.

With oil undisputedly hitting the beaches and the number of dead wildlife mounting, BP is switching tactics. In Orange Beach, people told me BP wouldn't let them collect carcasses. Instead, the company was raking up carcasses of oiled seabirds. "The heads separate from the bodies," one upset resident told me. "There's no way those birds are going to be autopsied. BP is destroying evidence!"

from the OP. Yes beheading these animals is not destroying evidence. Not letting researchers collect them is!

Why are we sitting back and doing nothing?!

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!! Where are the torches and pitchforks!?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join