It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "GAIACOMM... The technology of H.A.A.R.P." thread was a hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Most of the thread was a hoax! energy_wave and gaia have been banned. energy_wave hoaxed the board once before, and was warned not to again after this apology to the community: www.abovetopsecret.com... Energy_wave supposedly convinced Dr. Judah Ben-Hur to participate in a discussion on GAIACOMM and wireless technology. For some reason, Dr. Judah Ben-Hur did not want to register as a member, and used the gaia account instead. The IP of the user gaia did not change after the supposed Dr. Judah Ben-Hur began using the gaia account to post. It is very clear this is a coordinated hoax, based in-part on actual data, by energy_wave and gaia. There may certainly be reality in the some of the science and other concepts discussed, however, we do not tolerate these types of games to attract attention on AboveTopSecret.com. We're sorry that this situation of a hoax against our members went on without notice as long as it did, but when discovered, was put-down quickly. No matter what anyone would have you think, on ATS: Truth is more important than website traffic. We expect members to respect the community. It is against the terms and conditions to knowingly post false info. The banning of these two members has nothing to do with the nature of the material they posted, and everything to do with the way they attempted to fool ATS members as to who was participating in the discussion. If anyone would like to start a new thread, with real participants, on the topics discussed in the original thread, please feel free to do so. [edit on 11-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would like to point out an e-mail I wrote to him

Dear Mr. *****:

The recent posts under the new thread are posted by me. The original poster who had the Gaia name has allowed me to use it for a bit.
Thank you for your concern.

Regards,
Dr. Judah Ben-Hur
CTO
Gaiacomm International
www.gaiacomminternational.com

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 05:59
Subject: Gaiacomm Inquiry

Dear Sir,
Someone recently logged on to a forum I frequent claiming to be you, would this be correct?
The thread address is here; www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you scroll down a couple of pages you will see a user Gaia posting under your name, I was just interested as to whether or not this is the case..

Regards,
Henry

---

Worth finding out which name the gaiacomm website is registered under then?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
WOW!

Howard Roark called it on that one! Well done.

Energy_waves posts were beginning to get a little out of hand based on pure conjecture and heresay and never backing them up with links anyway.

Good job Admin!

Keep up the good work.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh, I'd just like to add that I was initially suspicious because..
Dr. Judah Ben-Hur.... is also the star of a film called Ben Hurr which I watched just last week =p

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes, there was no doubt as to the veracity of the thread but it was fun watching "the good doctor" squirm under increasing demand for details and clarification. The question remains, what of this? Every bit as fraudulent as the former.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I knew it, I just knew it.

I didn't say anything, becuase I didn't want to get flamed.... but something told me that it was all fake.

Especially when Gaia, supposedly gave thier username and password on to the DR. yeah right.

Good work as usual Skeptic...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Interesting what google turns up
Here
Seems this scam is being pulled across the internet, and that the good physicist also fancies himself as a bit of a politician (see the chinadaily.com link)

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me he question remains, what of this? Every bit as fraudulent as the former.
The rash bin has received another hoax-filled thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think that we all knew anything coming from energy_wave should be taken with a grain of salt. Well, anyone that has been around for a while.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone Good work as usual Skeptic...
Don't thank me... super heros are only able to react upon what they know! Thank the concerned members of this community who turned the SO floodlight toward the server and summoned the Overlord to his duties!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Very strange behaviour, it's quite sad really. They wont be missed...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I absolutely love the new range of superhero pictures skeptic overlord...
Top points!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha I absolutely love the new range of superhero pictures skeptic overlord... Top points!
Denying ignorance is dirty business. Which is why I wear gloves! (Maybe we'll have Skeptic Overlord action hero t-shirts in the ATS store when it opens up!) [edit on 11-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
He needs a bruce lee side kick to adminster hearty helpings of Kung Fu.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lol lysergic, you beat me to it, I was just going to suggest that SO needs a side kick.

We need a run down of his superhero stats, such as

A list of his superpowers
weaknesses
Arch enemies
and a catchphrase, cause every super hero needs one.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just look at the first pic in this thread, and you'll find the catch phrase...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I guess my b.s. meter must be working, as I automatically skipped over both the Aussie Bloke and GIACOMM threads.

Gotta say, Overlord, those are some spiffy poses you've got there! Ever thought about your own comic strip or flash episodes?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, we knew it would happen, energy_wave is seeking attention by talking trash about ATS on other discussion boards. -sigh-

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
talking trash about ATS on other discussion boards.
WTF you mean there are others?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dance upon his e-grave.

Thank you Supreme Egolord... oops... Mr Overlord sir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join