It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Earthquake Hit Southern California

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111
Don't wanna go to work tomorrow; old freakin' 19 story slab concrete building.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by lel1111]

My company finally moved out of a 50-year-old "tip-tilt" slab building into a single story this year. Every time there was a quake, I'd think "tip-tilt, oh crap".

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A small one just hit 4.3

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
~ 34 quakes in the past hour? Stay safe you guys.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak
~ 34 quakes in the past hour? Stay safe you guys.

Second line.

Likewise no matter where your at.

Lets hope this will pass, and none of the theories, predictions, be true, or close to it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Okay here ya go, I'll just post it here in case anyone else wants it:

USGS_EQ_SoCal Twitter Link

and another fav of mine for global earthquakes and tsunamis:

NewEarthquake

I have them sent to my phone, at this rate my In Box is going to be full by morning. It's still...one after another...

[edit on 6/15/2010 by Whisper67]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Twitter is working again, after being down for 2 hours. Interesting stuff here. Seems strangely coincidental.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
aw crap. not this again.

guess ill prepare anyway, gunna be a long night i suppose.

on edge up north

maybe ill let the dogs in....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Twitter is working again, after being down for 2 hours. Interesting stuff here. Seems strangely coincidental.

Even stranger, I checked before the earthquake happened and the Twitter website stated it was a pre-planned event to have Twitter down. What timing eh?

And...it's down again.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

Even stranger, I checked before the earthquake happened and the Twitter website stated it was a pre-planned event to have Twitter down. What timing eh?

What are the odds. Would of been even more odd if the USGS website went down aswell.

Btw Is it down again?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Might as well check in for Apple Valley. The 909. I.E. I was in the garage all this time. Felt nothing. Seems to be working up to something though.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

It's being overloaded. When I refresh the USGS_EQ_SoCal feed i'll get "Twitter is overloaded" or "Something is technically wrong" 4 out of 5 times.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesPeak

That's what it was saying an hour before the quake as well.

I was hoping since it was back up, that was good sign with the coincidence of it all but now...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
1.4 2010/06/14 22:50:23 33.255N 116.050W 0.0 10 km ( 6 mi) WSW of Salton City, CA

Thats 30mins away, Its getting closer down south.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

The site did go down for a bit. I tried reporting what I felt, and I just kept getting an error message. It still is having trouble, but sporadically. I felt it pretty good where I live, just 10 miles east of Downtown L.A.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

twitter.com...

These don't seem to be reporting the same information. Why is that? Is it because the quakes coming through twitter haven't been reviewed by a seismologist yet?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Back in January when we had the 6.5 up here in Northern California,I had alot of things go flying out of my kitchen cupboards and have since kept a couple of them secured with bungee cords.

...Just a little advice for anyone who wants to take it!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Felt light tremor(almost 2 sec) 30m E East of Phoenix AZ, did feel the last one back the 6.9 also.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Back in January when we had the 6.5 up here in Northern California,I had alot of things go flying out of my kitchen cupboards and have since kept a couple of them secured with bungee cords.

...Just a little advice for anyone who wants to take it!

Yeah, Im glad my Tv didnt fall this time, not like when the 7.2 hit, but my dvd, and satellite box did fall off.

It feels very awkward outside.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

And...it's down again.

Weird! I didn't see it was preplanned! Thats an even bigger coincidence!

Its working now with intermittent errors.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak

These don't seem to be reporting the same information. Why is that? Is it because the quakes coming through twitter haven't been reviewed by a seismologist yet?

That's a good explaination. It's rare but I have seen them downgraded and a few deleted. These seem to come real time so perhaps it's feed out from a computer and read after.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a fairly large quake had been deleted all togeather, not downgraded, deleted. I was like 'what the hell, someone bump into a desk or what?'

I've found both links I posted to be very reliable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join