It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Japan footage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm all for rational explanations and all, but that looks absolutely nothing like a balloon to me. The balloon explanation does not figure into the changing shape in the center.

A lot of people here seem to immediately knock any video posted without first giving it the benefit of the doubt. If some poster, much more intelligent than I, comes here and shows with any form of proof or forms a legitimate case for it being a balloon, then so be it.

But from where I'm sitting, this is a pretty legitimate UFO video.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hard to tell from a youtube video. What it looks like to me is a spherical balloon with reflective circular panels that is slowly rotating. It could also be a CGI model. It could also be an unknown real object.

The people filming don't sound very excited, though.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm a believer,

to me it looks like cgi work.

but it could well be a ufo.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Good find! I would feel inclined to say that it's likely a balloon, because of the way it moves, except that when I took a closer look at the video it seems impossible for any non-changing shape to "rotate" in such a way.

Try this yourself. Watch the video again and pause it whenever it looks like it could be a 3-dimensional shape (like a donut or whatever else). Try to think of all possible shapes that could produce that silhouette you're seeing. The closest thing I could think of is an hourglass shape with a wide hole going through it, and two thin arms going down the outside of it:

If you keep that shape in your head while you watch it, it seems possible. But then there are times when this shape seems to rotate from one side to the other without ever showing the hole in the middle, which would be physically impossible.

The only other thing I could think of, and of course this is entirely hypothetical, would be some kind of craft meant to be completely invisible to viewers below, but which is either malfunctioning or is still in the prototype stage. The basic principle for artificial invisibility would be to gather light from behind the craft and re-project that light in front of the craft, so that a viewer below sees the sky behind the craft instead of the craft itself. Here's what I mean:

I could also see this being CG. Honestly there isn't much you can't do with computer graphics these days. The only way to come close to disproving this theory would be to analyze the original footage.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Quite errie looking at that

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was going to dismiss this as a hoax maybe as I could not find any other reports or images of the UFO and the landscape below seemed quite populated,

Until I found this photo taken in mid 1950's Yokohama Japan, this UFO looks similiar
*cue eerie music* there baaaaack!

Well you never know!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

"Big Boss" - 日本語を話しますか? 私のはだめだよ。

It's too fast and muffled for me to make it out.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dude! This is awesome! how long ago was this, I'd love to do more studying on this UFO

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Can you explain how the centre hole appears as circular then square?

Video compression do it with almost any video on YouTube. Such anomalies also contribute to sense of seeing something strange. I bet that if you where seeing it in the sky with binoculars you wouldn't think in it as an UFO.

If the object was turning, the hole would appear as an elipse and then widen into a circle when it's face on with the viewer, wouldn't it?

Not from the YouTube video, as I said, because of the compression. Just try to imagine yourself seeing a balloon in the same shape spinning in the sky, normally after a few seconds or minutes watching you would figure it out as a common balloon since it don't do anything extraordinary. All the weirdness come from the video anomaly, apart from that, the object acts exactly like a balloon.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It looks like a balloon of a mug/cup with 2 handles

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtaftm
I'm a believer,

to me it looks like cgi work.

but it could well be a ufo.

Hmmm. After looking at it a few times, I'm reluctantly getting that impression myself. I've seen some other examples of cgi ufos that have a similar morphing characteristics. I don't like that at times it looks polygonal. That's something I'd expect a hoaxer to do with cgi. They usually try to get a little too fancy and give it away.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

To me that Picture from the 1950's looks like a flying dinner plate -

Not saying that the photo couldn't be real, and I am not sure if it has ever been debunked?

Shame that this new video does not give us any points of reference to judge the height of it.

I'm calling CGI on this one!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost

Not saying that the photo couldn't be real, and I am not sure if it has ever been debunked?

Shame that this new video does not give us any points of reference to judge the height of it.

if you read page one
i posted an image that shows its approximate height.

here it is again..

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The donut shape and revolving gaps are common symptoms during light refraction experiments. I suspect this was a ufo test using the new cloaking technology.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
Seeing as the UFO forum hasn't been very productive for awhile..
Hopefully this is new to you all.
Filmed in Yokohama Japan, June 2010

Nightrun.....

It does appear to move / float along slowly like a balloon would.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Could you please upload it to ATS..
I can't open youtube, please don't ask why

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah I only uploaded it because it was the only other UFO pic I could find in Yokohama japan, and its slightly similiar but alot smaller, not sure if its ever been debunked.

Im starting to think the other one may be some sort of balloon or something manmade, the area below looks populated enough so why only one sighting? I dunno

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They never find these balloon people only the balloon boy.
Guess they don't want to hear how stupid they are from
hordes of press people and ATS posters.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be hilarious to discover that ET eats from an aircraft shaped bowl !

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Is this what the UFO forum has come to now

This is not IMHO an intelligently controlled craft. My gut feeling is this is man made object something resembling an inflatable in the sky. Sorry OP but this will not reignite the UFO forum and with out trusty UFO enthusiast Internos gone, what hope do we have for the forum to go back to its best again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join