It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Media - Videos Not Loading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've been trying to figure out why I can't watch any video in the ATS Media library. Having had no luck, I have decided it's time to look for an answer here. I apologize if this isn't the correct forum on which to post this.

When I pull up a page to view a video, the Conspiracy Chicks one, for example, the page itself loads fine. However the area where the video should display shows only black. When I right-click on that area I get a menu containing two items: "Media Not Loaded..." and "About Adobe Flash Player 10..."

I have tried a few different things - reinstalled the flash player from Adobe, logged into the media site, and tried a variety of different videos. Nothing has changed what is happening. Anyone have any ideas relating to how to fix this?

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was able to figure this out.

After examining the source code for one of the video pages, I noticed that it was looking to connect with something at "cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com". That got me to thinking about the HOSTS file I use on my PC in order to prevent a lot of unwanted trouble with spyware and the like by redirecting any traffic to specified addresses to localhost. So, I opened up the HOSTS file and, sure enough, there's an entry for "cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com". I commented that entry out and now it appears that the problem has been solved.

join