It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Hevesi aide led $35 million fraud scheme: Cuomo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Ex-Hevesi aide led $35 million fraud scheme: Cuomo

www.reuters.com

Reuters) - New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo accused an indicted top aide to former state comptroller Alan Hevesi of running a $35 million fraud over the placement of billions of dollars of investments by the state's biggest pension fund.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, what's with all of the investment scandals as of late? You turn over a rock and see the little cockroaches scatter. Sadly, the ones who are caught are only but a tiny fraction of what's really going on.

Can you imagine how many illegal schemes are actually going on, right under our noses? Could you imagine all of the *legal schemes? It seems that America's wealth is based on scheming and scandals, only. Very rarely do we find an honest "wealthy" person. This really lends credence to the assertion that capitalism is a crooked system, based on greed.

I happen to be a libertarian myself and so believe in free and decentralized markets, which I believe would spawn hard-work, not criminal greed. The system that we have today in the US, is just as far from that libertarian ideal as is communism.

--airspoon

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join