It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mass confusion in my head now over ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
To the OP you're of the 32nd degree according to your sig?

What I've heard is that the true esoteric teachings start after the 33rd degree after it's made sure the brother is reliable to the cause and will benefit the group?

Anyway that's in some of the conspiracies about freemasons. I for one think the majority of freemasons are good men trying to learn more about themselves and help others.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In before dozens of masons rip the anti-masons to shreds..

3, 2, 1.....

*Sigh*

I don't take sides by the way so don't get started.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well,it has been my observation that there is a certain element spreading the false hoods against Mason's and the whole masonic fraternal order.

The Catholic church and the pedphillic priesthood of global perverts and criminals have had it in for the Masons for centuries.

The Pope has told the parishes to ex-communicate any Catholic that is known to be a member.

The criminal Catholic church runs thousands of hospitals to over charge their parishioners at.

The Masonic fraternal organization operates 22 childrens hospitals free to any child that needs its services without regard to race,nationality or religion.

The leadership of the Catholic church would rather molest a innocent child not help them.

Which one sounds like a satanic organization?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
In before dozens of masons rip the anti-masons to shreds..

3, 2, 1.....

*Sigh*

I don't take sides by the way so don't get started.

I think sitting back with some popcorn would be fun on this one.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My goodness there are some rude people here.

Is it impossible for you to conduct a respectful conversation with people belonging to groups you dislike?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Why would any society need such an initiation ceremony?

There is a world wide 'Devil' worship conspiracy that has clearly decided to hide itself within Judahism, the Catholic church and for money, most importantly Freemasonry. It's not really hidden very well, the tyrant 'god' of the OT is the same 'god' of the Koran and the 'supreme creator' of Freemasonry. This creator ain't the CEO of the company.

Most Freemasons offer plausible denial of anything dodgy because they genuinely believe what they say, but it seems fairly likely that they haven't looked in to any accusations and if they have, will almost certainly have had their objectivity compromised.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

What do we like about the masons?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

What do we like about the masons?

I assume nothing in your case which is why I said "people from groups you dislike". Are you unable to engage in respectful conversation with people who belong to such groups?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by southerndemolay

3*Master Mason 12/13/08
32* Master of the Royal Secret 3/13/09

Wow! Three months to go from a Master Mason to a full-on 32°!

I must say, I'm not very impressed. The Scottish Rite sounds like a degree mill scam to me.

Isn't that one of the very thing you guys hold against irregular masonry?

On topic: If there was a conspiracy, I doubt they'd let you in after only a few months.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

3*Master Mason 12/13/08

I must say, I'm not very impressed. The Scottish Rite sounds like a degree mill scam to me.

On topic: If there was a conspiracy, I doubt they'd let you in after only a few months.
It's true that you go from 3° to 32° in a weekend, all for the low cost of $175. That's like $6 per degree if you could break it down, which you really can't... The degree mills of the past would explicitly try to get you to pay for each degree separately.

Now, do you "get" everything watching a handful of plays over a weekend? You might pick up a few moral lessons or allegories. But in reality, getting the 32° is just the beginning. If you really want to get something out of it, it takes a lot of reading and a lot of time. Most Scottish Rite Masons don't bother, but there seems to be a recent resurgence in interest, and there are a variety of educational programs available to Masons today.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thanks JN

It seems to me the 1° or at least the 4° should be the beginning. It appears like Scottish Rite Masonry made some changes to cater more to the 'right now' generation. Has it always been so? (I remember you guys posting on here, and I think this isn't the case in the UK, is that right?)

I'm guessing not all Masons agree with the practice. The way I see it, each degree is meant to impart a lesson or moral which needs to be reflected on. (but of course I could be wrong)

Is this practiced in the Blue Lodges as well? Can I go from 1 to 3 in one weekend?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

CN, actually, the original Scottish Rite gave all the degrees inb a matter of minutes!

At the time when the Scottish Rite was created, the rituals existed only in manuscript form. A cover obligation was administered, and the Master Mason was simply pronounced a 32° Prince of the Royal Secret. He was then given the manuscript rituals to study.

Under the Albert Pike administration, this changed. Pike revised the ritual, making them more dramatic in the theatrical sense, with the purpose of having the degrees staged in full ceremonial form. Scottish Rite Temples continue to stage as many degrees as possible, with the following 5 being mandatory: 4, 14th, 18th, 30th, and 32nd.

I personally don't see anything wrong with candidates getting all the degrees in a couple of weekends at a Reunion, *as long as* they study them afterwards. Obviously, if a 32nd degree Mason does not study the degrees he has received, he is not really a Prince of the Royal Secret, regardless of his official title.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by enteri

What I've heard is that the true esoteric teachings start after the 33rd degree after it's made sure the brother is reliable to the cause and will benefit the group?

The 33rd degree is the highest degree of the Scottish Rite of Masonry. Esoteric teachings begin with the first degree, and culminate in the third degree. The additional degrees, including those of the Scottish Rite, elaborate on the teachings of the first three degrees.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

I agree with you that it should take a bit more effort to reach the 32nd. This is what we keep trying to explain to people about the "high level masons". There is no such thing. But A past master has a lot of clout. A member of the grand lodge has a lot of clout, and A past grand master more so. But everyone meets "on the level" so there is no need to feel inferior. I know that kind of takes the excitement and mystery right out of it. But a 33rd degree Scottish Rite mason is also respected. You can't get that degree unless you put a lot of effort into it.

The first three degrees are something that you have to work at. Becoming a 3rd degree master mason is a big deal. Several months at a bare minimum. Most take 5-6 months to complete it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey Sly
Hey wait

I'm a new Mason

Are you telling me I'm not going to be rich and all powerful?

So I'm going to be doing philanthropic deeds an bettering myself and being a part of the history of the greatest freethinking men of time?!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The horrors of becoming a better person and helping out mankind!!!

Oh well, too late to gripe now.

it appears so my brother

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Some people have value within an organization; some people have value to an organization.

Do you in fact see yourself doing something valuable presently? Like say with this thread?

Who would be getting the most value out of your participation with this thread? You, your fellow Masons, the general membership of ATS?

Understanding conspiracies, where they do exist, and they exist everywhere and in everything, is simply being able to determine motive and opportunities of others.

When you aren’t looking for motive and opportunity you aren’t going to discover many conspiracies.

That’s how that works!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
i have a question for you masons out there if you care to elaborate, which i doubt any will, is it true that in the early stages of membership in a particular ceremony you are asked to choose whether or not to spit on the bible and if so whether you did or not and do you know why you were asked to? also before you rush to reply that you are a mason as well as a christian or watever, i understand most masons beleive this is possible unfortunately for them!

no ceromony or degree i have been in requires spitting or disrepecting anything

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

3*Master Mason 12/13/08

It's true that you go from 3° to 32° in a weekend, all for the low cost of $175. That's like $6 per degree if you could break it down, which you really can't... The degree mills of the past would explicitly try to get you to pay for each degree separately.

Now, do you "get" everything watching a handful of plays over a weekend? You might pick up a few moral lessons or allegories. But in reality, getting the 32° is just the beginning. If you really want to get something out of it, it takes a lot of reading and a lot of time. Most Scottish Rite Masons don't bother, but there seems to be a recent resurgence in interest, and there are a variety of educational programs available to Masons today.

which is exactly why i took me a year to complete the Master Craftsman Course and i am now working on Master Craftsman 2 and the College of the Consistory. yes i went from 3rd to 32nd in 3 months.....some jurisdictions offer 1st-32nd IN ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! you dont learn it all in one sitting thats why uou keep going back for more. the pursuit of knowledge and the lifetime study it takes is one of 3 reasons i joined masonry. and just so you know the other 2 are that i wanted to become a better man and 3 to experiance what my grandfathers and father went through and see why they enjoy it so much. so say what you want, there is no conspiracy other than good men trying to better themselves while having fun and helping the community at the same time. and for the A&ASR brethren on here i have seen 17 of the 29 degrees. how bout yall?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Brother,

No degree or Order will convey the ultimate Secret.

The job now, should you choose it, is to return to all the symbols and rituals you've gone through and contemplate their meaning.

It can take years and years for a Mason to finally reach the moment of understanding. The truth of Freemasonry, and indeed of many other mystery schools, cannot be told or written, nor can it be transferred from one person to another.

All of the ritual thus far is to get your mind into a state to find the truth, to find the Lost Word, as it were.

Here is a poem written by Brothers Jack Crawford, and Walter Miller. It contains clues to the question, "where do I go from here?"

The coming years may bring to you success,
The victory laurel wreath may deck your brow,
And you may feel Love's hallowed caress,
And have withal domestic tenderness,

And fortune's god may smile on you as now,
And jewels fit for Eastern potentate Hang over your ambitious heart,
and Fate May call thee ''Prince of Men,'' or ''King of Hearts,' '
While Cupid strives to pierce you with his darts.

Nay, even more than these, with coming light
Your feet may press fame's loftiest dazzling height,
And looking down upon the world below
You may exclaim, "I can not greater grow!"

But, nevermore, O worthy Brother mine,
Can innocence and purity combine
With all that's sweet and tender here below
As in this emblem which I now bestow.

'Tis yours to wear throughout a life of Love,
And when your spirit wings to realms above
'Twill with your cold clay rest beneath the sod,
While breeze-kissed flowers whisper of your God.

O, may its stainless, spotless surface be
An emblem of that perfect purity
Distinguished far above all else on earth
And sacred as the virtue of the hearth,

And when at last your naked soul shall stand
Before the throne in yon great temple grand,
O, may it be your portion there to hear
"Well done," and find a host of brothers near

To join the angel choir in glad refrain
Till Northeast comer echoes come again
Then while the hosts in silent grandeur stand
The Supreme Builder smiling in command

Shall say to you to whom this emblem's given,
"Welcome art thou to all the joys of heaven."
And then shall dawn within your 'lightened soul
The purpose divine that held control-

The full fruition of the Builder's plan-
The Fatherhood of God-The Brotherhood of man.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Some people have value within an organization; some people have value to an organization.

Do you in fact see yourself doing something valuable presently? Like say with this thread?

Who would be getting the most value out of your participation with this thread? You, your fellow Masons, the general membership of ATS?

Understanding conspiracies, where they do exist, and they exist everywhere and in everything, is simply being able to determine motive and opportunities of others.

When you aren’t looking for motive and opportunity you aren’t going to discover many conspiracies.

That’s how that works!

presently? dispelling the rumors of world takeover. find other like minded master masons and network with them. teach toleration and promote peaceful discussion of masonry with those willing to do so in peace and ignore all others. i do not mind speaking with someone who opposes something that i am or that i stand for as long as they do so in peace and harmony. although i can see some in this topic cannot. i started this topic to see who was open for polite discussion. i can tell PT that you have a respectful tone and i admire that. whether you respect the masonic institution or hate the idea that masonry exist does not matter to me as long as people treat me with respect i shall return it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join