It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A murder in the shadow of Everest. Why was an innocent Tibetan nun gunned down by Chinese soldiers i

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

A murder in the shadow of Everest. Why was an innocent Tibetan nun gunned down by Chinese soldiers in the Himalayas?

www.dailymail.co.uk

In 2007, Live's Jonathan Green went to the shadow of Mt Everest to investigate the murder of a Tibetan nun by Chinese troops. It led to an extraordinary book signed up by Hollywood and billed as the new 'Perfect Storm'. This is his irrefutable account of a superpower's shame...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add video:

[edit on 14-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Chinese troops murder helpless refugees in the shadow of Everest. The story of these refugees needs to bring the spotlight back on to the Chinese occupation of Tibet. An Olympic Games can't be the only time we remember what is happening to these people.

We should keep the spotlight on all oppression that continues to go on in the world. China is literally wiping a whole people out.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I saw this video before. It is terrible that they could just shoot down people like that.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
And how many innocent lives have been taken by u.s and uk soldiers everyday in iraq and afghanistan ? The loss of any human life is a tragedy regardless of who does the killing.. Ahh but I forget its ok for westerners to murder non-westerners to further their greed. Got to love western hypocrisy clean up your own acts before condemning others.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
And how many innocent lives have been taken by u.s and uk soldiers everyday in iraq and afghanistan ? The loss of any human life is a tragedy regardless of who does the killing.. Ahh but I forget its ok for westerners to murder non-westerners to further their greed. Got to love western hypocrisy clean up your own acts before condemning others.

I agree, but this isn't about hypocrisy more about a nation thinking it is right to wipe a race of people off the earth. China, like America and the UK have got some seriously bad attitudes towards human rights. Just like in the video of Reuters journalists being killed in Iraq, this is an example of how messed up we have all become.

top topics

join