It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitmen kill 10 Mexican police, 28 die in jail riot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Hitmen kill 10 Mexican police, 28 die in jail riot

www.alertnet.org

ZITACUARO, Mexico, June 14 (Reuters) - Suspected drug cartel hitmen killed 10 police officers and 28 inmates died in a prison gun battle on Monday in Mexico's escalating war over the narcotics trade, security officials said.

Gunmen used a heavy truck to block a highway in the Western state of Michoacan and opened fire on a federal police convoy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mexican authorities recover 55 bodies from mine shaft

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is getting way out of hand. It is more clear than ever that we need to end the prohibition. These *cartels are making way too much money and only because it is illegal. Far too many innocent civilians are dying for this stupid drug war. We need to expose the real perpetrators and hopefully bring peace to our southern border.

Mexico is becoming far more dangerous than Iraq, yet we don't even feel the need to secure our borders. What's wrong with this picture?

--airspoon

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"Last Friday was the most violent day yet of Calderon's presidency with 70 drug-related killings, including the murders of 19 addicts at a rehabilitation clinic in the northern city of Chihuahua, local media reported."

That's absolutely insane

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

yeah mexico is just as bad as iraq, why the hell does the government not feel the need to secure the border?? its ridiculous.. it says to me, "they dont want the borders secured/closed". well why is that you think.."perhaps they have a hand in running the drugs? much like why were in afghanistan? maybe were cornering the drug market, we did just get access to 7 colombian bases too.." not totally crazy is it?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is what happens when you destabilize the drug trade in Mexico, with CIA Intel.

If America Had these thugs rolling around in US cities there would not be a damned thing you guys could do about it.

Why are the borders not secured? Because Dark entities in the US Government want Mexico to fall with an open border so Us Mexicans run UP to those open borders and create a refugee catastrophe to get you Americans used to seeing people being stuffed into concentration camps.

The funny thing is the big picture is so easy to see in this situation. guess no one cares to look.

Mexico is no where near as dangerous as you think tho. If you actually look at the civilian death Vs the total drug related deaths...these Thug cartel guys are actually playing a pretty clean hand believe it or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is terrible news to hear. I'm half Mexican. It always struck me hard. The Mexican drug war is bigger then what we hear on the news. Many different gangs from the world buy many different types of drugs from Mexican drug cartels. If Mexican and American authorities can control the cartels then they will win the battle.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

If America Had these thugs rolling around in US cities there would not be a damned thing you guys could do about it.

Sooner or later, some of these guys are going to realize they can hit a competitor's distribution points on US soil ... and maybe do it easier than they can in Mexico

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

yet we don't even feel the need to secure our borders. What's wrong with this picture?

Merida Initiative, US sending Clinton, Defense Secretary, and other top officials to work with Mexico.

IMO, the US is in charge of this war.

Why Mexico is cooperating or what they get out of it is the million dollar question?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

These cartel guys are not nickel and dime guys lol.

The cartels have absolutely no interest distributing drugs in the US.

They sell by the truckload. That's why they are not in the US in the first place.

This is the process of drugs, It's grown in one place, moved in another and distributed in the US.

Colombia is pissed at the Drugs Pushers in Mexico for fighting. And so are the distributors in the USA. But this is what happens when you take out kings.

But If the drug distributors in the USA had their leaders taken out, there would be more blood on the streets than you see in Mexico. Your cops would be moving to Mexico trust me.

But your cops play nice with drug distributors in the US, They get a few busts here and there for the public eye and the distributes get sections of the city to sell their stuff. Plus the cops get to look like heroes for bagging crackheads on the TV show Cops while American mutual funds thrive off of the economic stimulus the drug market provides.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Holy Crap!!!!!

I know this is off topic but right now as I type I am in the middle of an earth QUAKE!!!!!!

Wow!!

Lasted about 40 seconds!!!

This was a big one somewhere guys look on the news!!!

I'm in the Rosarito aria near San Diego.

On Topic: Drugs are bad mmmmmkay.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Merida Initiative, US sending Clinton, Defense Secretary, and other top officials to work with Mexico.

IMO, the US is in charge of this war.

Heh, you right but those are just the front guys.

The real people behind this war running it are the Pharmaceutical corporations in the US. They have enough people addicted to their pills that they are getting ready to take over the global drug market. they are just setting up the foundation as we speak.

Why Mexico is cooperating or what they get out of it is the million dollar question?

Well as you can see by the death toll, Mexico is not cooperating in the slightest. the Pharm boys are having a bit of a harder time then they expected to have, but they have all the funds they need to wait patiently, Mexico does not on the other hand.

The reason the Mexican Government (PAN) is fighting this war is because Mexico was tired of the 70 year rule of the (PRI) If the PRI had won in Fox's place Mexico would have thrown a revolution So the (PRI) was forced to back off and regroup.

The Election that put Calderon in power was 100% riped off because the PRD Labrador had won that election.

Fox, Calderon and the (PAN) = USA Pharmaceutical Corporations.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

A huge earthquake just happened and you remain typing? LOL. Are you okay??

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Off topic I know but your earthquake might've this one:

4.5 2010/06/15 04:59:46 32.708 -115.948 10.5 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

From the looks of it, you guys have been getting quite a lot of shaking lately.

Ok....you may continue on topic, children.... heheh

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Izarith

A huge earthquake just happened and you remain typing? LOL. Are you okay??

--airspoon

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

new topics

top topics

join