It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two in custody in incident at Macdill AFB "Centcom" ( Breaking) Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Seem's like someone tried to run the gate with gun's and ammo....

"TAMPA -- MacDill Air Force Base closed the Bayshore gate due to an "on-base incident" Monday night.

Two people are in custody and are being questioned.

The incident reportedly involved a vehicle that contained ammunition and guns.

Last month, a man was fatally shot by an FBI agent after an altercation on base."

www.cfnews13.com...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Look's like "CNN" is on this one, full story here.....

"Authorities have established a 500-foot cordon around their sport-utility vehicle, Gosselin said, and video from CNN affilliate WTSP showed investigators probing its interior with a robot. But another Air Force official, who would only speak on condition of anonymity, said no explosives were found".

"Base personnel could be seen removing weapons, ammunition and military-style clothing from the vehicle as well, WTSP reported".

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Possible photo of the vehicle and content's.... look's like they were loaded and ready to go....

www2.tbo.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hello!!!!!!!! Central Command Gate?????????? Anyone????????????

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I flagged this. I am waiting on more breaking information. I wonder if this is just an isolated incident or if this is something else?
I agree that this needs more attention though. This isn't something to just push aside.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I grew up less than 2 blocks from there and I must say the things that have gone on there lately are crazy. If that were me I wouldn't have tried to get in at that gate, because it is a smaller gate than the main gate. Plus they probably have tougher security then most bases only because of what they do on that base.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Gotcha, was aware of the flag, and thanks... I keep waiting for someone else to post it to "breaking alternative news' and get all the replies is all, as usually happen's to my threads... I agree, waiting on more myself...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Your welcome, passed by there myself with my girl one year, didn't get to go on base though, driving a big truck, and they usually frown on that sort of thing....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I work for a defense contractor in Tampa and my company does a lot of work with CENTCOM.

I haven't heard anything here locally in Tampa as of yet, but I imagine if it is anything significant, I'll find out first thing tomorrow morning at work.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Has there been anything new released?
I've been waiting to hear an update all week and still nothing has made the news.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Man...I wonder what is going on in there?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am currently Tampa and live just outside the base (within viewing distance) a few years ago.

There's a complete media and information blackout on this incident which leads me to be concerned. Makes me a little nervous with MacDill being such a high profile target.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Definately something to watch. Near the Gulf. News released on those "missing" Afghanis from the AFB in Texas...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

So they've said nothing in 4 days? Here's something from Fox

some AWOL dude and a woman?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Do you think they could possibly have someone or something on base?

Why in the hell would you try to storm a military base with two people?

Strange...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Interesting and nurve racking story. For those that dont know about MacDill Air Force Base, I didn't, here is the link to the www.macdill.af.mil... website. You might notice that there is absolutely no information about this. No, I'm not surprised. Keep us up to date with any progress.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe they thought they were part of a drill...

I don't know, it doesn't make since.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's an update..

AWOL soldier stopped at MacDill gate going back to Fort Riley

TAMPA - The soldier who tried to get into MacDill Air Force Base with a fake ID and a car full of weapons and ammunition is being transferred back to the Kansas fort he ran away from, according to the U.S. Army.

Christopher P. Kilburn, 26, was assigned to Fort Riley on April 30, 2009. He was reported AWOL on April 6 and dropped from the personnel rolls of the unit May 6, according to a news release from Fort Riley.

On Monday, Kilburn, along with a Palm Beach County woman, resurfaced at MacDill's Bayshore Boulevard gate. MacDill is home of U.S. Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command, which runs the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link