It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Most Philadelphians Not Fit For Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Report: Most Philadelphians Not Fit For Military

cbs3.com

A nonprofit group says that up to 90 percent of young Philadelphians are ineligible for military service because of criminal records, obesity or lack of education

Mission: Readiness is made up of more than 150 retired generals and admirals. The group wants state and federal funding for pre-kindergarten programs that it says give children a solid foundation for academic and personal success.

The report says 145,000 Philadelphians ages 18 to 24 cannot meet the military's medical,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't by this. I have no doubt that there are far too many young people who are inelligible for military service, but 90%?

Phadelphia has a population of over 1.4M and based on the fact that military service includes about 20 years of life span is eligible age for millitary would mean that several hundred thousand people can't cut it for one reason or another.

I have a suspicion that this is about behavior modification, on which there is another thread right now.

More dough for social programs and more government control, now under the umbrella of "national security"

This is a joke

cbs3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The report says 145,000 Philadelphians ages 18 to 24 cannot meet the military's medical, moral and mental standards.

One would think that you would have to be mentally defective to willingly join the military.

At the most base level of your employment, you will be required to kill, on the whims of (controlled) politicians who control you and your unit.

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Well i tell you what...

Follow the money...who is behind the nonprofit?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe it. How many people over 30 were let off the hook for something when they were younger, which now carriess a criminal for life tag? Probably about 90%.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
One would think that you would have to be mentally defective to willingly join the military.

lol, my thoughts exactly.
why would anyone in their
right minds want to join
the military of a corrupt
dysfunctional government
who uses the military like
expendable assets?

They're NOT expendable !!!

Maybe, there is another side
to this story. Maybe these youth
in Philly are smart enough to
be like this so they don't get
drafted.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This is probably the culprit right here:

Makes me hungry just looking at it.

Way to go Philly, lets end all wars through cheesesteak induced obesity!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Think about it.

I thought about it and I think that when the enemy is ready, willing, and able to kill you and destroy your nation, you have an obligation to your nation to be ready to serve in whatever capacity you can.

If that includes killing, then so be it.

It's better than being worthless deadwood.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The biggest issue with Philly is the state of the education system. Most kids are passed just to pass them. Most high school grads can't even do menial math and writing.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Gotta love PHILLY!

Too busy throwing snowballs at Santa Claus!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I thought about it and I think that when the enemy is ready, willing, and able to kill you and destroy your nation,

You're living in the past, GradyPhilpott. Your old WWII mindset is obsolete in this day and age.

If you really think that the USA is under threat from an attacking force, sending massive numbers of troop carrying ships, then you've bought into the old-world propaganda, and you're still helping to maintain the illusion that there's a bogeyman wanting to get in.

The Afghan and Iraqi Navies would be lucky to send a canoe armed with a couple of conscripts, to try and destroy your nation.

China has already sent massive ships to destabalise your nation. No, not troop carriers - cargo ships full of consumable crap that people lap up in irresponsible debt. China doesn't need to try and destroy your nation, when it may possibly one day own it.

Mexico has already invaded your borders and your military leaders do nothing about it. A bit of hush/hush drug money must go a long way to ensure inaction.

Russia - right... like they have the capability to send a fleet of ships your way.

That doesn't leave you many enemies to defend against, Grady.

Damn, it looks like the government and military will have to invent some more reasons to keep a standing army.

You know it's funny how the USA has to go out of its way, invading other nations to pick a fight. Bullies do that. They have a mental defect, they need conflict to feel superior. To be in control.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

I don't by this. I have no doubt that there are far too many young people who are inelligible for military service, but 90%?

Phadelphia has a population of over 1.4M and based on the fact that military service includes about 20 years of life span is eligible age for millitary

27yrs actually.

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

join