It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalin sculpture erected at National D-Day Memorial. Yuck!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If its a D-Day Memorial, then I really don't see why Stalin's bust is there. - its just absurd. If its a general WWII Memorial - maybe.

Including a Russian/Soviet/Stalin nod for D-Day simply because they were an allie in the war, and thereby helped draw German troops away from the western front is wrong. Its like saying Russian Memorials should have US/British acknowledgements due to the IMMENSE amount of aid we sent the Russians (truly staggering figures for those wish to research), and the fact that the western allies diverted German troops from the Russina front by being in Africa, Italy, Greece, the Atlantic, not to mention a punishing bombing campaign that devastated the efficiency of the German war effort prior to D-Day. While also true, it would be a poor excuse to include a US/British homage in Russian memorials to Stalingrad, Kursk, Moscow, etc, etc.

But even if it was a general WWII Memorial, I personally don't believe including a bust of Stalin is appropriate. Even though the Russians were our allies in WWII, and they suffered immensely, Stalin should not be honored in this manner. In short, he was Hitler in another form: Just as brutal, murdering, thuggish, and hateful. His motivation in fighting Hitler was not the salvation of Democracy, liberating people from tyrrany, securing the Four Freedoms, or even the abolishment of nazism per se. It was the survival and perpetuation of the Soviet ideology, and his personal power. And let us remember, that until Hitler attacked Russia, Stalin was quite content to sign a non-agression pact with Hitler, also attacking Poland in collusion with Hitler, and supplying Germany in its war against the west, until the day Hitler attacked.

So enough of the idiotic revisionism, with a soft spot for old-time communism. Stalin was evil and should not be honored with a bust. If anything, some sort of acknowledgement to the common Russina soldier (as someone else has mentioned) may be appropriate - but not Stalin.

And what the hell is it with people here trying to perpetuate the International Jewish conspiracy crap? Hey your guy lost WWII, so just let it go. Focus on something current, like one of the many issues this site is all about.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I understand thoroughly what you are saying though and it's odd how if you kill a man you are a murderer but if you kill a million you are a genius. To me, that statue says we accept communism and mass murderers. But right now, I would be complaining more about how we are getting too chummy with the Chinese, our active communist Toy Maker for the sake of jobs at Wall Mart and to keep some Fat Cat rich and rubbing elbows with Americas Elite. A relationship with an enemy is very dangerous. But that is grounds for another thread

[edit on 16-6-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You are correct, the winter did kick Napoleans ass, too. then, Napolean ditched a good part of his men and left them to die. And he was considered a great General?! ROFL! Well, maybe to a point.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

From the article I read, most historians agree on 66 million that were killed. Some estimates are higher than that. But I can't help but wonder, was it he who ordered them killed or the men in robes behind him that some say, "ran the show." If that is true then he was just a puppet, like U.S. presidents.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

I said zionist, if you are refering to my post,
( if not diregard this)
which pertains to many of the posters observations on this thread.
IMHO ( and I have posted the docs many times that support my opinion)
As zionists invented and funded the communist system that Stalin was the pinnacle of, the statue is as much as a monument to them as it is to him...lately Russia has been moving away from that format while the allied countries have been moving toward it..community organizer indeed
they know what it ia all about I guess

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Just a laterally related video for any of those interested.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I will echo the immortal words of Ronnie Raygun when he said, " People of Virginia, tear down that bust !"

Or.. if it's not accessible I bet enough of you can put pressure on the Gov to make them take it down.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Quote: "And what the hell is it with people here trying to perpetuate the International Jewish conspiracy crap? Hey your guy lost WWII, so just let it go. Focus on something current, like one of the many issues this site is all about." - Excuse me, but what is it with people in here insisting we ignore one particular conspiracy and not the rest? If the germans owned about 80% of the media people would more than likely say what they're preachin' is slanted. So, why can't anyone think that of the people that do run it. Oh, that's right. Those people are protected now and no one can say anything about them. So nevermind, I'll just dig a small hole and stick my head in it like the rest.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My Grandpa fought with the Russian forces against hitler,
he took off from Russia when this SCUMBAG took over...

I hope the person responsible for erecting this statue gets his come upins!!

And I'm not even American!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
Gee, it's almost like the Soviets were allies during WWII or something. Almost like Stalin's forces probably never killed a single American or British soldier during the campaign, and on top of that actually played a significant role in the defeat of Hitler.

Jeez, your acting like he didn't collaborate with Hitler in starting WWII by invading Poland or kill more Jews than Hitler.

Poor ol Uncle Joe was just misunderstood right ?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Here is a couple of links that explains Stalin's place in a DDay memorial.

As a response to Operation Overlord, Stalin planned his own DDay style invasion, which was launched on June 22, 1944.

You can read the text on the website to learn the rest.

In the Tehran Conference, Stalin promised to launch a major offense to follow Operation Overlord. So when the Operation Overlord happened on June 6, 1944, Stalin planned Operation Bagration for the end of June.

library.thinkquest.org...

Remembering D-Day: Part 4 - Stalin's D-Day

A statue of Stalin was raised recently in the Ukraine by the Communist Party against protests from the president and the people of the Ukraine.

Stalin statue unveiled in Ukraine

[edit on 2010/6/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB
reply to post by Danbones

I read somewhere that it was the jewish clergy that he took orders from and that most killed were christians.

I'm going to take a wild guess at where you read that and say Rense.com
Am I right? Because we all now how much Rense loves the Jewish people...sigh.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Hypocrisy of those who dictate political correctnes is staggering.
Over and over and over we are fed the "Hitler was a evil tyrant line" by the media and movie industry.
I agree he was.

Then Stalin a cold blooded evil tyrant who murdered millions of his own kind, who torured and raped millions of Ethnic German women ,men and children in Poland and Germany,who terrorised as many people as was humanly possible, is to be revered.
Who funded the bust? what politicians were involved?
He was worse than Hitler , he killed more human Beings even outside the war years.
This is the most despicable act of cowardly hypocrisy I have read in weeks.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have followed years when Soviet collapsed in my neighboring countries. I think it was very stupid since collapse, how they have turn their backs to history - not looked it in to the eyes, but ignored the memory as whole.

How can you learn fro history by denying it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Every single genocidal murderer in U.S. history has not only a bust, but a 30 foot statue on every corner.

Besides, it is just not a historical fact that Stalin killed all these tens of millions of people.

It's a proven lie that people will always repeat because they hate communism and the equality it represents.

Stalin outlawed abortion.

There's so few Russians in that big land today, they could all fit in Moscow and never see another person for days.

Just think how many would be left if not for Stalin's outlaw of abortion during his time.

Just think how many people have been murdered through abortion since Stalin's death in Russia and elsewhere.

How come nobody hate abortionists?

Stalin was fighting a hundred different forces and yes, he was determined to win all battles.

But so was everybody else in the theatre at that time.

Stalin did good for the world.

He wasn't killing out of racism, to preserve slavery or colonialism, or to take other people's land.

He was fighting for the freedom of Mankind

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Another reason for the hatred of Stalin is because he proved that people will work under a system that doesn't starve them to death if they don't slave like a dog.

He proved that people can advance under such a system by leaping so far ahead technologically it is a thing that seems like a miracle when you actually think about what was done.

From horse and buggy to the moon in 25 years.

From abject poverty to full employment, and housing, to providing resources to the whole world to help them liberate themselves.

There was a post on here about how the Russians are now putting their police in check.

That's a legacy from Stalin's era where he empowered the people, gave them voice, and acted on their complaints.

Stalin's Russia was hell on enemies of the state, but the people as a whole were catered to, which is why most old Russians love Stalin

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Hate to inform you but this Rense guy you talk about isn't the only one.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I Don't recall using anything Jeff Rence has writen as a source
thats just an ad hominem innuendo
useless as boobs on a bull

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Russia was losing the war, and pushed several times from 1942 onwarth on a westfront invasion to lighten the eastfront, to prevent German victory there.
Finally DDay came.
The rest is history, but Stalin was a monster, worse than Hitler, but both didnt do it alone!
They had a lot of minions.. both were puppets.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I Don't recall using anything Jeff Rence has writen as a source
thats just an ad hominem innuendo
useless as boobs on a bull

Well it was a guess on my part since your post read "I read somewhere that it was the Jewish clergy that he took orders from and that most killed were Christians. ".....which had no source to supposed reading of this false assumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join