It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sensation after 'seeing sound' + Amazing Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A few months ago, I did this exercise out of boredom before going to sleep. I had heard about someone having the ability to see numbers in color. On the theory that perhaps everyone has that ability to some degree (though doubtful), I attempted to SEE sound before going to sleep. So, each time I heard a sound I would try very hard to put associations between sound and any mild "random" points of color like when you close your eyes and see a bit of color at random like after looking in a light. To my definite surprise it seemed to start working a bit so I stopped doing that as to not self-designate myself as crazy.

The next morning, I as I woke up I felt a feeling like an "energy ball" or something traveling up my spine and to my forehead where it "rested" a couple seconds and dissipated over another second. It was absolutely startling and strange because it seemed very real... I've never heard of anything like it and have no clue as to what that was.

Then I had a dream today that I'll never forget. I saw this white light and sort of moved toward it because it seemed like one of those appealing lights that in the movies people go into after they die
It got sort of noisy as I moved into it... maybe like electrical noise or something similar. Once I was into the light there was this beautiful classical music playing and along with some of the most amazing vivid kaleidoscope type visual effects (like you could see in music apps like Windows Media Player) that I've ever seen. I went on to have a very vivid dream that eventually degraded into normal dreaming.

The dream was so vivid... its like my brain made its own full orchestra classical music plus all visual effects! It blows my mind I dreamed something so real. I was almost confused as to what was going on because I knew it was a dream but it was just so good. A very comparable experience would be having on VR goggles or something playing special effects while listening to a really great song you are hearing for the first time. I'm not even really much of a music person. I play music it seems like less than once a month. But I do enjoy classical music quite a bit and was playing last month for many hours.

I guess the "seeing sound" exercise even though it was only like a 10 minute experiment did something weird to me

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Google Kundalini awakening or Opening the Head Chakra.
Many people have had similar experiences.

The strange geometric figures and squiggles of lines you see in the blackness of your mind, are called Hypnagogia.
If you are in a totally dark room with absolutely no light source, and stare into the blackness, you will see dots, squiggles, rings of colors after a while.

I once had a similar dream to yours. I was kind of staring into the blackness looking at the colors starting in my mind as I relaxed into a dream. I caught myself beginning to dream, and I saw a spinning vortex of blue light and dreamed music.

I don't know if there is anything spiritual about this. Everyone seems to be going through the same physical process, some people are just better at being aware of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Interesting experiences, and very normal! I agree with jessieg about researching kundalini awakening and 6th and 7th chakra work.

The things you experienced were, in my experience, a connection with astral realms. he dream world can be thought of as an astral realm and it's very easy to go from hypnogogic visioning/dreaming into astral travel.

I'd say keep exploring this kind of thing!

If you do here's a bit of advice you may choose to follow:

believe everything, but also recognize that ALL of it might just be in your head. It's REAL to you. Because the astral realm is this way you can gain a lot from experiencing things in the astral, but it may take years to use the astral to gain info/experience of the "real world."

If you ever get out of body and can't get back - try focusing all your will on seeing your hand and moving one finger.

It's normal to hear a popping sound or wooshing sound going into or out of an astral event.

Check out astral travel threads, there's a lot of good information, but also because each person might see things a little differently don't take any particular person as the end-all be-all of knowledge on the subject.

Have fun!

by the way - when colors or sensations cross from one to another that's called "synesthesia." Studies have shown about 1 in 25 people have some form of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hey my friend. That was a beautifull experience. Very real. Don't listen to the fools that say to you that its just your imagination, that is in your head, etc.

That's real and you simply had access part of your concience that lives in a multidymensional realm.

If this exoerience makes you happy... whats the problem?... are you crazy? OF COURSE... one have to be crazy to fit in this crazy world.

Face the new things that you are going to experience with your heart. Be happy. Feel it and share your feelings giving happy tougths to everybody near to you. With litle practice you can see all the world as beautifull as it is (even the people).

"Live long and prosper".

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedo

Hey my friend. That was a beautifull experience. Very real. Don't listen to the fools that say to you that its just your imagination, that is in your head, etc.

That's real and you simply had access part of your concience that lives in a multidymensional realm.

If this exoerience makes you happy... whats the problem?... are you crazy? OF COURSE... one have to be crazy to fit in this crazy world.

Face the new things that you are going to experience with your heart. Be happy. Feel it and share your feelings giving happy tougths to everybody near to you. With litle practice you can see all the world as beautifull as it is (even the people).

"Live long and prosper".

Thanks
I don't really care if it was real or not... I just should have just said "realistic" to be more clear. Music is just an abstraction... not tangible. Therefore dream music is just as real as any other form of music as far as I'm concerned. The music in my dream was just played without use of speakers

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
www.neave.com/imagination

Go to that link and play with this neat thing. It will look on your computer maybe like what you dreamed. You'll have to supply your own music though.

top topics

join