It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is UFOLOGY Starved of 'Real Deal Encounters' Nowadays?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm no expert on all the famous cases over the years, but the main ones that come to mind for me are - The Roswell Incident, the Phoenix Lights, the battle of L.A. and The Rendlesham forest Incident.

From what i've read over the years, it seems like we have no really huge stories breaking on this subject anymore. There are still huge numbers of sightings, but to be honest most of the video footage etc is very lame to say the least, and with the amount of air traffic it's no surprise these days that sightings have increased.

So where are these big events nowadays?

With all the technology we have to capture footage, and the increase in the numbers of people who have this technology, why are we not seeing any more Roswells or rendlesham forests?

I'm not talking about crappy, wobbly, grainy footage from youtube, and I hope this thread does not get swamped with such clips either. I'm talking to those UFO believers who are really switched on who must notice the same thing I do, the lack of hardcore evidence coming our way these days.

Have we been truly deserted, have the ET's changed their tactics, or was there nothing there to begin with?

G.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

So where are these big events nowadays?

With all the technology we have to capture footage, and the increase in the numbers of people who have this technology, why are we not seeing any more Roswells or rendlesham forests?

Is it possible that Earth is no longer being visited by Aliens?
The honest action for everyone to take is that of patience. Simply manufacturing a cgi mothership over Haiti will not bring Aliens to Earth.
Also does anyone else notice that when internet was slow or non existent these reports of abductions and Ufo sightings were more prevalent?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Dear grantbeed

Well in my opinion the reason for the increase in the nonsense on the likes of Utube is because they exist and the fact that more people are hearing about the subject and taking an interest.

Why are we not getting more of the real stuff, well these things happen or they don’t.
For instance if indeed Roswell was a real event then ET will have taken steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Like issuing orders saying the lighting is far more disruptive on this planet than at home so no flying in thunder storms. Well hopefully you get the point anyway.

The other point is beware the quiet before the storm. The next event may just be the big one.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hi Grantbeed !

Are you familiar with the O`Hare Airport Incident ? That created quite a bit of a stir for a while some time back. (2+/3 years)

With Dan Aykroyd (..... yes the portly ghost-buster & blues brother ) claiming to of bought up video footage of the incident , to be released at a later date .
Talk of inclusion of the footage in an upcoming documentary , delays relating to funding ...... weeks to months .... months to years .

UFO Over Chicago O'Hare / off-air conversation of Newscaster :leaked.

It was certainly intriguing .

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
from some of the documentaries i've seen and testimony i've read, UFO's have the ability to hide in plain sight.

And have some sort of cloaking technology. If their propulsion is using somekind of gravity manipulation it would be easy to accomplish this as gravity bends space and time.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo
from some of the documentaries i've seen and testimony i've read, UFO's have the ability to hide in plain sight.

And have some sort of cloaking technology. If their propulsion is using somekind of gravity manipulation it would be easy to accomplish this as gravity bends space and time.

Yea I thought that about this little number:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think of it this way. The mythology surrounding some of the cases you mention has had a long time to develop. This makes the cases appear more significant than they actually were at the time. Give The Phoenix Lights and The O´Hare Incident fifty years to develop and they too will morph into something we might not even agree with if we heard it now.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I think of it this way. The mythology surrounding some of the cases you mention has had a long time to develop. This makes the cases appear more significant than they actually were at the time. Give The Phoenix Lights and The O´Hare Incident fifty years to develop and they too will morph into something we might not even agree with if we heard it now.

Exactly!

Hi all,

I'm no expert on all the famous cases over the years, but the main ones that come to mind for me are - The Roswell Incident, the Phoenix Lights, the battle of L.A. and The Rendlesham forest Incident.

The Roswell incident and the Battle of LA were not known as UFO incidents until decades later, It took about 31 years for someone to decide Roswell was an interesting case, and longer than that for the battle of LA. So if those are examples and history repeats itself, just wait 31 years and someone will conflate something that happened recently that we don't think twice about, and claim it was a big UFO case.

Even Rendlesham forest, the longer time went on, the more Penniston inflated his story. But at least Halt wrote the "unexplained lights" memo at the time to show something happened, he obviously saw a lighthouse based on his recording:

Those beeps are at 5 second intervals just like the lighthouse light was.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
With Dan Aykroyd (..... yes the portly ghost-buster & blues brother ) claiming to of bought up video footage of the incident , to be released at a later date .

Well it's a later date now, so where are the videos?

There had to be pictures and video and that clip you posted even talked about pictures, but we haven't seen squat, why? Anyone can post pictures to the internet, they don't need the government's permission.

By the way I don't think the O'Hare incident was a UFO, I think it was a UAP. Not all UAPs are UFOs.

My guess is they saw something like this:
It does look a little like a saucer shaped UFO, but it's not, it's a UAP (Well this one is identified but I can understand why some wouldn't be).

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You mean like back in the 70s when they were all real and none of them were hoaxes?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think this is an awesome post - valid, reasonable and unassuming.

It's something I've pondered myself, and the conclusion I've arrived at is that the real deal simply just doesn't occur very often. But if/when the next one does, I'm at least hoping that the footage will be better. After all, even during the Phoenix Lights (1997), decent photo/video equipment simply wasn't a staple of the majority of households like it is today.

That said, I'd like to nominate 2 other events for inclusion onto the OP list.

1) The Belgium Triangle. 3 different NATO ground radar locks, fighters scrambled, hundreds if not thousands of witnesses (police, military, etc.), and photo+video? Good stuff.

2) The Illinois Sighting. 5 unacquainted police officers, 5 different counties, dispatch tapes, and a supportive, albeit very blurry, photo. Significant in my opinion.

I'm biased, though - I do so love those creepy Triangles.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by cripmeister

Exactly!

Hi all,

The Roswell incident and the Battle of LA were not known as UFO incidents until decades later, It took about 31 years for someone to decide Roswell was an interesting case, and longer than that for the battle of LA. So if those are examples and history repeats itself, just wait 31 years and someone will conflate something that happened recently that we don't think twice about, and claim it was a big UFO case.

Even Rendlesham forest, the longer time went on, the more Penniston inflated his story. But at least Halt wrote the "unexplained lights" memo at the time to show something happened, he obviously saw a lighthouse based on his recording:

Those beeps are at 5 second intervals just like the lighthouse light was.

r]

Why do you feel the need to post that yet again when it has been palpably shown on film and by other researchers, it could not have been the lighthouse? You know that and you also know that the originator of the lighthouse theory has, on film, recanted it and admitted that, it couldn't have been the lighthouse, but you still choose to post, time and again, something which is untrue?

An independent witness, who lived in a nearby farm, watched the lights over the forest and the air force personnel and their lights weave through the forest. A local couple had also reported a clearly seen UFO, in the area around the same time the incident happened.

As for Penistone, there is some evidence to suggest that. Both he and his fellow witness, were debriefed in such a way, as to interfere with their memories of the subject. However, when the object returned there were just, too many people involved in the sighting to make that practical. That is, it's one thing to go meddling with a couple of lowly grunts memories but to do the same to the acting Colonel of the base could have had ramifications operation wise. Plus, to have simply moved all those personnel would have just added fuel to the flames of the rumours already circulating around the mess.

It has been mooted that, it might have been some form of *Psy Op* to test the reaction of American personnel to such an incident, but there has been no credible evidence appear to back this theory up at all. it is a possibility but the independent witness's testimony does tend to discount this.

I myself have, on this forum, detailed two other "landings" by craft of a similar nature described at Rendelsham, in Britain within a 3 month period during the winter of 1980-81. One which sighting was recounted to me at the danger of the witness losing his job and possibly, being prosecuted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Believe me, you cant see any lighthouses from the A38 in Derbyshire.

As for the OP.... look up.... The Shag Harbour Incident .... Operation Mainbrace... The strange tale of Mr Janus and the Queen's Equerry .... The Belgian Flying Triangles... The case of the Russian research vessel in the Devil's Triangle ... The trans en Provence case .... The Voronezh case from Russia .... The Kelly Cahill abduction .... The Coyne Helicopter incident ... The Stephen Michalak Encounter at Falcon Lake.... The Vaucluse Beach UFO Australia ... The Valensole France landing case... Father Gill / Papua New Guinea Sighting ..... The Gorman Dogfight ....

They are all interesting and different cases worthy of checking out.

new topics

top topics

join