It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YAY! Now showers are bad for you!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My word what rubbish will 'they' think up next?
i just read an article that water is bad for you too; 8 glasses a day dont do anything.
i'm sure next up in oxygen. something is wrong with the air we breathe so stop breathing! *rolls eyes*

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Well that can tarnish some showerheads.
Oh great even more to worry about. Even worse I recently got one of those monsoon showerheads and was loving it!

Oh well abck to bathing for me then

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes, breathing air is bad for you. Viruses, allergens (causes inflammation, which can lead to cancer in certain areas) bacteria, funguses, pollutants, tacos ... all in the air we breathe.

Most tap water (that includes filtered tap water) in a lot of developed countries is bad for you. Filtered water contains very high and far from natural levels of fluoride. At this dosage, your brain starts to deteriorate. Unfiltered tap water is just crazy bad for you, never drink that #.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by sliceNodice]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This isn't exactly a new thing as it was determined decades ago that a particularly nasty bacteria called legionella pneumophila (cause of Legionaires Disease) could multiply and survive in water up to 60C (140F). This bacteria is found in soil everywhere but concentrations are very low allowing all but the most susceptible to resist infection. Its numbers explode in warm water though and a shower creates a concentrated aerosol of it which gets inhaled. Large aircon condensers are also a place it thrives in so regular treatment of the water in those is required to knock it out or the bacteria gets sprayed over the surrounding area causing clusters of legionaires disease.

The solution? - crank up the thermostat on the water heater to 65C (150F) or above and it dies. The elderly are most at risk and even moreso because thermostats in their water heaters are often turned down well below 60C to prevent them being accidentally scalded.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
A really terrible news,i just like shower so much,maybe i have to have tub bath in the future,but what about make the head dry after a shower,can this useful?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
oh....I like this one better....

Swimming in chlorinated pools can lead to cancer: study

www.breitbart.com...

maybe it's finally dawning on them that there's gonna be a water shortage in the near future...so, well, now using water is bad for your health??

but, well, a tip to all.....
if the chlorine in those pools can cause my hands to blister, turn black and force me take take high doses of antibiotics for about a month and keep both my hands bandaged, well....
it might be harmful to you too???

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've heard about this shower head thing before. Luckily I clean mine out pretty regular so I doubt the risk is too high.

I went to look it up on "Kill or Cure". They don't have a listing for it yet, which is suprising, as the Daily Mail loves any kind of horror story like this.

While looking it up though, I noticed shaving gives you cancer too, so if we follow all the advice at hand and don't shower or shave, we are going to look and smell like bums.

kill-or-cure.heroku.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar One way to remove these bacteria from the showerhead is to disconnect the showerhead from the pipe and submerge it in some fluid that will de-gunk the inside, not sure what the fluid is called but you can buy it in a store. I've been meaning to do that... Must remember

Uh, do you mean Pepsi, Diet Pepsi Coke or Diet Coke? It's a proven fact that these drinks will dissolve human nails, get grease or oil out of clothing and even loosen screws or bolts that have rusted solid.

So why not try a can of fizzy drink containing phosporic acid?

Sorry, I forgot the serious scientific bit. Unless water is constantly moving through pipework, there could possibly be a build up of Legionella Pneumophila in cold water tanks. To prevent this from happening, simply run the cold water tap for roughly 10 minutes every day, especially in summer where water often sits in pipework getting warm.

edit on 03/07/10 by fritz because: As my post says, I forgot the scientific bit.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Personally, I prefer to just take a nice warm bath (great for tired muscles), and then shower off. Best of both worlds.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
it's down to sand and fruit bat guano, i guess.

the bleach is a good idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join