It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noobs: Good or Bad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Are the "newbies" in your opinion good for the ATS/BTS community?

Or are they the opposite?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Its a mixed thing if you ask me.

Some are great like Narnia for example. Fresh faces are great, but at the same time there are opposites. Most of the bad newbs are stuck in the pit and the bright side is the pit still exists for them to go to.

I dunno if this thread will stick around though so I thought I'd drop my two cents in.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's a learning experience. I got verbally b-slapped a few times when I got here. Sometimes it's just a matter of learning how to be a member of a community. The few that don't want to learn will be weeded out. I have no problem with the others.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Everyone is new at some point. Welcome them in with open arms and try to help them become informed. If they turn out to be bastards then

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah I was horrible when I first showed up (is it really only 4 months ago?), and I was lucky that people were forgiving.

Truly an ATS success story is mine.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Yeah I was horrible when I first showed up

Ya, I was a real bastard when I first showed up and now just look at me.

Well, I guess I really haven't changed all that much, but it's the thought that counts.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its like old people who go "I hate kids" we were all a kid once, same for newbies, we were all one of those at one time!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well lets see, our other option is just sitting around talking to the same old people about the same old subjects. Of course new members are a good thing. New blood, fresh meat for the grinder, and so on.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
gotta have n00bs.

even if they are reborn n00bs.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
We were all noobs at one point

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Depends on your point of view at a specified time.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No offense, but the question is kinda stupid. As it was said, everybody once was a newbie. What would this community be without newbies? Not much if you ask me.

Sure newbs are a good thing. Trolls aren't tho, and new members will always mean new trolls once in a while.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Sure newbs are a good thing. Trolls aren't tho, and new members will always mean new trolls once in a while.

You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and then you have....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think anyone joining after 9/11 is a "noob". That's just my definition.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There are good ones and bad ones, but they all need to be slapped around once in a while.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That makes me a new user then, Masked.

I think newbs are ok, but I hate when theres a billion new intro threads every day. But, alas, what can ya do?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Guys!!! come on ....

Newmembers are a vital part of ats.

Think about it... how many fresh ideas have you come across that the new members have brought here to ATS.

My advice is when you see a new member say hi ...offer help...and in doing so stearing them in the right direction,

We all make mistakes and we still do!
But we learn as we go along,

Again Take a little time to go show some new members the ropes,
we all have questions and having someone who is willing to help sometimes stops the repetive threads,
Also tell them about the search, !!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Some are a pain in the as$, some are real smart.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I like reading other people's opinions and like the fact that there are so many new and varied ideas here. Sure, we have the occasional bad apple but in the main new members are, IMHO, good.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
That makes me a new user then, Masked.

I think newbs are ok, but I hate when theres a billion new intro threads every day. But, alas, what can ya do?

I like the intro threads. Each post is approx 5 points. Where would the people be without points.

Newb's are good for the Ats community. They give a different perspective on different issues, as do other members.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join