It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer Files Racketeering Charges Against Bp ., Says They Have 'Reptillian Attitudes' ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Was just watching 'The ED Show' on MSNBC.

Mike Papantonio , an environmental lawyer has filed a RICO lawsuit against BP .

But , get this ... he actually used the words "...REPTILLIAN attitude..." .

I just about fell off my chair !

Will try to find a transcript of this as it becomes available .

[edit on 14-6-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
When referring to top brass of BP and others , such as Michael Bloomberg , he said they all "have reptillian attitudes" .

Is he onto something , or just being sarcastic ?

The look on his face was priceless , either way .

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Perhaps by reptilian attitudes he meant they're cold hearted/cold blooded.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
could he have been on about the "r complex" , reptilian brain?- www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Perhaps by reptilian attitudes he meant they're cold hearted/cold blooded.

That is exactly what he meant 99.9% certainty.

See reptiles are cold blooded.

So are people who murder others without remorse.

Therefore, a heartless killer = cold blooded reptile.

It's a figure of speech and has been around for ages.

BUT, maybe this figure of speech ORIGINALLY had some weird reasons for it's existence.

This will require a good deal of research to determine.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes , the figure of speech has been around for at least thousands of years , such as Jesus referring to a group as vipers and/or snakes ?

However , I tend to believe that the comparison would have to be rooted in something other than the fact that reptiles are 'cold-blooded' . After all , when did science first ascertain the fact that reptiles are indeed cold-blooded ?

Comparing someone to a reptile has been around for at least thousands of years .

The story of Eden has a 'reptile' playing a role that very obviously could be equated with the roles played by numerous individuals and groups of today .

Numerous cultures have historical accounts of reptillian beings . To list them all would take time .

I just don't feel it is wise to entirely dismiss any and all possibilities in relation to this topic .

Sometimes , the root of our problems in life is 'right under our nose' and we can't recognize it as so .

And yes , it could be effectively argued that he was using it as a figure of speech .

In my opinion tho , his facial expression gave me the impression of something more .

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Yes , that is an interesting link . Still , there are those who will call BS on it , even when presented with scientific fact . I read a report here awhile back that was discussing the fact that humans actually had tails at one time , and that we still to this day possess evidence of such .

But , none of this fits well into the religious parameters of creation so , it will all be dismissed even tho science confirms it .

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Of course we had tails, we were once apes.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

" Of course we had tails , we were once apes ."

I don't know if you were being facetious , or if you actually felt you were pointing out the obvious .

However , apes do not have tails . In fact , the word 'ape' , in it's earliest meaning , was used to describe a TAIL-LESS , non-human primate .

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join