It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need some optimisim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
With all these talks about the oil spill, the Gaza killings, Afghanistan, Iraq everything is negative. I would just like to put this up as a reminder that the world is not so bad.

(Do not know were this should go, but people should be reminded that we are not a cancer to this earth and that there is still good among us.)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
agreed. no need to dwell on the negative and its always nice to get away. btw your avatar reminds me of when pee wee herman is getting ready to shave.
think pee wees big adventure...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm sure there is someone here that remembers the '60s and 70s... the US was in Viet Nam...Presidents and candidates and peace makers were getting shot, riots were breaking out on the Mall in washingtonDC...we REALLY thought we might get nuked by USSR or China any minute...gae was going sky high...food and inflatuion was jumping...Watergate...celebrities and people you knew were dying young...

Man, it was a crazy time.

The answer...LOVE....

Remeber this?...All you need is love, All together now...all ya need is love.

Just Give Peace a Chance..... I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony.

Hey, it all begins within each one of us.

The world is a beautiful place, and life is beautiful... tonight, try some good karma....no joke...try being positive, loving, forgiving, thankful. Call someone and say..."I love you."

It worked then...man, it can work now. Peace, Brother...and Sister.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thought I would lend some optimism to this thread or at least make people smile:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

It seems to me that this forum lately has been full of nothing but negative waves, no matter what happens, someone has it being the doomsday, or something of that sort, jeez all the negativity is my main reason for not coming to post very often.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You are right ....it's not the world being bad
The world as in da planet we live on is a wonderful and beautiful place

The only problem is those groups living on the planet with all their own individual pushed forward for selfish reasons mostly.

I still have hope that part of the world Oneness will be established but not for all and it won't be all positive ......

Being positive is an attitude and a life philosophy

Positivity isnt meant to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Positivity means to be in the midst of all turmoil and still be calm in your heart convinced all will be ok at the end. That is the real meaning of being positive!

Namaste!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You are right.

Just one thing...

I always get sad from the melody of that song... Tears in the eyes and all.
It is a beautiful song tho.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As many of you are aware, the very wise man Bill Hicks once encouraged us to regard the world with the "eyes of love:"

The world is like a ride in an amusement park and when we choose to go on it we think it's real, because thats's how powerful our minds are. And it goes up and down and round and round, it has thrills and chills and its very brightly colored and very loud, and it's fun - for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time and after a while they begin to question: Is this real, or is it just a ride? But some people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say. "Hey, don't worry and don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride" - and we kill those people...

"Shut him up! Ive got a lot invested in this ride... Look at my furrows of worry... Look at my big bank account... Look at my family... This has to be real"

But it's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try to tell us that and we let the demons run amok. But it doesnt matter, because it's just a ride - and we can change it any time we want.

All we need is the choice.

No effort, no work, no job, no savings or money - just a choice - right now - between fear & love.

The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns and and close yourself off, the eyes of love instead, see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world to a better ride right now. Take all the money we spend on weapons and defence every year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space together,

both inner and outer,

Forever.

In peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarnished Templar

I've seen that part on you tube. Hicks was quite a character was he not ?
He seemed fully aware of all the bad things going on.

new topics

top topics

join