It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian scribe website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So I came across this website called the Sumerian Scribe and it says that back in 2008 or so the US Military discovered some tablets and they had Sumerian writings on them. He states that the US and British government hid these tablets from the people. These tablets also contain an event that happens to repeat itself every so often. You know like the Nibiru thing and also talk about the first king of earth called the Sargon.

I like the artsy type videos that come on this site.

slewsgranger.wordpress.com...

It even has videos of the Gilgamesh stories as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Alright man! You got my interest. I have been gathering up a few links about this exact topic!. I actually picked to night to start watching the struff (and reading). Too cool.

S&F Thanks for the posting. I don't know Jack about this yet but I'll toss in my 2 cents about the site and info later.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have only yet to begin reading..

very interesting stuff so far.. the only issue I have is anything
that is hosted on 'wordpress/webs/etc etc is they lose a fair amount
of credibility with me..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So they manage to interpret this tablet, yet can't put an image of said tablet on their site?

I too have found an ancient Sumerian clay tablet, it reads:

"Don't believe (unreadable)...thing you read (unreadable) ...the Interwebs..." then ends with what appears to be a colon-dash-parentheses.

What's sad is their interpretation of these tablets contain more instances of the word "Nibiru" than exist in the entire collection of tablets in all the museums the world over. In other words, the Sumerians scarcely ever mention "Nibiru" (accept a few mentions of it as a "crossing point"), which suggests it's importance (or lack of) to themselves.

I'm sorry to say but this site appears to belong to the metaphysics genre and a piece of wishful thinking on their part, or worse yet a hoax.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fand S
inquiring minds want to know
me too

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Exactly...

These particular 'tablets' have already been discussed on ATS before. If they have them, why not post a picture, like everyone else does?

Anyone could make up a mumbo jumbo story which is meant to look legit and post it on a blog...

SMH.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
So they manage to interpret this tablet, yet can't put an image of said tablet on their site?

I too have found an ancient Sumerian clay tablet, it reads:

"Don't believe (unreadable)...thing you read (unreadable) ...the Interwebs..." then ends with what appears to be a colon-dash-parentheses.

What's sad is their interpretation of these tablets contain more instances of the word "Nibiru" than exist in the entire collection of tablets in all the museums the world over. In other words, the Sumerians scarcely ever mention "Nibiru" (accept a few mentions of it as a "crossing point"), which suggests it's importance (or lack of) to themselves.

I'm sorry to say but this site appears to belong to the metaphysics genre and a piece of wishful thinking on their part, or worse yet a hoax.

well he did say they had a committee of sorts overseeing the tablets translations. They were told to stay quiet. I do remember the military finding the lost city of UR in 2008 and they did find some tablets in Sumerian language.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KATSUO
I have only yet to begin reading..

very interesting stuff so far.. the only issue I have is anything
that is hosted on 'wordpress/webs/etc etc is they lose a fair amount
of credibility with me..

maybe they didn't want to spend the money on a real website? I noticed they also use flicker for their photos holding. they just wanted to save a little money.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

A few questions

1. Other than various websites quoting Translations of these so-called Sumerian Tablets, why has not there been a single photograph leaked out? The guy could leak out large bits of translations, but couldn't leak out even a small pic, be it blurry, be it sharp...not a even a small pic.

2. As a user stated before - Why a blog only? That makes it more suspicious.

3. Are you sure that these tablets were found in the city of Ur.? By the military?
Ur was not discovered by the American Military.
Ur was excavated in the 1930s. Take a look! The American Military Occupied it only.

I am sorry to say, these so called New tablets reek of a hoax.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

A few questions

1. Other than various websites quoting Translations of these so-called Sumerian Tablets, why has not there been a single photograph leaked out? The guy could leak out large bits of translations, but couldn't leak out even a small pic, be it blurry, be it sharp...not a even a small pic.

2. As a user stated before - Why a blog only? That makes it more suspicious.

3. Are you sure that these tablets were found in the city of Ur.? By the military?
Ur was not discovered by the American Military.
Ur was excavated in the 1930s. Take a look! The American Military Occupied it only.

I am sorry to say, these so called New tablets reek of a hoax.

So if a skeptic had some proof that ghosts did not exist and posted on a blog would you believe that? you only call hoax because of the word nibiru.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Why don't you address the actual questions posed instead of attempting to counter with a strawman question?

These things are a hoax.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.britishmuseum.org...

www.boston.com...

nwolibrary.com...

I know the last link is kind of fishy because of the name, but that site reminds me of this site. They used anonymous names basically their youtube names, but the first two links I got from the last link.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The 1st is a pdf file....selecting particular portion of the pdf

He related that, on 20 or 21 March 2006, Professor Giovanni Pettinato and Professor Silvia Chiodi had discovered at Eridu a tablet covered with bitumen. They had looked further and found 500 tablets “disturbed by an explosion”. The tablets were said to be literary, historical and lexical. The historical tablets dated from the time of Eannatum, and the latest tablets were from the time of Amar-Suen. This information, or variations of it, was also circulated on various Italian and international websites. Following these revelations, Dr Donny George, then Chairman of the State Board of Antiquities and Heritage, sent inspectors to Eridu, who reported back that there were no tablets on the surface of the site, but only fragments of stamped bricks from the site of Eridu itself and from sites surrounding Eridu such as Ur. On 19 July 2006, at the 52ème Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale in Münster, Professor Pettinato reported that he had actually only found some 70 stamped bricks at Eridu. It seems, then, that what Pettinato and Chiodi actually found were stamped bricks used to build the modern Eridu dig-house.10 There is no evidence of looting or of recent visits to the site – car tracks were visible near a neighbouring canal and the site fence, which was not visited; from the air, it was possible to see the posts of the fence. Surface scraping close to the fence is presumably the result of field irrigation. Two site guards, who were not present during the inspection, are based at a village some distance from the mound.

I think the pseudo- sitchin followers/maniacs caught on to this and built up the story that the Americans took the tablets..blah blah blah. 500 "Tablets" found turned out to be stamped bricks!!!

The second is the news article on the "damage to the ancient City of Babylon" at the hand of the "American Military occupying it" - No mention of the new Sumerian Tablets that the Americans found and are secretly being deciphered/translated.

Third link is a of course one which is a site, which hawks/preaches the pseudo history of sitchin and his stupid niburu.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Generally speaking, in an actual archeological setting a find is, after careful removal, shipped back to the institution sponsoring the excavation (university, museum, etc.) where it's photographed and cataloged, and may not actually be interpreted for weeks, months, even years. Where it was removed from, i.e. the soil, the depth, is also a crucial factor in helping to date the artifacts. Yet we're supposed to believe they "found" these tablets, knew immediately what they said, whereupon the military shows up to confiscate them? Dubious, very dubious.

No photographs = no claim.

BTW, the Sumerians were prolific producers of the "plano-convex" bricks being that there was little else to build with, but then so has virtually ever resident of that region since ancient times, so it would be doubtful that these were Sumerian bricks if they were lying on the surface.

The more I look at that wordpress site, the harder I laugh, that site is WAY off the lunatic deep end, apparently for them Sitchin/Nibiru is only an excuse to go off on an NWO conspiracy fantasy.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It just makes me wonder why waste bandwidth for something stupid then? I personally say this is why I have disdain for mankind. It is nothing but BS.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

The article posted on the NWO Library site was clearly sourced as coming from another site (as the SOURCE link below every article shows) which was: www.paranormalnews.com...

The articles are posted there to provoke thought, not to preach. It is healthy for outlook/viewpoint to grow and change as new information comes to light, so there would be conflicting viewpoints expressed in different entries there, as would any such site where the owner/operator is truly honest.

And the videos can be uploaded by any member (it used to be completely public but is now limited to members due to abuse of that ability) and as the disclaimer on the video page says, the videos in that section to not reflect the beliefs or point of view of the owner(s) of the site.

Many people, including linguists take strong issue with Sitchin's translation of Sumerian cuneform tablets. Having not read all of Sitchin's books, I cannot comment on his assertions except to say that from what I have encountered they are thought-provoking.

There is information, misinformation and disinformation and sometimes it is difficult to decipher. Sometimes it is necessary to read misinformation and disinformation in order to figure out what tidbits of truth that are scattered therein. The danger lies in glomming onto the wrong tidbit. This is where many go wrong, specifically due to the laziness in doing the necessary research both on the author and their cited sources.

Of course there are those out there who make their living on books, lectures and so on, and unfortunately, too many people believe what is said by them 'whole-cloth' without further research - looking up their sources to see if they were misquote, misrepresented or misinterpreted/taken out of context, but of course most don't do that, and can be led/swept along on a tide and spread mis/disinformation around everywhere. YouTube is full of this, and unfortunately the meme created seems to thrive on itself and grow, and then anyone who questions the meme is a) and idiot, b) a fed/agent, c) a hater. And those 'faithful' to the author/lecturer feel justified that they have defended their hero/teacher and the ideas/ideals espoused by the same, and may become even more closed-minded to any alternative and further entrenched in their current position.

As a side note (slightly OT): Mainstream/official/established archaeology and history are BS and most people know it. OOPARTs are a fascination because they do not of course fit into the 'accepted' timeline for pet theories/beliefs. Therefore there are many things/discoveries which breed alternative theories, but one must acknowledge that these, too, are theories, not established, written in stone facts (yes, pun intended).

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In the interest of balance, apparently the creation myth was translated much, much earlier than Sitchin , and in 1876 published by George Smith:
www.archive.org...

And there are other translations as well, as discussed in colleges and college courses:
faculty.gvsu.edu...

As well, there are official projects by stakeholders who make their translations available electronically:
cdli.ucla.edu...

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

There are many more in each category but I thought I would just post these as a start.

And here's a linguist who takes very strong exception to Sitchin's translations and claims:
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

As a note, it is important to read that with which one disagrees sometimes in order to gain an alternative view, not necessarily that one will agree, but if one stays cosily and securely within the confines of those with whom they agree, how does one learn anything?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aset42
In the interest of balance, apparently the creation myth was translated much, much earlier than Sitchin , and in 1876 published by George Smith:
www.archive.org...

I'm chiming in to point out that Sitchen has never claimed to have translated any Sumerian or Babylonian work.
There's little doubt that Mr. Sitchen couldn't read cuneiform.

But you're absolutely right that there are several translations of the Babylonian Creation Myth (Enuma Elish) available. Here's another one, from 1902, by Leonard King. - (Also available in book form)
Here's one from 1969 by Speiser
Here's one from 2000 by Stephanie Dalley
There's even a PDF of it in cuneiform, with transliterated words on the even pages and cuneiform on the odd ones, if anyone out there is ambitious.

It's basically a certainty that the fantasies proposed by Sitchin were just that.

Harte

top topics

join